Absence Board

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Leolus
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Restel

Re: Absence Board

Postby Leolus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Koi-Owl wrote:
Nio Tak wrote:I've been having some computer issues but hopefully I'll be back ig by this weekend. I'm sure Dar has been dearly missed ;)

~Restel
~Bane
Uthanatos
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Postby Uthanatos » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Pheasant wrote:
Uthanatos wrote:So firstly, ask your son to set up an FTP filedrop somewhere, he should know what that means, if not, we have bigger issues. Secondly, share link to said file drop. Third have aforementioned son grab ISO and DVD-USB tool from that file drop...because I'm certain someone will upload them. Create bootable Win7 Ult USB, insert aforementioned USB into usb port of laptop...restart laptop, use break sequence (Varies by manufacturer) set laptop to boot from USB....install and enjoy!

I may need you to walk me through this to get my fancy pants laptop that died a little while back running again. I know it was just the HD. As soon as I buy a new HD we can try this. That laptop is way too nice for me to just toss. But what I'm reading here is like a foreign language.

Easy peasy I can step you through it no problem, I think I even wrote a process somewhere for our field techs.....now I have to sort through all the processes I've written for work lol
A historian will tell you what happened, a novelist will tell you how it felt.
Yarven Kreen
Emergence Academy
Character Name(s): Yarven Kreen

Postby Yarven Kreen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 pm

-Lacie- wrote:Punching is such a .... rough word. One fist to the little space below the Z key. I have little hands. But yea... I slammed my fist down once kinda hard. Ok, what I was doing (and yea, please don't scold me, I know how terrible this is), I was using free virus software to see if anything was slowing my ANCIENT computer down. AVS or whatever that free one is, is what I used. It came up with this GREAT idea of removing duplicate files. So, while discussing politics, economy, & what was for supper with Boy, I decided to hit that horrible button called "Remove All". It took out ALL the duplicates, prolly destroying some silly file that was holding my Vista together.

Here's the message I'm getting now, when I put the harddrive back in and turn the Beast on:

"There is a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer....." blah blah blah, basically saying it can't find the harddrive, and that I should remove and reseat the drive, which I've done more than once. Then...

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Like I said... XUN'ROK DREAMSTRUCK MY BLACK BOX!

I'm going to try and take the back off (what a ROYAL pain in the ass that is), and see if i can manually shove the harddrive down the throat of this beast. The pins on the harddrive are all set the right way (suppose to be staggered a little), so maybe it's inside the stoopid box.

~L~

Do you know what kind of HDD you need I have one I can send you once you find out for sure!
Coraal
Alliance of the Eclipse
Character Name(s): Coraal

Postby Coraal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey everyone!

I am posting here to take a moment to give everyone an update on Purple Lace.

So you are all very well aware that Xun'rok took his loathing to a completely new level when he decided to shove it to Lace and Strike her computer. Unfortunately, Xun'rok was a little TOO excited and did a bit of an overkill. In addition to committing compucide, some residual vibes from the Strike also affected Lace directly! As a result, she took a hit to her health and had to seek medical attention and has been under her doctors care since Wednesday of this past week. But don't you worry! Lace is a tough lady who has proven, time and again, that it takes more than some maniac with a napoleon complex (I'm not referring to Xun'rok's height here) to keep her down.

We spoke today and Lace is well on the road to recovery and expects to be back in game at some point early in this coming week. She is hoping to be back by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. She wanted me to thank everyone for their well wishes and concerns during her absence and can't wait to return and get right back into the thick of things. She also asked me to communicate to those working with her on projects and such to keep at it and she will be with you all very shortly.

Thank you again for keeping her in your thoughts and for all of the supportive wishes for her. She truly appreciates it and misses everyone!

Hoping you're all having an awesome day,

Coraal
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
-Lacie-
Alliance of the Eclipse
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Postby -Lacie- » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmer
Alliance of the Eclipse
Character Name(s): Elmer

Postby Elmer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am

Take care of yourself, hope you are feeling better soon.
...Seja você mesmo...
Gorgunsun
Alliance of the Eclipse
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Postby Gorgunsun » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:13 am

I had no idea, sorry Lace. Gor's been worried about you too...... get better quick! We all miss you.
Jastra
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jastra Shandyr

Postby Jastra » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 pm

What Gorgunsun said.

Get well soon. You are missed.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir
-Lacie-
Alliance of the Eclipse

Postby -Lacie- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Last edited by -Lacie- on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pheasant
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Hael Frost

Postby Pheasant » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Just a few more days and I will be back on my normal schedule and not have to spontaneously leave a role play or resist playing at all. A lot of the action happens so late at night for me that i just cant justify staying up while I know I have to get up at 5:30AM and that's a total bummer because I really, really miss being around regularly. Starting this Saturday you should be seeing a lot more of Hael around like normal. But every summer -as long as I am at this job- I'll be having to wake up and go to bed early. :C
#Haelworstangel2017
"C:\Users\ArnayaIsAPunk"
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Postby Star Scream » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Sup guys? Was just talking with my sons bestfriend about games. That led to conversation on my alltime most beloved game, Underlight. That then in turn led to me googling Underlight, reading an article by the RPG Archeologist about UL, that led me to checking out the forums. Awesome to see you guys still playing. Though I would likely not have time to get back in myself who knows, maybe Star Scream could show up. I'm always curious about were the dreams of my old friends has led them. Catch ya later folks!
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Postby fr3y » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 am

Oh man Kendo would love to see his dad again, it's been forever literally!
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Jastra
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jastra Shandyr

Postby Jastra » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Be off for a month or so.

See you when I get back, Jastra still intends to live in Harrow Glades damnit.

Vicki
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir
Butterfly
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Postby Butterfly » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 am

Backish when I am not having internet issues. I am not back full time, there is too much life going on, but I will be popping in here and there.
}'|'{
Queen of the Plushies

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Butterfly
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Postby Butterfly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:16 pm

It's the time of year again, when parents send their children to government funded day care :lol:
I have a brand new position with an incredible steep learning curve. I will do the very best I can be be around, especially for meetings and such. If you need me, PM or ping me on Discord.
}'|'{
Queen of the Plushies

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Sidas
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Postby Sidas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm taking time away from Underlight. Not sure on a timeline of return. Apologies to anyone reliant on Dreiko for things IC but I'm sure whatever GMs are available will be willing to provide support.
Tember
House of Calenture

Postby Tember » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Sidas wrote:I'm taking time away from Underlight. Not sure on a timeline of return. Apologies to anyone reliant on Dreiko for things IC but I'm sure whatever GMs are available will be willing to provide support.

Now this just makes me sad.
ISO BladeSlayer
-Lacie-
Alliance of the Eclipse

Postby -Lacie- » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Now this just makes me sad.

Me too.....

~L~
Arnaya
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Postby Arnaya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Good luck Sidas, take the time you need. We'll be here for you when you come back :)
Some Days, I need Love. Some Days, I need Sex. Some Days I don't need Sh*t from anyone. Some Days I want to Save the World. Some Days I just want to watch it Burn. Some Days I feel so Alive, some Days I barely survive.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:17 am

I won't be in tomorrow because the wonderful David's Bridal wouldn't cut me a break like the last time for my fitting and schedule it on a weekend. They know I work all day Monday-friday, those jerks. :x So I can only come in before work. That's gonna be one really, really, really long day and I doubt I'd be alive enough by the time I get back from work to focus on anything happening. And there may or may not be issues by the weekend with hurricane Irma possibly clobbering Florida. That we'll just have to cross our fingers and wait. Hoping it circles back and fizzles out.
#Haelworstangel2017
Techgeist
Dreamer

Postby Techgeist » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Hael and I are in the Cone of Death. We'll update as we know more.
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Postby Noshkapana » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Techgeist wrote:Hael and I are in the Cone of Death. We'll update as we know more.

Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
Pheasant
House of Calenture

Postby Pheasant » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Noshkapana wrote:
Techgeist wrote:Hael and I are in the Cone of Death. We'll update as we know more.

That made me laugh after such a cruddy day. We'll try though. And so much for my "I hope it circles back and fizzles out." ugh. Good news: No work Thursday or Friday for me! Bad news: Might not have power at some point. Booo... With Dimitri's job it's a toss up as to what the heck they're doing during this hurricane party.
#Haelworstangel2017
Uthanatos
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Postby Uthanatos » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:02 am

Sorry for the short notice, I was notified at 0100 Eastern that I'll be flying down to Tampa at 0600 this morning for work, I don't know for certain what our timelines will look like yet, so if this causes any erratic times in my dreaming for the next few days, I apologize to those affected.

Ü
A historian will tell you what happened, a novelist will tell you how it felt.
Arnaya
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Postby Arnaya » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:20 am

Try to have fun on the trip, and to Hael and Dimitri's controllers... I know it doesn't mean much, but my best wishes and hopes for your safety. At least you can say definitively that most the rest of us don't know what storms are really like :P
Some Days, I need Love. Some Days, I need Sex. Some Days I don't need Sh*t from anyone. Some Days I want to Save the World. Some Days I just want to watch it Burn. Some Days I feel so Alive, some Days I barely survive.

Return to “Player Chat”