Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Absence Board

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Cianne
Dreamer

Re: Absence Board

Post by Cianne »

Oh no, Sparky, not again :(
My thoughts are with you all, good luck, hopefully the b**ch will go back out to sea.

~c~
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

Be careful and safe all of you. Scary stuff :(

R
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Janus
Dreamer

Post by Janus »

From south Louisiana...

We would often play mud football during tropical storms. Like nature's slip 'n slide. This one seems super evil though. Let us know if you are in a bad way. I know a few others in the area (Tampa, Orlando, Pensacola) that would help.

We are a community, after all.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

Up in Philly now, should be home tonight, again, sorry for any inconvenience.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

"Remember how we said you have no work Thursday and Friday? Yeah... Forget about that. We need you in at 7am." "To do what exactly? Buillding is already prepared for the hurricane. "Just be here." I seriously don't understand my workplace, but I do know that I hate the management. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad on my way too and from work the rest of this week and then I can just kick back and relax (fat chance, Super Anxiety Woman!) and wait for the storm to pass.
DONE
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Power is out here. No idea when it will be back. Data hardly works, so no more Discord for now. No Wi-Fi, obviously. The transformer on the pole in our back yard is just kind of dangling and being slammed into the pole over and over again... It's awful to hear it. Besides that, everything is fine with us. We hope to have power back by Wednesday.
DONE
Elmer
Dreamer

Post by Elmer »

Yea, getting very, very ugly in "Coraal's" area now as well. Sending thoughts and prayers to all of you who are affected
by this.

Hang on tight!

R.
-Manners are free-
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Well, the power was restored a lot sooner than predicted, so that's awesome. Work starts again tomorrow. Dimitri is being sent away for disaster relief. The only damage was one screen blew out of the lanai. Our house is covered in leaves and dirt. Ew.

Now we get to put every bit of worry on Coraal. My side of Florida got lucky, his didn't.
DONE
Elmer
Dreamer

Post by Elmer »

He's o.k. :)
Spotty power and cell outages here and there today, otherwise he is safe and sound.

Glad you and yours are alright Hael, will pray for Dimitri on disaster relief.

R.
-Manners are free-
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

That takes a weight off my chest! We were having a conversation and I didn't get anything back the past few days. I know Tampa tends to flood. I'm glad he's alright. My cellphone was pretty much useless too. Still is a little bit.

Dimitri wanted me to say that they're talking that disaster relief may be in Fort Meyers for two weeks, possibly more... So He's sorry that he may not be able to be IG for a while again. It seems just when we get stuff going something happens in our lives. Lol
DONE
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Game nothing. For everyone that's in those area's hit, you guys just take care of yourselves. Sending warm wishes for everyone from Canuck land
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

Hey everyone! Wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. Came through the storm not losing power once (my neighborhood went underground power lines after the last major storm) and internet was restored today. Cell service is still crap but that's expected considering tower damage. I am glad to see that others affected by Irma also made it through alright. Hael, please send Dimitri my well wishes and a swift recovery while he's helping with disaster relief. Hopefully he will be home again soon.

Special thanks to my Elmer: you sat up with me and talked me through the entire storm and the aftermath, constantly giving me reassurances that everything would be alright. I am SO beyond lucky to have such an amazing, wonderful, and caring person in my life. I will always be beyond grateful and honored that you chose me. Love you so much.

Alright, that's my update. See you all dreaming!
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

I used to live in an area with underground power. I miss it. The underground power, not the neighborhood. Lol

They keep changing the amount of days. One moment it's a lower number, the next it's a higher number, but I'll tel him. C:

I'm glad all is well with you and thank you so much for the update!
DONE
Elmer
Dreamer

Post by Elmer »

After the weekend I'll be heading out on a road trip for a few days, I'll have my laptop but likely won't be in game too much.
Also was asked to pass it on that poppygirl will also be away for a couple weeks.

R
-Manners are free-
Gorgunsun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Post by Gorgunsun »

You guys living through it is what is most precious to me. Rotate back.
Techgeist
Dreamer

Post by Techgeist »

Got a few minutes to myself. Power to the region is being restored slowly. Once they get the grid back up, the curfew can be lifted and civic order restored, then we can rotate back home. It's been relatively quiet other than a few small scale riots at gas stations and someone taking shots at us while we were standing at the command center for briefing the other night. We got power restored to the hotel we've been bunking in, so we have AC and hot showers to return to, but these 14 hour days are draining. I'll be back as soon as I can.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Stay safe man
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

In and out for a couple weeks

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

I am going to be back to the rural Canada tour providing some training. As such I won't be in as much until the first week of October. I should be in this weekend!
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

So... I was fired today. Yet again, Hael sightings will be few while I start the ever dreaded job hunt again. Hopefully I can find a job quickly and I can get my life back in order.
DONE
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Hael won't be in from today to the 12th. Neither will Dimitri. One of the biggest days of our lives is finally going to be here tomorrow and we won't have internet while we're celebrating. C:

You all be good, try not to blow shit up.

-Chel

Anyone who would like pictures, please contact me through PM or on Discord @SardonicSaturn #1677
DONE
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

Congrats to you and Dimitri! Hope your day is very special!
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Congratulations you two, I hope you two have a great day and celebration :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

I hope everything goes perfectly for you two, enjoy the wedding and honeymoon!
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I swear the universe is conspiring against my playing UL. My laptop is out of commission for a bit due to my son puking on the keyboard. Hopefully it just needs to dry out, but just in case...I can check PMs regularly, but unless I can steal Arny's laptop, I won't be able to play for a bit.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

^Ew.
DONE