Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Apologies

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Apologies

Post by Koi-Wish »

Community,

When a high ranking membership of our team quit, he did so with the intent to horribly hurt the community. He took down clashofdreams.com and also as it appears shared very private character logs with other players in the community. This is not acceptable and absolutely was done to cause the community pain. I do not wish to discuss it any further.

I know there are a number of folks upset, a number of them hurt. All I can do is apologize, truly I am sorry.

Access to these private logs is extremely limited, and still is. One can only begin to guess the mentality of someone who would do such things for nothing more then to cause drama and pain.

I am sorry. I really am.

Brian Clementoni
Koi-Drama
Founder

Re: Apologies

Post by Koi-Drama »

Dreamers,

In recent days, it has come to our attention that there has been an utter breach of security and privacy within our community. We would like to emphasize that we place the utmost urgency and priority on privacy and confidentiality. As a result, there has been an unfortunate incident involving several members of the community and a former member of the GM Staff.

As a team, we do our best to keep the game moving through day to day operations. It may sound rather simple, however, there is a lot that goes into this project that many may take for granted. Our GameMasters are granted access to fulfill several functions on the team which ranges from keeping the entire server and network flowing smoothly to prevent security attacks on our severs, from reading and classifying correspondence to developing on-going story-lines and interacting with players in-game. To that end, only a handful of GMs are granted permission to our highest tier of access which includes our database, forum moderation, and master logs.

One of those individuals recently 'retired' from the community in which we understood to be an amicable dissolution of volunteerism. We recently discovered that was not the case and a rather considerable breach confidentiality had occurred prior to their departure for reasons that are still beyond our comprehension. We cannot extend our deepest apologies far enough to make amends and the turmoil it has caused certain members of our community.

Furthermore, we cannot even attempt to grasp the maliciousness of the participants as they weave a web of pain and sorrow and frankly, cyber-bullying. We have zero-tolerance for that kind of behavior. We have begun an investigation into the matter and we are dealing with several elements of this issue.

Our producer, Wish (Brian C.) has felt an intense level of sadness for the actions of a former high-tier GM. He, along with the Koi-Team have begun to take a stand in this matter and we will continue to address this matter to the fullest extent of our collective abilities. I will not discuss the contents of the logs nor the effected parties as the drama must stop here.

Players are free to hold consensual conversations in private but they must understand that every single keystroke a player performs in the game is recorded and documented in a extensive log. This means, every sentence, every word, and every 'emote' is logged. Please be mindful that our game is meant to stay in-character in-game at all times. Therefore, it is not intended to facilitate personal "OUT OF CHARACTER" conversations. Remember, everything is electronically recorded.

Also, please remember and keep in mind two of our golden rules....

The Second Rule "Respect Others"
Keep your behavior appropriate at all times. If your language or behavior repeatedly annoys or offends others, you will be banned from playing. We place no limits on the use of language. Consenting adults are free to engage in any language or behavior they mutually agree to. Inappropriate behavior includes attacking other players without a valid 'in game reason', using unnecessarily offensive language, annoying others with out of character chat, excessive begging, etc.

The Third Rule "Stay in Character"
Underlight is a true Role Playing game. Upon entering the City of Dreams, you have to always remember you are pretending to be your character and leave the outside life of the real world behind. Your character would have no way of knowing sports scores or the latest in music or fashion. So, to protect the environment that all role players are striving for, please leave the real world chat outside. If you must communicate of real world things, please do so in whispers as to not offend anyone and protect the active role playing that is going on around your character.

If these two rules had been observed by members of our community and instead utilize other methods of communication such as Facebook, Skype, or other countless methods of social media/apps to discuss such intimate and personal matters, the entire incident could have been avoided entirely.

However, when a player goes above and beyond to inflict pain on their fellow players and is supported by other players to that end, we will take action. Those players will no longer be welcomed to participate in our official channels and/or mediums, including the loss of game privileges (i.e. account wide character terminations, IP banning).

As of this posting, the primary offender has been dealt with accordingly and further penalties will be enforced for this most unfortunate and regrettable incident. We will take this as a learning experience and restrict access as necessary although we can never predict how individuals will react in any position of trust and authority. We humbly apologize and will endeavor to make every effort to correct this situation with dispatch.

If you have any questions and concerns about this matter, please email us at: abuse@underlight.com

Respectfully,

Koi-Drama
Managing Director
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”