Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

My whole and only koiware account with all characters is gone?

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Lunk
Dreamer

My whole and only koiware account with all characters is gone?

Post by Lunk »

Hmmm.... so ya I've sent messages since yesterday night, hopped on IRC, sent emails (2 of them), and tried getting a hold of someone over facebook... basically, I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out why my one and only entire underlight koiware.com account is deleted with all the characters i used to log in as of 2 days ago are disabled ? i cant log into my koiware account so i assume its gone also. If someone can help me figure out why this is the case please let me know thanks. At this point if i say everything im trying to lay out on the table i would be repeating myself at least for the 4th time.... i am guessing its because i share a router with Vill Valorian and the automated software thought i was his second account and auto deleted me. if i can get help that would be great. --thanks~
Malarky
Dreamer

Re: My whole and only koiware account with all characters is gone?

Post by Malarky »

The account policy must've forgot to mention one account per IP address. Koiware really has no way of identifying individual accounts using any means but IP address association without pulling a blizzard and trying to save hardware identifiers. Even then it's banning based on using a computer and not any real violation. My advice would be to contact Spark. He seems to be the mover and shaker.

Account policy
viewtopic.php?f=2&p=10183#p10183
Lunk
Dreamer

Post by Lunk »

My advice would be to contact Spark. He seems to be the mover and shaker.
any idea how this is accomplished? Contacting "Spark" ?
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Spark is a GM on the forums. Click his name, then "Message". He checks the forums pretty regularly.
Lunk
Dreamer

Post by Lunk »

hmm, no offense but I'm about ready to give up trying if I can't at least get an email back or at least a status report on my account :/ . this is not right. Had access to these characters for like 10 years or longer :/ wake up one day, try to log in and one by one each of them is coming up as "this account is disabled please enable it at underlight.com etc etc" in the client and i cant even get into my UL primary account :/ its just not right. not even so much as a email about it at all.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

Keep calm Lunk, Spark's not been on the forum yet since you posted this thread, acccording to their profile page. Malarky's right, that's probably your best chance of getting hold of someone, Spark does visit the forum frequently and it was Spark who posted the notice about multiple accounts in the first place.

It is annoyingly true that some of the official ways of getting hold of the GMs on here work better than others (I personally rarely have any luck with e-mails to the roleplaying inquiries address, for instance, when I have an RP question), you've probably been talking to one of the inboxes that nobody checks.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Lunk
Dreamer

Post by Lunk »

Blade wrote:Did you try PM'ing Spark?
yes I sent him a PM on this forum luckily found the link to do so and sent it just now basically. hope he can get on and talk.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

I do apologize for the delay in response in regards to this situation. We received two emails, one on July 8th shortly after midnight and another on the same day, mid afternoon. I will remind you with the utmost respect and courtesy that our staff is entirely devoted to the team on a volunteer basis. Therefore, delays may occur, especially during weekends as with most organizations as we attend to our own matters beyond the project. Barely two days have elapsed since your first email. As a reminder, I have instructed my team to avoid communication regarding official project matters through social media and other non-official mediums.

The matter will be forwarded to the appropriate staff personnel. We ask that you remain patient with us as we look into your ticket issue. We will email you with any follow-up information or instructions.

Thank you for your continued participation in our community. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Update: Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this matter may be causing you. In speaking with Spark, he is currently out of town and will look into this issue personally, tomorrow evening. Thank you again for your patience as we look forward to bringing resolution to this matter.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”