Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

My goodbye

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
guardDog
Dreamer

My goodbye

Post by guardDog »

Sorry but what happened tonight was ridiculous.. here are the IC events as they took place...

gD comes into Providence to talk to Herbert and is offered something in exchange for something else.. that is IC... there is a reason for the event to happen IC... so then gD even talks to an Elder and gets a quest to destroy a prime.. still IC.. gD is told by the parties he is making a trade with to go to Chimeric.. he does.. oh and he is MBed btw.. so nobody could have located him in Chimeric like they said.. gets the item and it goes straight to Ruler area.. nothing else is spoken about it IC to anyone other than the other Ruler.. none of the House members even knew it existed there.

There was no realistic IC way that anyone knew of OSM or gD's involvement in anything. Ace never told anyone IC that he gave it to gD or anything.

Sorry but I had come to a crossroads.. I was having fun again but gD was stuck.. I was trying to come up with a 7th sphere task from him and had become a bit bored.. this quest that he was given revitalized me.. I was excited about this RP and the possible potential that it could have done.. I mean.. imagine if the Prime was drained and then HC closed or something.. there was so much that could have stemmed from this. but no.. it was killed in one night really with something like this..

For those of you that have quests from guardDog.. I am sorry.. I am sure if you talk to a GM they will honor them.

I am going back to the land of PS4 where I play GTAV, Destiny, and other games.. if you want to look for someone to play with.. hit me up.. or you can find me on FaceBook.

It was fun while it lasted everyone..

Norm aka gD's puppet master
Dina

Re: My goodbye

Post by Dina »

I hear ya there gD. I can't believe what just happened.

I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. Things get boring and when something big happens and big rps can be made, you realize that....

the game never changes then dies.
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

A handfull of people watched gd, and then Ace disappear, minblank, and then chimeric appeared on sense. That wasn't ooc crossover, it was bad sneekyness. We also spent the vast majority of tonight doing a scrying rp to see the exchange. Went down to threshold to demote Ace, as it was confirmed for us that it was him when he instantly woke when we demoted him from guardian, and instantly ran into him whispering to guarddog.

Again, that's not ooc crossover, that's bad sneekyness.

Every last inch of this was played out IC once we knew it wasn't a bug. I'm sorry your fun was ruined, but it wasn't due to anyone, not even Ace himself, telling us anything outside of the game. In fact, Ace's controler lied to us when we asked. And seeing as how only you two knew, and you didn't tell us.... not sure where you're getting ooc crossover from.
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

guardDog wrote:Sorry but what happened tonight was ridiculous.. here are the IC events as they took place...

gD comes into Providence to talk to Herbert and is offered something in exchange for something else.. that is IC... there is a reason for the event to happen IC... so then gD even talks to an Elder and gets a quest to destroy a prime.. still IC.. gD is told by the parties he is making a trade with to go to Chimeric.. he does.. oh and he is MBed btw.. so nobody could have located him in Chimeric like they said.. gets the item and it goes straight to Ruler area.. nothing else is spoken about it IC to anyone other than the other Ruler.. none of the House members even knew it existed there.

There was no realistic IC way that anyone knew of OSM or gD's involvement in anything. Ace never told anyone IC that he gave it to gD or anything.

Sorry but I had come to a crossroads.. I was having fun again but gD was stuck.. I was trying to come up with a 7th sphere task from him and had become a bit bored.. this quest that he was given revitalized me.. I was excited about this RP and the possible potential that it could have done.. I mean.. imagine if the Prime was drained and then HC closed or something.. there was so much that could have stemmed from this. but no.. it was killed in one night really with something like this..

For those of you that have quests from guardDog.. I am sorry.. I am sure if you talk to a GM they will honor them.

I am going back to the land of PS4 where I play GTAV, Destiny, and other games.. if you want to look for someone to play with.. hit me up.. or you can find me on FaceBook.

It was fun while it lasted everyone..

Norm aka gD's puppet master
Sorry to hear that Norm. As it turns out, there is another side to this story. I don't think airing it all out hastily in public is a great idea, and I'm too tired at the moment to even determine what to include here so I'll just address what you mentioned here.

The actual theft itself was baseless and unjustified - the character that did it literally had no reason to, and that's not how stealing a prime has ever worked in Underlight - any reasonable person would consider that a shitty move.

As for guessing it was at the Order, someone was tracking Sense closely that night and also had GD on locate and was relatively positive he had gone to Chimeric. So after investigating we knew that he was one of the potential people that had been given it. We actually didn't know who had it this entire time, until the thief in question admitted it, in character. Even at the scrying event that happened tonight it was left vague. HC was suspicious of the Order the entire time but unsure who had it, until the thief in question actually admitted giving it to GD after he was demoted, which Kage blatantly told GD tonight in thresh, so I'm not sure what you mean he never said it?

I'm very surprised to hear that you feel slighted in this situation, as you were the one on the positive side of a completely random and unjustified house prime giveaway.

Yes there could have been a lot of things that happened as a result of it - but did you not find it odd that you literally had to do nothing to get the Orb in the first place?
Dina

Post by Dina »

Actually it reeks of OOC completely.

The GM's basically let you know what happened. Plain and simple. Then felt sorry for you and let you have your Orb back. Which was not right.

You shouldn't have asked Ace OOC if he took it in the first place.

There was potential for a big rp here and it was ruined.
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

Dina wrote:Actually it reeks of OOC completely.

The GM's basically let you know what happened. Plain and simple. Then felt sorry for you and let you have your Orb back. Which was not right.

You shouldn't have asked Ace OOC if he took it in the first place.

There was potential for a big rp here and it was ruined.
Nope. Just not true. And actually we didn't ask him. If you really want to see my abuse report I'll send it to you, but I don't think it would be cool to post it here. Let's just stop with this?
guardDog
Dreamer

Post by guardDog »

Ok.. you want to say that.. please.. someone.. do a HUGE Rp and summon all the other Primes to your Houses.. get that to work.. oh yeah.. please get that to work..

assuming that simply because gD and Ace are MBed and Chimeric on sense.. like gD or Ace never MB any other time..

people had already assumed something before it was happened upon that gD was passing through and saw a dreamer without a crest on and asking what happened?

gD was given a task to destroy the Prime by an Elder.. even had a conversion on how exciting it would have been since that had not been done before.. and ruined by a RPed summoning ritual of a Prime? Seriously. Ok. Yup sounds right.

Have fun everyone.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Clarity wrote:In fact, Ace's controler lied to us when we asked.
What?
Kage wrote:Nope. Just not true. And actually we didn't ask him.
What? OH this was pulled from logs: 2:22:44: Kage whispers: ((get this... he went out of his wayto extensively tell us all OOC that he had nothing to do with it... I've requested that they ban the dumb fuck, kind of unbelievable))

What abuse? For no reason? That HC actually did piss off their Guardian? Acerrav was upset with HC, you just didn't know that lol.

You got your stupid Orb back, people have left the game, so I guess it is all done now.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Enough.

We're all adults here and I understand how easily tempers and passions will overwhelm our senses. We do not need to attack one another on public forums to defend in-game actions. Do not hold any illusion that this will yield any positive results by any means.

Foremost, in the case of any player that chooses to take a departure for any reasons, the community as a whole endures a void with their absence. However, players come and go, and in time, when they are ready to return - they will be welcomed back on their terms. A player created this threat to air out, what he believes, was a missed opportunity at a major dream altering event and stated his intention to depart from the game.

We're all in this shared community and should not seek to alienate each other to the point where more players depart from the game. Events occurred, and while the author stated there was a missed opportunity at something big - how many more opportunities are being thrown away as we sit here arguing without any actual goal in mind to be accomplished.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Seriously, all of this played out IC. Solomier and Trisha were (with fairly compelling reason) eliminated as possible suspects right off the bat. Then early in the afternoon we got a tip by someone who had been watching sense the entire time and noticed who was MB'ed and that Chimeric was on sense. As hard as it was to believe, there was almost no doubt that it was Acerrav from the start.

gD told Starfall in threshold that he didn't have a 7th task, then about ten minutes later said that his task wouldn't be made public. Star didn't call him on it, but that was one of the pieces of the puzzle falling into place that pointed to OoSM. In fact, there was strong suspicion that it had been brought to DoL. Even after the scrying, that suspicion remained.

The scrying didn't reveal identities of anyone involved. Everything we learned at the scrying, Starfall, Magnilia, Trisha, Solomier, Kage, and Clarity already knew from the evidence gathered over the course of the day. The scrying told us nothing we didn't already know. AoE ponied up most of the power tokens for the summoning because we weren't going to leave HC out to dry. If we hadn't, then it was unlikely they'd have had the strength needed to accomplish it. This is also why it pays to have allies.

If you think destroying a prime is "exciting" for the people on the receiving end of it, why not use OoSM's prime for that quest?
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

Scrying to find out? Seriously? That reeks. And Smells. Of you know what
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

Gerroz wrote:Scrying to find out? Seriously? That reeks. And Smells. Of you know what
Can't believe we're actually still hearing this. That's not how they found out. Already stated multiple times.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

Really. Then why was a "scrying" done in the first place?
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

Gerroz wrote:Really. Then why was a "scrying" done in the first place?
Because no one was doing anything with the prime artifact in game - everyone was going with "nope no idea what's going on", and HC characters obviously wanted to aggressively pursue it, so they were trying all angles. The scrying thing gave them no new info at all, honestly, but it was an interesting ceremony at least.
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Post by Yuritau »

Gerroz wrote:Really. Then why was a "scrying" done in the first place?
If the one singular item that keeps your house open suddenly goes missing, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that someone might suggest scrying to try and get some clues. Admittedly I missed out on the events of the day completely, but the act of scrying is, IMHO, the LEAST suspicious of all mentioned things.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

"noone was doing anything", after two days. Takes a bit more than that to hatch a good plan that will be exciting for more than one side of the fence. Personally I was thinking of a big risk event similar to the draining event we did at HC and DoL. but with a prime artifact fueling it. Big risk and big reward.

The "summoning", while I wasnt there, sounds like complete BS to me. And a missed opportunity in the game, which truly needed something cool to happen just about now.
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

It is always sad to see a member of the small community go. What would have been sadder was to see 7 or 8 leave because someone thought it was cool to ruin their fun for the sake of their own advancement. I am sorry to see you go. Scrying is a valid method of divulging things, a whole house in our version of the game was built on that. This game is a clash of two dreams, ours and yours. How come people are forgetting that? The only thing that was divulged was it showed the prime was passed along Chimeric. No defining individuals was seen. The rest of the clues came when the meltdown occurred and Acerrav admitted it in DOL Threshold. It did what it was supposed to do as a tool. It riled the dreamers into action to get to the bottom of the truth. It brang out the depth and girth of many characters that have been simmering their passions quietly. Nothing OOC about that.
I would reconsider leaving... you wanted fun? There were so many aspects that spun out from this rp. Thank you for that, people started coming back and caring just for another moment away from their busy lives with family, jobs and pursuits of education. It gave them a reason to care and log. Be part of the city.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Venom
Dreamer

Post by Venom »

All I can do is shake my head at all this mess. People should be having fun and enjoying RP's. I seriously hate when finger pointing occurs especially for an RP. I will admit though, I seriously question why an Elder gave a quest to destroy a prime. It doesn't matter what houses prime it is, HC, DOL, OSM, whatever. The severity of the consequences should require at least all the Elders or GM's to agree on it before issuing such a quest. Still I can envision several more interesting quests other then a "destroy a prime" quest.
*You shall be beaten by the Eggbeater and you will LIKE IT!*
-Venom
Dreamseer and Teacher
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Bottom Line -

We are sadden when any player makes a decision to depart from the community for any reason. However, we will wish them the best of luck and we will keep the portals open in anticipation of welcoming them back on their terms.

Good luck.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”