Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

** Peak Times, and How they can help you. **

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

** Peak Times, and How they can help you. **

Post by Lu Chaos »

I was sitting here thinking on how we can get the city of Underlight populated again and it dawned on me that we have two different types of players.. With this in mind.. We are playing a game where we all are sleeping in our real bodies but dreaming in this world.. Which means, everyone sleeps at different times.. Good...

We understand that Underlight is on a Pacific USA time zone, meaning normal peak times for this time zone and time zones around it would be.. 7-10PM Pacific everyday. Since we have an understanding on when the normal majority experiences their peak times... I would like to get an understanding of players who cannot play during this time because of the time zone difference.. Please give a standard time on when your own peak time would be.. Would it be 4-7 AM Pacific? Or what? Let us know so that we can start making future attempts to play with everyone no matter their time difference, and perhaps gain momentum in more interactions with one another..
Thanks for reading.

-Matt
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Re: ** Peak Times, and How they can help you. **

Post by Hammen »

I play Mon-Fri normally between 6pm-9pm dst (sometimes earlier and sometimes later). Weekends are a bit more sporadic. 6pm-10pm is likely to be the range on the weekends but slightly less reliable and my trance more. In any case, I consider myself a frequent player and one you will see a lot if around those time periods.

H
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Good deal, a normal peak time player, thanks for your contribution to this post, Hammen.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

For me, it's around 8-12 for the duration of this project, not to say I'm on 4 hours a day, many days it's two hours in there somewhere, but I do try to be on every day. That said, I know HC is as guilty as everyone else, since we'll be working on a project and end up having 6 or 7 people up there teaching and bullshitting, but we need to make a concerted effort to get out of the houses, down in other planes. Many dreamers find it uncomfortable sitting on someone else's facade and rather than run up to see what's going on, as they would in edgeward or the basin or something, they just say oh, it's just HC or it's just PC and wake.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

I agree Uthanatos its something ive been working on in silence to getting the houses to interact with one another on a more consistent basis. Like you said.. Since we are gonna bullshit around anyways lets not go bullshit and chill at the other houses facade you know? Help them out with tasks and what not too. However in the game...

Our characters have history with each other and sometimes that history overrides the importance of the present and future for all parties involved. Hell even I'm guilty of not wanting to play with certain characters on Lu Chaos because of old interactions, who I'd love to rp with on another character but its just how the game works. As controllers though we should switch it up and work together you know? Its all on us. I digress thanks for letting us know when you are available the most. Your contribution helps.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

I'm around sporadically during the day, and can't count on being able to play before 8pm (Gametime). I can usually be around until Midnight or so most days. If Arnaya is needed outside of those times, just send a PM with days and times to meet up and I'll see what I can do.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

I try my best to work with this new full-time job I have. My hours there are 12PM-9PM EST Monday-Friday and it's about a 40-50 minute drive to and from my workplace. This makes my hours during weekdays a bit short. Maybe 11PM-1AM EST if I'm not exhausted. Friday and Saturday I can be around much longer, but on Sundays I can't be on later than 1AM. However, I do sometimes break this rule and tack on another 30 minutes to an hour... For shame. My will is weak. Sometimes during my time IG I will go all trancy because of whatever nonsense my parrot is up to if I'm in during the day or I need to do something around the house. (We're still settling in and I've been trying to revive some of the sod that dried up while our builder was finishing up the last bit of the house and what not. They weren't very good to our lawn and I may have become a bit obsessed with it's fragile condition.) I can go unresponsive like this several times and for several minutes at a time, so I apologize for that. But I'm trying. I'm trying the best I can considering all the changes going on in my life right now.
TLDR:
Mon-Thurs: 11PM-1AM
Fri-Sat: Whenever I feel like playing to whenever I get tired.
Sun: Whenever I feel like playing to 1AM.
All time here is EST.
DONE
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Thanks to everyone for their continued contributions to this post. The more of us who post, the better we can all find out when you can meet up with someone you need to see in game. You know?
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

My normal dreamtimes are 7pm DST to about 10pm DST during the week, but it is dependent on kids and my internet connection. Weekends are completely random. I am always available by PM though and will always try to accommodate.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Thanks for your contribution to the post Butterfly, the added PM thing definitely helps with communication.
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Well then... No one told me that shifts change to ass-o-clock in the morning during the summer. Now my hours are 7AM-3PM Monday-Friday as far as I know. Management is winging it and I'm not completely clear on the being off every Friday for the next two months or not. Eventually we'll be going to ten hour shifts during this two month period. I'm not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm just warning people who need Hael that she most likely won't be in much. My job is physically demanding, and sometimes I'm pretty wimpy and tired because of it. I'll update this particular post when management sorts their stuff out. Like everyone here, I'm available through PM. Or you can reach me on Skype for a faster response. Just let me know who you are. I block randos.
DONE