Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Absence Board

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Re: Absence Board

Post by Butterfly »

Offy, this is becoming a habit. Do we need to stage an intervention?
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I'd like to go on a rural tour of western Canada...but I'd end up hiding out in some basement in Whitehorse until I got deported, so maybe that's not such a good idea.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

Alrighty, posting here yet again. For the next week I have a few more hours tacked on to my regular shift at work, so I have to wake up at the asscrack of dawn to get ready to go to work and then get home when it's dark. No fun. So since I'm still having random bouts of symptoms from my numero uno health concern, I'm just going to assume that this week is going to be hell and just try to take it easy. I should be back in business Saturday night. C:
DONE
Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

Take it easy Hael, see you in a week!
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Last one, I swear...

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

[*]headed out of town this week from Wednesday to Sunday, back Monday.
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

enjoy it offy, because you're soon... ohhh so soon now.... to be face to face with the perfect storm of a task report. Forged in a sea of self doubt and angst..... tempered with the unforgiving brutality of infinite regret. All of that topped with the most frightened looking cherry you've ever seen in your entire dream.. or something.

Just ummm ... get your affairs in order beforehand is all i'm saying.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

That moment when you realize the internet connection on your Trans-Atlantic flight is better than the one you had in the hotel for the last week..... :!: :?: :!: :cry:
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

:lol:
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

I had a rather unfortunate incident happen at work today and will not be around for an unknown amount of time while my investigation gets started and my life can turn back to normal. I'm so sorry for my constant absences as of late.
Edit: This is looking super ugly at work... One accident has been blown up so much that, quite frankly, I'm terrified. There's a possibility that I won't be back for some time, so I'm going to make the best of it.
Last edited by Pheasant on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DONE
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Deepest apologies, just as I thought things should be getting back to normal, everything fell apart at work...just getting off shift now, hopefully this isn't going to be a thing.
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

So, as to avoid a long list of constant apologies, we are working on a large rollout project at work and I'm running lead on it. What that means, as you've all seen recently, I've been about less, dreaming later and waking earlier. With this project either everything goes swimmingly....or it doesn't. More often than not, it doesn't. I'm working 12-14 hours a day, six days a week and unless our success rate improves drastically, this project will run through October or so. I will do everything I can to be around as much as I can and to make scheduled events whenever possible, but please don't count on my presence at any given time. By the time I get to logging in, I'm already mostly spent, so while I'm glad to assist where I can, this project is a huge opportunity for me professionally. Just to clarify, I'm not leaving game, but Uthy won't be stable enough to take the drivers seat on much of anything.
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Good luck with the project, and don't worry about taking the drivers seat thing. I just hope you can get some sleep one of these nights :P
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

Well, it's been a difficult first month at my new job, I am tired beyond words, and certainly can't stay up long enough to log in at any interesting time... thus, I've been mostly away, logging in every few often to check the Mission Board, but I guess that's it... I don't see any kind of meaningful presence working out for me anymore, not in this timezone and with this schedule. Real life comes first.

To complicate things further, my laptop's in repair for something like two and a half weeks (time to order part), so I don't always have access to a PC to run the game.
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Ouch, sorry to hear that Inzoum. Take care of yourself and good luck with everything, we'll take what we can get :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
fancypearl
PTR Tester (Rank 3)
Character Name(s): Stormy

Post by fancypearl »

In process of moving, stormy's going to be awol for a while:P
Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

Impending schedule change as my oldest begins soccer. More details to follow.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I have been having a lot of internet problems for over a week now. Jade may continue to be scarce until I get things sorted out.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

Ubersuckage Jade!
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

In and out for the next three weeks as I have a lot on my plate with work, kids and another (live-action) game I play. I come in an check the boards and can be PM'd.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

Surgery on the 12th. I'm not sure how much playing I will get in while recovering with my mother visiting.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

I most likely wont be around from the 10th-14th as I'll be closing on a house and need to move all my crap there as well as starting a new job soon. I don't have an exact start date for that, but the job is a bit of a commute and ends at 9Pm Monday-Friday. I'm not sure how this will effect my ability to be IG. We'll just have to wait and see.C:
DONE
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

Ok ok ok ok... I'm not dead...yet!

I hate making posts like this, because it just spoils the mystery of Lacie, but I believe I need to this ~one~ time.

I wanted to apologize to my students for my recent absense. I will be back this weekend *fingers crossed*, so get those reports ready!

Suffice it to say, I'm ~not~ 30 years old...hell, I can hardly remember 30. I started playing UL ... well, later than that. As a FORMER smoker, I have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder). So, ok, that's like saying Lacie is a DreamSeer who can't catch her breath. Stop laughing!!!! :P

Because of this, I've been a bit under the weather... ok, Spring in Alabama means ~everything~ is in bloom. I love it... but my lungs are giving me fits because of it.

So why am I telling you all this?

#1. I'll be in the City this weekend. Meds are kicking in and I'm better.

#2. For the love of AIR, stop smoking! I switched to e-cigs and the doctors say it prolly saved my life.

#3. If you think you're smarter than me and think you can keep smoking, perform this simple experiment: take a belt and strap it around your ribcage, let a breath out and tighten the belt. Then... ~try~ to inhale. That's what COPD feels like.

Bah... like I said... I hate posts like this... and will be back full-strength this weekend.

Love ye all....

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

-Lacie- wrote:Ok ok ok ok... I'm not dead...yet!

I hate making posts like this, because it just spoils the mystery of Lacie, but I believe I need to this ~one~ time.

I wanted to apologize to my students for my recent absense. I will be back this weekend *fingers crossed*, so get those reports ready!

Suffice it to say, I'm ~not~ 30 years old...hell, I can hardly remember 30. I started playing UL ... well, later than that. As a FORMER smoker, I have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder). So, ok, that's like saying Lacie is a DreamSeer who can't catch her breath. Stop laughing!!!! :P

Because of this, I've been a bit under the weather... ok, Spring in Alabama means ~everything~ is in bloom. I love it... but my lungs are giving me fits because of it.

So why am I telling you all this?

#1. I'll be in the City this weekend. Meds are kicking in and I'm better.

#2. For the love of AIR, stop smoking! I switched to e-cigs and the doctors say it prolly saved my life.

#3. If you think you're smarter than me and think you can keep smoking, perform this simple experiment: take a belt and strap it around your ribcage, let a breath out and tighten the belt. Then... ~try~ to inhale. That's what COPD feels like.

Bah... like I said... I hate posts like this... and will be back full-strength this weekend.

Love ye all....

~Lacie~
Yay! Glad you are feeling better! We were concerned and were thinking of you.

H
Butterfly
Dreamer

Post by Butterfly »

Surgery went well and I seem to be recovering normally. Sadly, no game play until the maternal unit returns to her ship :(
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Hammen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Hammen

Post by Hammen »

Butterfly wrote:Surgery went well and I seem to be recovering normally. Sadly, no game play until the maternal unit returns to her ship :(
Good to hear. Rest up and get well.

H