Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Spiritual successor?

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Dora
Dreamer

Spiritual successor?

Post by Dora »

I recently found out about Underlight thanks to JoshStrifeHayes' video on it and the idea of having a game with heavy emphasis on roleplay and player-created content seems very appealing to me. I would like to get involved in Underlight, however, there is one small issue which I believe is no secret to any of us: the tragically low player-count. Gone, I assume, are the days where a new player can join the game at any time of day and be greeted by an active player-base of veterans and newbies alike together with whom one can to learn about, grow with, and eventually contribute to the community lore and by extention the game as a whole. Therefore I wonder: Are there any games out there which can provide a similar experience now to Underlight in its early days?
Yuritau
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yuritau, Eilathen

Re: Spiritual successor?

Post by Yuritau »

One thing that was unfortunately missed for Josh's video (likely due to time constraints) is that there is an active player base, it just has a primary window of 5-7pm PST, give or take a couple hours in either direction. If that happens to line up with your gaming schedule, you can jump in and have a great time. If you mostly play at other times of day, you'll see something closer to what Josh saw.

As for a spiritual successor, I don't really have anything to add there. I've not found another game that's all that similar to early Underlight.
Dora
Dreamer

Re: Spiritual successor?

Post by Dora »

Yuritau wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:57 am there is an active player base, it just has a primary window of 5-7pm PST, give or take a couple hours in either direction.
Thank you for your reply! Sadly that's in the middle of the night for me and I need to be really careful with my sleep-schedule.

i cri evrytim