Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Fireside Discussion 2/3/2024

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Fireside Discussion 2/3/2024

Post by Koi-Cricket »

21:11:47: Koi-Cryptic: We can start this party off by discussing the state of the houses.
21:14:01: Koi-Cryptic: We are working to plan out a whole new dreamscape, much like the 100 year jump that we did previously. The idea behind this is primarily to refresh things across the game and hopefully generate some new stories for everyone to RP and
21:14:03: Koi-Cryptic: participate in.
21:14:05: Koi-Cryptic: This time will be a little different than last. We won't be rolling out all player driven houses, or all GM driven houses. There will be a mix of those and the houses we don't use will be repurposed for other things that are not typical
21:15:45: Koi-Cryptic: your classic house format.
21:15:50: Koi-Cryptic: I did want to gauge the interest of the player base some in terms of conflict. I know it has been a touchy subject for some and that not everyone always seems to be on the same page with it.
21:17:23: Koi-Cryptic: Conflict is typically generated in a few ways. Between players it's usually politics/beliefs clashing or all out war clashing. Then there's also conflict between GMs and Players. Like antagonists or the darkmares that we play.
21:19:17: Athena: i love conflict, but i don't like taking on things that will one shot me due to over powered talisman
21:20:12: Koi-Cryptic: The highest damage chakram possible is 10-99 damage, and GMs shouldn't be using those. That's about the only chance of someone who's 8th or 9th sphere getting one-shotted.
21:21:17: Athena: well, it's not just that
21:21:44: Koi-Cryptic: Unless you're taking shots from multiple people at once, then that's different. lol
21:21:47: Athena: infinite charges, +50 elemens
21:22:11: Athena: stuff like that
21:22:15: Athena: yeah with that i understand lol
21:22:27: Jawsman: I'm wondering if the KoeS armory that I accidentally raided once was an accurate representation of the chaks normally used by kotoken
21:22:46: Koi-Cryptic: What I wanted to gauge is kind of where every was at with the whole conflict issue. Is there any interest in players conflicting with players, or does the majority just want to conflict with GMs?
21:22:51: Koi-Cryptic: Darkmares don't use chakrams.
21:23:08: Koi-Diligent: The Darkmares don't use chakrams
21:23:17: Koi-Diligent: We just use the same thing the player mares have.
21:23:21: Koi-Cryptic: Those are chakrams that I made and stored there for us to drop on our DMs after fights for players to pick up.
21:23:27: Athena: yeah they can use elemens alts etc, but i don't think chaks
21:23:32: Jawsman: Ahh.
21:23:33: Windsong: I enjoy conflict between players, personally, but I go back to the time when houses warred regularly over their beliefs.
21:23:53: Jawsman: Cryptic, I think the bigger issue is that many dreamers don't want to be involved in conflict involuntarily
21:23:55: Koi-Diligent: Yeah we carry a lot of items to drop after.
21:23:56: Brother Timothy: personally I find the "threat to the dream of the month" RP's boring
21:24:08: Koi-Cryptic: We can use chaks, but it's a pain in the ass. We have to actually double click them like any other item. We can't just select items on our Darkmares and hit our "use" key like on a dreamer character.
21:24:10: Hrrum: I enjoy conflict between players, but not in a way track and destroy. When its party against party.
21:24:32: Athena: brother tim, you would be happy with having tea parties all the time! lol
21:24:49: Myridian Sun: The city is always its strongest when their are belief based conflict, i will admit a full year player led war of 4 houses vs 1 is a bit mch lol.
21:24:50: Lexi Rainforthe: I preffer my conflict to be free range. Whatever works so long as its not a constant bloodbath.
21:25:01: Jawsman: I think that's when someone left the left portal open at KoeS and I just happened to see that left portal was open to the chimeric room that leads to the armories,etc. It was never said if that was intentional
21:25:03: Jawsman: the war hall room, or whatever you call it
21:25:21: Brother Timothy: they follow the same RP path over and over and over again
21:25:30: You Say: Darkmares do not use chakrams. Jaws. We have auto power much like Flame. The KoEs held items that were given to players.
21:25:46: Jawsman: Duly noted.
21:25:56: Athena: conflict is good to have, as long as it isn't over done
21:25:57: Athena: i really like the darkmare nights
21:26:27: Myridian Sun: regardless of house conflict or an over arching RP, maren offensives tend to draw more of us in.
21:26:36: Athena: it's not constant, it gives us time to get items etc
21:26:49: You Say: Well. What about conflict between player houses? How do you guys feel about those?
21:27:05: Kos Amroth: can players be darkmares
21:27:05: Koi-Cryptic: Players can use Pmares
21:27:15: Athena: no kos only gm's
21:27:17: Hrrum: ether someone like it or doesnt like conflict, i dont think it should be regulated or some brakes for it created.
21:27:21: Koi-Diligent: You can be player mares.
21:27:25: Lexi Rainforthe: Sounds good if it fits.
21:27:26: You Say: We do not plan to bring out Seneshals this go around. So it would be player against player
21:27:30: Jawsman: I'm generally open to player house versus player house conflict.
21:27:31: Athena: oh right, you have to have a gm get you set up with the daymares
21:27:37: Belom: Use RP can buy you Pmare time.
21:27:38: Myridian Sun: House conflict is needed.
21:27:40: Koi-Diligent: We will talk about player mares later though
21:27:43: Windsong: Player house conflicts can be quite fun
21:27:50: Belom: I used to play one.. haven't in a long time
21:27:51: Sadara: I dont mind conflict, only when it makes sense. The only issue I see is that the community is rather small and if having a bad conflict would cause some to lessen in playing.
21:27:55: Kos Amroth: I will play a p mare
21:28:06: Athena: i am going back to dol against hc, that was over done
21:28:15: Athena: went on forever
21:28:21: You Say: If anyone wants pmare time, just sent in a RP report to hook you up
21:28:26: Koi-Diligent: You don't have to use RP points to get player mare time. You just have to ask we'll give you some.

21:28:26: Jawsman: Cricket, the issue I have with that is that you all were trying to introduce Lady Calenture. I mean, you couldn't have a single dreamer from Calenture's past that is more significant than any other.
21:28:53: You Say: Even though you may not have Seneshals, doesn't mean that you may not get visited by dreamers of the past
21:29:27: Koi-Nyx: What about antihero's as conflict?
21:30:02: Myridian Sun: i mean thats kelos tag line "dreamer from the past"
21:30:06: Lexi Rainforthe: I agree with Sadara. So long as the rp is consistent and it makes sense. it should be fine. but, my only concern about that is justification just for the sake of war or murder or something.
21:30:13: Hrrum: love anti hero content
21:30:19: Brother Timothy: like the jade/ironies thing?
21:30:25: Koi-Cryptic: Leonard and Bastion will still be handling house matters, so if you need help with supports and stuff for making Rulers and what not or house arts, you can still request them and they can assist with that.
21:30:32: Jawsman: I am open to the return of Eldryck Venym, but I am probably in the minority
21:30:35: Athena: yep, you are lol
21:33:18: Jawsman: I mean, not in in terms of changing your crest
21:33:37: Belom: Will these changes have ... big efects on our individual characters as they stand currently?
21:33:38: Jawsman: Or mine...
21:35:39: Kos Amroth: are these new changes to the game
21:35:45: Athena: yeah kos
21:36:06: Koi-Cryptic: Belom, without giving out too much information at this point, the short answer is no. The changes we make won't really have an impact on anything currently happening. So if you're tasked about something, the task can still apply.
21:36:21: Belom: Very good.
21:36:43: Belom: Thank you for the response.

21:38:27: North: Are these changes being rolled out with the Patch or before?
21:38:54: Koi-Cryptic: With the patch.
21:39:09: You Say: We are going to have several options in regards to houses. There is going to be something for everyone. I cannot see anyone not being able to fit in/find something that their character can get in to or relate to
21:40:45: You Say: I will say that every single house will have some sort of purpose. But maybe not in the typical house format.
21:41:24: Stellaris: That would be my favorate house, for pure chaosness of it
21:41:46: You Say: But we did want to guage about conflict because that's one important factor to consider when bringing in the traditional houses for you guys.

21:43:10: You Say: Did anyone have any questions in regards to houses? Our next topic will be teaching, then roleplay and we will top it off with dev.
21:43:14: Liolira: I just wanna know if Jade is blowing up the Pallisades to bring us 100 years forward
21:43:38: >Liolira smirks
21:43:40: Belom: You mentioned that not all houses will be active...
21:43:42: Hrrum: if we resetting houses, can we go out with a bang? massive conflict or something?
21:43:44: Belom: But each will have a purpose.. .
21:43:51: You Say: No but someone else might be :D
21:43:58: >Liolira cheers
21:44:04: Belom: who decides the purpose?
21:44:05: Myridian Sun: why did cricket look at me when she said that?
21:44:18: Hrrum: could we continue "beliving" in wha t we belive now. Dream changing around us but dreamers dont.
21:44:19: You Say: We can do whatever you guys want to. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.
21:44:20: Brother Timothy: we have a house with bashir worshipers, lets bring him back and distroy the city
21:44:24: Hrrum: or do we have to find a middle ground and also change how our chars act?
21:44:37: Koi-Cryptic: Belom, we'll be giving the houses a purpose for the roll out of the patch.
21:44:53: Stellaris: Hey, only like half of us are Bashir worshipers, but i'd still be willing to blow every house up!
21:45:11: Myridian Sun: Im assuming renaming will happen, giving the house purpose in the name?
21:45:42: Belom: Are you modifying any of the graphics within the houses?
21:45:45: Koi-Cryptic: So yes and no...
21:46:06: Belom: or ... adding rooms .. so to speak..
21:46:28: You Say: In regards to Hrrums question. After the patch and when we return, our characters will know a significantly difference from when they dreamed before. I think it will be easy for you guys to roleplay it
21:46:28: Koi-Cryptic: Due to technical limitations, I cannot really change the overall look and feel of the houses. The textures are set in stone. I can change everything to make it physically look different and apply the same textures in different areas.
21:47:06: Koi-Cryptic: However...
21:47:08: Koi-Serenity: Your characters are free to believe whatever they like to believe, no matter what houses are active. Freespirit is always an option, but we do prefer to see the houses filled as houses keep the city going.
21:47:20: Koi-Cryptic: At the end of the day, HC would still -look- like HC as far as color scheme goes.
21:47:25: Koi-Cryptic: Or PoR
21:47:28: Koi-Cryptic: Or GoE
21:48:12: Koi-Cryptic: There will be some changes to the houses though. Not every single house will be updated in a very noticeable way, but some of the houses will be noticeably different.

21:48:39: Jawsman: I did have a significant question. Originally, this patch was mainly supposed to be about personal faults. How did it come about that you'd make more significant changes?
21:48:41: Athena: i accidently used push, so i said "doh"
21:48:42: Jawsman: *vaults
21:49:13: Koi-Spirit: anticipation is wonderful....all shall be revealed
21:49:51: Koi-Nyx: I mean if we could patch personal faults ... that would be a real money maker there
21:50:27: You Say: A conversation came up both in discord and with the team about it at first..
21:50:33: Koi-Cryptic: We decided that it would be a good opportunity to switch things up. With the changes coming to the code and some level edits I had planned, it just sorta turned into more.
21:51:57: You Say: Ideas kept growing, more things kept going into the patch and so we knew that we needed to have a roleplay to back up these changes.

21:52:11: Kayasisis: As a role player, I'm mostly just interested in anything that induces me to think and act like the char I play. Conflict, puzzles, ambushes or unfairness in life, true-life dilemmas or current dream-issues aid me in developing and refining my char. Anything that humans need to contend with in order to grow. Also, cultivation of player's characters by GMs toward both super-evil and super-saintly figures in the dream is a suggestion for something I'd like to see. While I've seen cultiva
21:52:29: Kayasisis: While I've seen cultivation of evil in dreams, I don't think I've ever seen the opposite, and that could be a basis for enhanced conflict between the two.
21:52:55: Kayasisis: After all, one faction's view of good is evil to another faction.
21:54:10: Kayasisis: So don't worry about orbits and pull out the stops and just rp.
21:54:57: Koi-Cryptic: Kayasisis, our goal is to promote more RP interaction to allow everyone to grow their characters. Our biggest desire is to see the players push forward with their stories and what they feel is relevant to the environment and setting we
21:55:15: Koi-Cryptic: provide.

21:52:50: Liolira: Cricket mentioned we had access to some SOT FIles...have we been able to access the level builds we had before it closed down yet?
21:55:13: You Say: Lio: Maybe. :) There was some interesting things that we found and so you may see something familar implemented.

21:55:24: North: The RP interactions just always feel so damn forced
21:55:58: North: I think Sirus has been the only one recently I have not seen that with
21:56:17: Koi-Serenity: In what way, North?
21:56:21: North: What way? Cova...Eldryck....Nightstalkers
21:57:34: North: The Bashir thing feels very organic which I like
21:58:35: Koi-Serenity: Those haven't been in the game in many years.Those stories were led by people that are no longer on the team or inactive. The current team is focused on generating organic stories that will allow players to interact as they like
21:58:43: Koi-Serenity: Without forcing anything.
22:00:30: Koi-Serenity: That is one of the topics I was planning to touch on is player-lead RPs. With this new city change, we'll be pushing more for less GM involvement and more for players taking the reigns, so to speak.
22:00:49: Myridian Sun: I can see that North. But I will say, sometimes we need a dreamwide forced RP. dreamers get complacent and bored.
22:00:50: Myridian Sun: then leave.
22:01:01: >Myridian Sun shrugs
22:01:03: Athena: yep myri

22:01:17: Sadara: Something I have noticed is that there are several RPs from the past that have not been fully completed or have loose ends as well.
22:01:31: Jawsman: I second what Sadara is saying
22:01:50: Belom: I recently returned to this variant and although I have not seen a lot of roleplaying / gm interaction ... i have seen some and I felt empowered to interact and play a role..
22:01:58: Belom: i agree with Sadara as well.. it seems like .. things just happen and then .. stagnant for too long..
22:02:20: Athena: last i knew, i had to lower jade to initiate and then didn't see her again!
22:03:36: Koi-Serenity: That is usually due to team members coming and going, so a RP will fizzle out. We usually don't take over a past member's RP unless it is a major dream-changing RP.
22:03:40: Koi-Serenity: Jade and Ironies are player characters.
22:04:13: Koi-Serenity: They can come and go whenever they please.
22:04:29: Sadara: When it comes to the Bashir as North was saying since Sirus is handling it can go on as long as Sirus is playing or if someone wants to kinda pick it up. I find that Bashir is interesting and is fun, maybe something similar in a citywide
22:04:46: Sadara: Manner. For example the Lower Palisdes and Coven of Echt still is a loose thread.
22:05:10: Jawsman: Sadara, to be fair, I haven't seen any members of Echten in the dream since the "reawakening"...but I was curious as to what happened to them...
22:05:22: Belom: It wasn't so easy to get Lio.. but I got that.
22:05:51: Sadara: Well thats the thing they are seperate. The Coven of Echt from what I recall are like hooded human people.
22:06:02: Jawsman: And to be fair, Acropolis has a huge empty library, too. Like...there's also an Armory in Acropolis that no one has ever seen.
22:06:04: You Say: I remember back in the day, I did not even know who GM characters were, or rarely seen any. The houses pushed the stories hard. I know we do not have as many players as back then so it is harder, but it can be done.
22:07:01: Koi-Serenity: That is one of the many reasons why we have planned a big change on the major storyline. We recognize there are several loose end RPs from the past that can't all be tied up due to the controllers no longer being on the team.
22:07:23: Jawsman: Whoever is controlling Meredith? Keep it up, because I sort of like Meredith being this abandoned member of the lizard house doing his own chaotic thing
22:07:35: Koi-Spirit: time portals...they cause such problems
22:07:49: Koi-Serenity: We want to start things fresh with the focus being geared toward Houses again as they originally were and still should be. This is a game where the players control the story. Gamemasters are here to support and guide as needed.

22:07:59: Koi-Nyx: 18/f/cali like long walks on the beach, smell of summer rain..
22:08:14: >Koi-Nyx laughs

22:09:21: Koi-Serenity: We have a lot of fun ideas in store for you all. Some are known concepts in other RPGs that will be introduced into UL with our own twist. One of them being using Random to implement a damage modifier like dice used in DnD style games.
22:09:26: Koi-Serenity: This will be used for a roleplay-based battle, instead of using actual weapons.
22:09:37: Nathan: Mmm, I don't know how I feel about that.
22:10:10: Koi-Serenity: Hopefully this will be a fun option for everyone, especially those that do not like regular combat.
22:10:11: Stellaris: I was actually thinking of hosting a kind of duel event where random decides who hits each strike
22:10:11: Windsong: I love the idea of RP based battle!
22:10:55: Koi-Diligent: Yeah it'd be good for those that physically can't fight for one reason or another. It'd be based on rp and not twitch reflex
22:11:33: Hrrum: I would love if players could use Rp points to cast raw emotes. lets say 30 points for one. With some rules of what you can and cant do with it.
22:11:37: Windsong: I assume those who want to do twitch combat still can, but it'll help those of us who suck at it.
22:11:38: Belom: I like the sound of it though.
22:11:40: Koi-Serenity: No it definitely does not. It will be something new, it will not replace normal combat.
22:11:57: Koi-Cryptic: I do have plans to reinvent the DCA in a sense. It won't be in this patch, but it will be in a future patch.
22:11:57: Kos Amroth: you can sdo a spell with a random roll
22:12:04: Athena: i still win!
22:12:09: Kos Amroth: and it could hit hard or soft
22:12:13: Nathan: Except, RP ideas and projects especially ones who put a lot of time into them should be acknowledged and used better than combat.
22:12:20: You Say: This is a spoiler and will not be ready by this patch. But Cryptic is building a huge arena. Blue side and Red side, where team battles for idivduals or houses.
22:12:22: >Stellaris spins her staff around, drawing a circle around herself, she points it at Sadara, "Head the call of a thousand small cuts via the stars above!"
22:12:23: Stellaris pulls 29 from the Chaos
22:12:29: Kelos: the dreamers cup...what memories
22:12:42: Nathan: Like, if the Temple does a ritual against a big bad and it does work.
22:13:04: Koi-Serenity: What I envision is a player will toss out an emote followed with a random roll to give that emote a damage amount.
22:13:09: Koi-Nyx pulls 76 from the Chaos
22:13:16: Nathan: Just randoming sounds awkward and weird. And I play DnD every week. The systems dont really mesh.
22:13:34: Belom: Ah, the Eternal Battleground it were called in my day.
22:13:35: Liolira: I aplay a card that triples the damage to that random roll
22:13:44: Koi-Spirit: all that chaos
22:13:46: >Sadara smirks at Stella and spins quickly equipping her spellbook as it flips open and sigils appear around Stella, "Aracanuim Everoisia!"
22:13:49: >Hrrum or like Hrrum casts lighting bolt+2 with randome turning it in to =8?
22:13:52: Koi-Serenity: This will be introduced with a new guild focused on fighting creatures for boss battles. Not fighting players or GMs.
22:13:52: Sadara pulls 86 from the Chaos
22:13:53: Belom: 420!
22:13:54: >Liolira slams down the three headed snake
22:13:56: Hrrum: love magic of the gathering
22:15:28: Kos Amroth: serenety maybe you could turn the art random into that spell and let it target a player

22:15:36: Koi-Serenity: I'd like to go over the poll results and get some more feedback from you all. I see "more villains" has one of the higher votes, but that has been a very controversial topic.
22:15:42: Koi-Serenity: I'd like to hear from you all what you like and don't like about GM villains.
22:15:58: Jawsman: More villains but not Eldryck and apparently not Bashir either. Pick one.
22:16:03: Nathan: Villains are fine as long as they arent invulnerable all the time and impossible to RP with.
22:16:09: Sadara: Absolutely more Bashir!
22:16:17: >Liolira points to Nathan
22:16:17: Liolira: I concur
22:16:25: >Athena points to nathan!
22:16:30: Athena: exactly nathan!
22:16:38: Brother Timothy: GM villans typically seem to be two dimentional cartoons
22:16:39: Nathan: yeah no more boyfriend girlfrined is my only weaknees type of deal.
22:16:49: Athena: lol
22:17:26: Sadara: Eldryck would be an interesting conflict for Sadara since they are siblings but thats the only conflict really... just be me freaking out about Eldryck tickling the City Heart or something
22:17:29: >Liolira pulls out her stick
22:17:32: Liolira: no?
22:17:34: You Say: We don't play invulnerable while in battle. Ever. We do not use op items. It just doesn't happen. It may have in the past but from the GMs you see standing here, it will not happen.
22:19:27: Athena: thank you crickers

22:17:52: Koi-Diligent: Are there any past villians that you can think of that you enjoyed past and present?
22:18:09: Sadara: Those Golden Warrior Bastards
22:18:10: Stellaris: Quick everyone chak them, they arnt un-collaspable!
22:18:15: Myridian Sun: Asmodan, iden, tehthu (however you spell that)
22:18:28: Koi-Diligent: Golden warriors?
22:18:39: Windsong: Pulling out the old names, Myr :)
22:18:45: >Myridian Sun chuckles
22:18:53: Sadara: Jerusalis?
22:19:12: Sadara: I think that was the name of one of them
22:19:18: Hrrum: i loved eldryck when hrrum and eldryck were walking on a road and none of us would allow others to pass and offer to alow another one to walk on a road. we were fighting for like 40 minutes...staying on a road path. things like that I
22:19:29: Myridian Sun: I loved the tehthu rp. big scary dark, marren offiences. dream made sense lol
22:19:31: Hrrum: enjoy in a game

22:19:33: Liolira: is there anyway to define time caps on majaor GM RPS once you all get the new things implemented so things dont go stagnant?
22:20:50: You Say: Yeah. I'll personally apologize for the El-Jinar thing going stagnant. That was my bad. That was only meant to be a one night roleplay, but it just did not have that cap that Lio mentioned. I'll do better
22:20:51: Belom: several times the other day.
22:20:51: >Liolira throws a marshmellow at Cricket
22:21:13: Sadara: I appreciate that Cricket
22:21:48: Jawsman: I thought the El-Jinar thing had legs to go for several events, Cricket. I actually enjoyed it because there was a lot of Hogbone action that led up to it
22:22:00: Koi-Serenity: With all things, real life sometimes gets in the way of RPs falling stagnant. It is our hope to keep things on track and not last longer than intended.
22:22:01: Jawsman: With the whole dragging around tombstones
22:22:06: Liolira: leave my titmouse alone from SOT....Pazin dreamquakes that to my clevage
22:22:12: >Sadara laughs
22:22:29: You Say: It did. But I control two other DMs, and another GM that is in game about four days a week, a seneshal. Sometimes we try and do too much and we end up messing up or losing focus on something else.
22:22:53: Koi-Copyright: let me also add something, just because we start and head an RP does not mean we need to finish it, you have tools as players report features to pick up and take command
22:23:01: Belom: f'ing recall.
22:23:37: You Say: True. Roleplay props can be a good thing for you to use.
22:23:38: Koi-Serenity: At the end of the day, we are players just like all of you. We just have more tools and lot more responsibility that can wear us out at times.

22:24:26: Belom: how many gms actually work in supporting character rps? teachers/senechals elders..etc?
22:24:47: Koi-Copyright: that number can change but we have enough to support the city as its needed
22:25:22: Liolira: I would say 3/4's of the volunteer staff have some gm that interacts along the lines in a story
22:25:24: Koi-Serenity: This current team is the smallest the game has had in a while.
22:25:31: >Koi-Copyright nods to serenity
22:25:50: Koi-Copyright: but the most cohesive
22:26:00: Belom: a strong team that works together is good
22:26:24: Windsong: Definitely. Cohesion matters.
22:26:33: Koi-Serenity: As Copyright said, some RPs are introduced to give the players something to work on. We would like to see more involvement on the playerside.
22:26:37: Koi-Serenity: Before we move onto the next topic, is there anything RP-wise you all would like to see more of?
22:27:28: Belom: As far as rp support requests go.. would you prefer we suggest some general ideas of what we would like to see happen?
22:28:10: Belom: or do you prefer to just go with the flow like we do IC.
22:30:03: Koi-Serenity: Well, Belom. RP support will be changing with the other changes. We're currently ironing the specifics out and that will be announced later on.

22:28:11: Nathan: I came in late. Just a quick question, what is going to happen to houses?
22:29:02: Nathan: Are we restarting houses like the first time skip or are they staying?
22:29:25: Koi-Cryptic: Nathan, they're going to be repurposed in one way or another and things will have a fresh slate as far the houses go.

22:27:42: Hrrum: i would love to see dreamsmith elder who could help forge prime artifacts intyended for a personal or house RP
22:30:06: Koi-Copyright: can I ask a question about the dreamsmith question
22:30:22: Belom: You may ask ...
22:30:34: Hrrum: mm?
22:30:35: Koi-Serenity: You can always suggest ideas to the team through email, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
22:31:16: Koi-Copyright: hrrum mentioned a dreamsmith elder for primes
22:31:40: Myridian Sun: actually in line with what hrrum said. But Id honestly prefer we did free forging. instead. Kintock used to do that as did em'et in SoT. We crafted several high end items, along with primes. required a fair amount of RP. but the
22:31:48: Myridian Sun: gm team forged it and dropped it into our inventory
22:31:57: >Belom whispers something to Nathan
22:32:10: Liolira: so did Pazin and Jayson Grey
22:32:12: >Myridian Sun nods
22:32:19: Athena: kintock sounds familiar
22:32:28: Koi-Copyright: do you as players need a GM in the rp to forge a prime
22:32:32: Liolira: thought thats why you roleplaying support request
22:32:50: Koi-Copyright: short answer yes because its a tool, but thats OOC, in the RP do you need one
22:32:54: Liolira: so the gms knows your item...you are setting to forge as your goal?
22:33:03: Kelos: no
22:33:12: Hrrum: I just think somethings shoudnt be up for an approval. As a char you have a vision what you want to do with your char. how it will benefit the gameplay and you build layers and layers on your idea. But when something uniqe is needed that
22:33:32: Stellaris: I think a GM forger could be a pretty neat idea, allows us to have them help us make different tools, for example i made a staff recently to "help with starglazing" that i tend to put down, but it would be more convient as an artifact so it doesn't vape, plus we could get a cool rp out of just making it
22:33:48: Belom: Is is permitted to roleplay support request a prime 'tool' to use in a role play?
22:33:59: Hrrum: could only come from an elder...and you debied...it kind of toppling whole pyramide of what you were doing before and changes your plans for the future
22:34:03: >Liolira nods
22:34:07: Belom: If we plan to role play it out and such?
22:34:10: Liolira: but if they dont have the support gm it gets sticky
22:34:20: Athena: i have a 90 forge but don't have the fancy things
22:34:30: Koi-Serenity: We do have a GM Forge Master that could help with things, but they wouldn't be "free". Roleplaying would need to be involved.
22:34:31: Jawsman: One thing I am concerned about is house primes...some houses have put in solid effort to have a prime that has, oh, say more than 400k strength in it at this point
22:34:38: Hrrum: but as a player...if something is not happening along my plan, the chages i had to make to make it work...ruins the excitement of the whole thing
22:34:42: Belom: TY Serrenity.
22:34:58: Koi-Cryptic: When you say "prime tool", are you talking about players getting their own house prime type strength storage, or do you just mean an item that cannot be destroyed by a player or taken out of game?
22:36:20: Liolira: that unique item that soldifies the rp....normal forge cant make believble?
22:37:29: Belom: Not something to collect essence.. but something that can ve visibly viewed by others. but is prime and has to be kept in a secure location
22:37:53: Myridian Sun: like the elemental weapons etc
22:38:14: Belom: Not something that has a function persay.
22:38:29: Athena: that was fun, being able to turn heads into...damn what did we do with the heads? you placed it on a pad and it turned into something else....in sot
22:38:51: Belom: but something that could get stolen .. but not likely destroyed. of 'vaped' if you will
22:38:57: Koi-Cryptic: To be honest, an item being "prime" doesn't make it any more fancy or relative in the terms of the RP environment. It's more of a hassle for a player because you can't wake with it, if you storm out you'll drop it. If want to forge tools
22:39:01: Hrrum: for example if as a guardian im doing house events, building story lines on creating something uniqe that drives the rp inside the house and city with a specific outcome. I need the item made for it to work. I need someone to make it
22:39:04: Koi-Copyright: I have to go pass out let me finish by saying teaching has been updated, and more changes updates may happen as the game moves forward, and this team, has more integrity and honor than any of the other teams I have been on. We are aids
22:39:20: Koi-Cryptic: just forging them would be easier. They'd have the same "weight" in an RP sense. I know Nathan uses those needles a lot. Those are just player forged.
22:39:30: Athena: the city would be full of non destroyable stuff!
22:39:39: Hrrum: without questions on why and what for. There should be some trust established with atleast ranked members of the house.
22:39:44: Sadara: Go get some sleep Copyright
22:40:05: >Sadara giggles
22:40:08: Koi-Copyright: thanks stay safe everyone
22:40:16: Nathan: Correct, the needles are player forged.
22:40:23: Koi-Nyx: feel better soon
22:40:23: Liolira: Bye Copy
22:40:42: Belom: I suppose we could just ask fro a redo..
22:41:01: Belom: That works I suppose.
22:41:06: You whisper to Liolira: Good question. I'll get back to you on that. I hadn't though of it
22:41:22: Windsong: Just re-forge it. I've never had an issue with making things on an OOC level that my character is then amazed over ICly and clearly never knew it existed.
22:41:40: You Say: Anyone have any other questions regarding roleplay?
22:42:11: Windsong: That was one way Forge was originally used back in Lyra. You would just go to someone who had it if you needed something special and they would make it for you.
22:42:58: Jawsman: Yes please, I agree with Myridian. I think the GM's had a set agenda
22:43:07: >Kelos nods
22:43:23: Koi-Serenity: Yes. If there isn't anything else RP related, we will be moving on.
22:43:23: Koi-Cryptic: I don't personally have a problem forging an item that can't vape for a player. I just don't want you as players to feel like if an item isn't "prime" it's not important or valid.
22:44:23: Koi-Serenity: What Cryptic said. Player forged items can be just as legitimate as a GM forged.

22:45:36: North: What is happening with missions?
22:46:30: Athena: i actually worked on one today!!!!
22:46:55: You Say: After the patch?
22:46:55: North: Yes after the patch
22:47:25: You Say: We are going to have a special place for teachers and MT's. Mostly MTs. It is going to be connected to the teaching guild. Players and MT's can still do missions as they please. I am leaning towards MT's doing the ranked reward token
22:48:40: Sadara: Whats happening with the Pip system after the patch?
22:49:21: North: Ranked reward token?
22:49:42: You Say: missions. Grandma is retired from them for the time being. Not sure if she will pick those back up or not. But for the most part they are staying the same.
22:49:55: Koi-Cryptic: Cricket just means that she's leaning towards MT's being the only ones able to put out mission that give reward tokens as a reward, where all teachers can put any of the others.
22:50:46: North: ahh gotcha
22:51:09: Koi-Serenity: The Pip system will stay the same.
22:51:13: You Say: Yeah. We are trying to find a way to make MT's role bigger, and important. MT's should have a special place in teaching
22:51:56: Koi-Spirit: with new thoughts and new ideas...always a work in progress
22:51:59: >Jawsman smiles
22:52:26: Liolira: I assume a gm will monitor that?
22:52:43: You Say: So just small tweaks in missions.
22:52:43: Koi-Cryptic: Well a GM still has to accept the tokens, so yeah.
22:53:10: >Liolira nods
22:53:18: Athena: i'm ready to fall asleep and will miss the dev part, but you said it will be in the forums right?
22:53:26: You Say: I would like for the location of the MT's new special place, to keep all their missions there. It will be a place for students to come and see Azlan, see an MT, or a teacher.
22:53:31: You Say: Yes it will be up on the forums at some point. Not tonight cause I'm gettin tired too :p
22:54:22: Athena: yeah, i'm ready to pass out
22:54:47: You Say: Anymore questions about teaching before Diligent takes over?
22:54:51: >Liolira chants DILI DILI DILI
22:55:02: You Say: And then we will wrap it up with Spirit.
22:55:27: You Say: OK DILL. you're up!

22:56:17: Koi-Diligent: So first off I want to appoligise for everyone. You all have been waiting patiently and possibly given up hope on a patch but just know that it's very close now. Between huge life changes, family issues, holidays, job changes,
22:57:05: XP: 1660000 Roleplay Points: 0 Reward Pool: 99
22:57:48: Koi-Diligent: And the learning curve for keeping the process the same it's been a lot. But we are close. We are going to push out a change log of most changes and leave some things a secret for a while to let you all find them
22:58:06: Koi-Diligent: Those of you that helped out with the test a while back was invaulable. It showed me a game breaking bug that we had to chase down and figure out for those that were 8th sphere and above. It took you back to unsphered and you lose
22:58:53: Liolira: will the test servers be open or you looking to pick testers?
22:58:56: Koi-Diligent: Everything. Now as funny and fun as that is we fixed that.
22:59:11: Koi-Diligent: For the most part the next test will be making sure the code side is solid and the level changes we are making are solid.
22:59:43: Koi-Diligent: So I'm not sure if we'll open that up to everyone to keep the surprises low.
23:00:01: >Liolira nods
23:00:12: Koi-Diligent: We have changes to the way demote works, We have taken away some of the restrictions for being in more than one house in case the RP team decides to use a house for a guild or something else that would use the crests,
23:01:08: Koi-Diligent: Couple of quality of life changes that Nyx over here did a fantastic job with is right clicking functionality. Those of you that tested got to experience that some.
23:01:46: >Sadara looks at Belom and smirks
23:02:05: Koi-Diligent: Makes it so much easier to quest, train, destroy an item, give, things like that
23:02:31: Belom: Yea.. it don't work for me
23:02:34: Koi-Diligent: And a few other things Future I want to make patches a little more consistant.
23:03:45: Koi-Diligent: We have a TON of level changes for you all
23:03:45: Koi-Diligent: Thanks to Cryptic he's been working SUPER hard on it. I'm not sure if it's because Cricket beat him with a stick or he just likes pain? I have no idea
23:04:31: Koi-Cryptic: Both.
23:04:58: Koi-Diligent: Personally some of the things I want to work on the most is New arts, which we have to be careful of because of the limits that are there, Player mares 100%
23:05:43: North: So now you are speaking future patches, right?
23:06:03: Koi-Diligent: Future things we are working on now.
23:06:51: Koi-Cryptic: Yeah, future patches.
23:07:02: Koi-Diligent: But there are a lot of ideasthat we want to work on. And at a more consistant patch update.
23:08:05: Koi-Diligent: I think that's Sprits department. I'm just a code monkey
23:08:08: Nathan: Agreed.
23:09:34: Koi-Diligent: But I'm getting the code side buttoned up this weekend. Depending on the schedule of those that will work with me on that and once Cryptic gets his updates buttoned up I want to get the test in, tested, then pushed. So there will have to
23:09:35: Liolira: we dont have a date yet..or a time frame for implementation?
23:09:45: Koi-Diligent: Be planning and getting together on that part of it.
23:09:50: North: What is a rough estimate?
23:10:08: Koi-Diligent: Any questions before Cricket terminates me for giving to many spoilers?
23:10:12: >Koi-Nyx laughs
23:11:05: Koi-Diligent: I'd like at least by the end of the month or beginning of next. I'll be out of pocket a week or two this month so I'm hoping to get the majority of it done as quick as possible.

23:11:59: You Say: Thanks Diligent and Serenity. Spirit, you are up!
23:12:04: >Koi-Serenity smiles
23:12:12: Koi-Spirit: thank you
23:12:15: >Belom golf claps
23:12:19: Koi-Spirit: just a few quick things
23:12:26: Koi-Spirit: Screenshots
23:12:35: Koi-Spirit: why are you not taking them and posting them to discord?
23:12:56: >Liolira coughslazycoughs?
23:13:09: Windsong: Protecting the innocent.
23:13:14: Jawsman: I guess I've been one of the better ones about that
23:13:15: Liolira: thats a good one
23:13:20: Belom: Because linux screenshots are lame and need editing
23:13:21: >Liolira laughs at Windy
23:13:25: >Windsong grins.
23:13:31: Belom: and I forget!
23:13:33: Koi-Spirit: how will folks know about your rp?
23:13:33: Koi-Nyx: I like video better, and I get confused where to put it?:p
23:14:00: Koi-Spirit: video too
23:14:03: Belom: Where do you post them in discord?
23:14:11: Liolira: under in game screenshots
23:14:20: Koi-Spirit: yes
23:14:26: Koi-Spirit: or send them to me direct if they need editing
23:16:18: You Say: We have a FB group as well if anyone has Facebook and wants to join that, just reach out to Koi Spirit. He posts announcements there and screenshots.
23:16:37: Koi-Spirit: i...well we try very hard to preserve the events of the city on the Wiki
23:17:38: Koi-Spirit: so much has been lost already
23:18:07: Koi-Spirit: we are ONE big family
23:18:33: Koi-Spirit: thank you for attending
23:19:25: Liolira: you got the history spam it to the gm
23:19:37: Koi-Spirit: Kelos found most of the SOT stories and pics
23:19:53: Koi-Spirit: they are on the Wiki
23:20:01: Liolira: from personal players what Copyright said...we need the dreamers stories of participating
23:20:18: Kelos: and I search weekly for more
23:20:23: >Koi-Nyx whispers something to Koi-Diligent
23:20:26: Liolira: not the official histories
23:20:27: Belom: I love running into the old Lyran angelfire sites
23:21:46: You Say: Thank you guys for coming and for your feedback. Sorry if some things got lost in the chat and we missed it.
23:22:11: Kayasisis: Thanks to the staff for your hard work and the updates. Appreciated!
23:22:17: Sadara: Alright well goodnight everyone thank you Koi!
23:22:23: Liolira: bye Sadara
23:22:31: Windsong: Thank you, Koi team!
23:22:32: Hrrum: thank you all
23:22:35: You Say: Thank you guys! <3
23:23:02: Koi-Serenity: Good night, everyone! Thanks for coming.
23:23:25: Koi-Cryptic: Yeah, you can message me in Discord.
23:23:26: Koi-Spirit: yes...thanks for the input
Directing Producer