Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Farewell to Ana and Shae....

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Farewell to Ana and Shae....

Post by Arnaya »

I would like to tell you both that I have loved RPing with both of you, and miss seeing you two around. I am sorry for my part in the drama that took place tonight, and I hope you both will find your way back in time... though I completely understand if you don't. The game is poorer for your absence

If has been a pleasure to know both of you, and I wish you both the very best :)

~Jan, the Insanity behind Arnaya
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Farewell to Ana and Shae....

Post by Uthanatos »

I do sincerely hope that we don't lose two more amazing characters to the void because of a few that decide everyone needs aggression in their lives. I sincerely hope that the frustration will subside and you will both return, Ail too, amongst others.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Shae
Dreamer

Post by Shae »

Um... I'm not leaving, guys! In fact, Shae is going to be back more often. Last night I said that I was , "Leaving for tonight". Sorry if that got interpreted the wrong way. I'm actually really excited about the game right now, because of what's going on at the EA!! :P
Where are all the GateKeepers?!
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Oh, SWEET!!! Glad to hear it Shae, it sounded in game like "I'm gone for good" Lol. Glad to hear that isn't the case :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Wolfgar
Dreamer

Post by Wolfgar »

gnome never leave...just tease us by being absent for extended periods

--Wolfgar
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I heard weeks ago that Anasina was already leaving :cry:
Anasina
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Anasina

Post by Anasina »

I figure I should reply to this, since I've gotten some PMs today about it. <.<

Yes, I've left the game. I'm only coming in on personal request, which is why Ana was about last night even (and very reluctantly I might add), or for things like the fireside chat that happened recently.

There are a number of reasons why I've left, and I'm not going to get into them on public forum. Just not my style, eh? Just know it wasn't a decision made on the spot, but rather one I made after a long while of careful thought.

If you want to chatter I still can't break the forum addiction so I'll likely answer any PM you send me. :) I'm also more than happy to exchange contact details. Just know I hate Facebook with a passion and will only log into it if I spot that I have a message. ;p

Hope everyone has fun and makes UL amazing. <3

*'~Anatroller~'*
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

Tember wrote:I heard weeks ago that Anasina was already leaving :cry:
I knew she was leaving, but last night seemed to be the last night... so I wanted to say bye and see if we could let her know that the community would miss her ;)
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

<hijack>
Uthanatos wrote:I do sincerely hope that we don't lose two more amazing characters to the void because of a few that decide everyone needs aggression in their lives. I sincerely hope that the frustration will subside and you will both return, Ail too, amongst others.
I don't think it's fair to blanket oppose "aggression" in Underlight. It's a very valid and (I believe) important aspect of the political environment. I do think it's fair to place blame on those who don't know how to meter and control their actions, though. There's a time and place for everything in life and in this game. Anasina is a tremendous character who adds something completely different than anyone else so it would be very disappointing to see her permanently leave.

It's important to keep in mind that self-control and self-moderation are important steps to being an adult. Recognizing when you're going too far is helpful too.
</hijack>

I really hope Anasina decides to play again, even if it's a part time role. I'm not sure who else has left but the game requires far more in it than have been there lately to be able to be successful.
Wolfgar
Dreamer

Post by Wolfgar »

and not to underscore the seriousness of Dreiko's post, but again...

who knew Anasina was a closet thug and carried chaks?????? I mean really???

--Wolfgar
Sorsha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sorsha

Post by Sorsha »

<3 " Ana" you know you won't be able to get rid of me :) see you around forums etc...
and I completely agree with Sidas.. Ana is so unique, and will be missed quite terribly. :(
xoxox

~c
++SC++
++Quipster++
++Master Sender++
++Idealist++
++Wanderer++
++Opportunist++
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

Wolfgar wrote:who knew Anasina was a closet thug and carried chaks?????? I mean really???
Inzoum did :lol:

Chak-to-the-face was a very common way for her to keep her Ruler in line whenever he'd do stupid shit. It was always playful and amusing and not really aggressive in any way, but I was very aware of how absolutely complete her arsenal of effect chaks was.

I miss that.
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Anasina wrote:I figure I should reply to this, since I've gotten some PMs today about it. <.<

Yes, I've left the game. I'm only coming in on personal request, which is why Ana was about last night even (and very reluctantly I might add), or for things like the fireside chat that happened recently.

There are a number of reasons why I've left, and I'm not going to get into them on public forum. Just not my style, eh? Just know it wasn't a decision made on the spot, but rather one I made after a long while of careful thought.

If you want to chatter I still can't break the forum addiction so I'll likely answer any PM you send me. :) I'm also more than happy to exchange contact details. Just know I hate Facebook with a passion and will only log into it if I spot that I have a message. ;p

Hope everyone has fun and makes UL amazing. <3

*'~Anatroller~'*
This is saddening. I always enjoyed Tary and Ana's interactions. Tary always tried to bring out the hidden villain in Ana, refusing to believe that she was all about cookies. Granted I don't play much - if at all - but it was always fun to play the cantankerous, scheming old fart to Ana's straight-laced bubbly personality.

If you ever decide to come back, just know that Tary will still expect Ana to overthrow the dream populace.

Fun fact: Tary once tried to take out a hit with the Peace Corpse on Ana's head. He wanted to frame Inzoum for it. :D

M
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

Fun Fact: to Tary's post. We declined the contract.. Says alot right? Nah i'm sure you guys won't give me my just do doesn't matter.

If you guys quit just know whatever the reason unless it's RL related, is pointless. This is a video game with fake made up characters in it that we all play. Keep that in mind going forward. And as far as Dreiko's post. Lu Chaos has all the self control in the world. He literally just doesn't care. *shrugs* can't throw around phrases like self restraint and such when the person you are speaking on just doesn't care where you are or who is around. None the less, Ana and Shae hopefully you come back and enjoy yourselves, the game is going to get alot more fun in these next few days/weeks.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

This wasn't a political commentary or aimed at anyone other than Anasina and Shae, saying bye to them and wishing them well. Nothing more or less. As it turns out, Shae's sticking around and will probably be around More (WOOT!!!).
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

Lu Chaos wrote:Fun Fact: to Tary's post. We declined the contract.. Says alot right? Nah i'm sure you guys won't give me my just do doesn't matter.

If you guys quit just know whatever the reason unless it's RL related, is pointless. This is a video game with fake made up characters in it that we all play. Keep that in mind going forward. And as far as Dreiko's post. Lu Chaos has all the self control in the world. He literally just doesn't care. *shrugs* can't throw around phrases like self restraint and such when the person you are speaking on just doesn't care where you are or who is around. None the less, Ana and Shae hopefully you come back and enjoy yourselves, the game is going to get alot more fun in these next few days/weeks.
Dude, honestly, this is kind of a dick post. The reason is for whatever reason she wants; the emotional connection to bits and bytes in the case of Underlight is real, and don't you tell me for one second that you don't have that connection to Lu Chaos or any other alt you might have. It's just not true. If you can't be sensitive enough to empathize with a person who's decided to throw in the towel -- and in this case this person isn't jumping for the spotlight, advertising that they're leaving or even saying WHY they're leaving -- then maybe you shouldn't respond at all unless it's to say "hey, we miss you, hope you'll play again, every character adds some level of dimensionality to this game."

Wil Wheaton's rule: don't be a dick.
Michael Acobas's rule: don't break Wil Wheaton's rule.

Please don't be a dick.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I was SO excited to play with Ana again (I played SoT, no I am NOT saying who). I will miss the fun that you brought to the game, but I'm not letting you off the hook just yet <insert evil laughter>. I hope to see your pixeled self again, until then, I will sustain my Ana fix with PM's.
AJ will keep locating Ana, holding out hope that she will see her again.

I am glad to hear Shae will still be around, she has been missed!
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Lu Chaos wrote:Fun Fact: to Tary's post. We declined the contract.. Says alot right? Nah i'm sure you guys won't give me my just do doesn't matter.

It's not "Lu Chaos" that should care. It's you, the controller. You spout all the time about us needing to build Underlight but you have been one of the parts of the decline with your refusal to even accept that IC actions can be metered based on the environment. Your random OOC comments to me about Dreiko "sucking" because he's "not Sylas Prium" are a sad indicator that you truly do not get *it*.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Damnit Ana, she was the reason why two of my chars joined AoE. They LOVE Ana! I have mixed feelings about all of this.

Tary is right. We all have a connection to our chars.

When you play a game that invlolves all types of personalities, you run into those that love to cause drama and grief. You just need to learn how to ignore it and avoid it. If it means you need to stay in places they can't bother you, then so be it. The GMs put the nice addition in the game where you can see who showed up to your house too. AoE even has an open sanctuary. If enough people ban together and just avoid them, they will get bored playing with only those in their house....eventually.

I do think drama is a big part of UL. It can be fun and entertaining. Instead of quiting, show them a big middle finger and not let them get to you. It is what I do most of the time. Even at the fireside chat lol.

Take a break and then come back. Maybe his new laptop will break! :D
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

So an old OOC that I stated to you in game that you took incorrectly you bring up MONTHs later? I don't care as a Controller if someone quits for stuff that they can't control, I really don't. I know it may sound like a 'dick move' but doesn't really matter to me. I'm not about to beg anyone to stay in game, unless they are Ill in real life and quit because of something like that, then maybe i'd be more sympathetic but since that's not it I don't care really.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

aaand.... so much for mature people wishing one of our peers Farewell and we'll miss you.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

My poor children, what you desire is known and not unknown to me, for I see well that everyone is sick, and being sick, still, not one of you is as sick as I am. For your pain comes upon the individual, one by one, to each man alone and no other, but my soul groans for the city, for me and you together. Hence, you do not wake me from sleep, but know that I have been weeping much and wandering many roads of the mind. -Oedipus, Oedipus Rex
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

This makes me sad, Ana will definitely be missed. As a player, you bring a lot to the game and I hope to see you return some day.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Lu Chaos wrote:So an old OOC that I stated to you in game that you took incorrectly you bring up MONTHs later? I don't care as a Controller if someone quits for stuff that they can't control, I really don't. I know it may sound like a 'dick move' but doesn't really matter to me. I'm not about to beg anyone to stay in game, unless they are Ill in real life and quit because of something like that, then maybe i'd be more sympathetic but since that's not it I don't care really.
I will leave this short and simple...

Perhaps you are playing the wrong game.
Tary
Dreamer

Post by Tary »

I had a long rant I posted and deleted because it's not worth feeding the troll.
I'm done fighting for you. I eagerly await your next violation because I - and I am sure the rest of the rules-enforcement team too - will push for a full IP ban. Bring it.

Drama: lock the thread please.
Michael