Absence Board

Want to talk about non-game related issues? This is the forum for it.
Leolus
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Restel

Re: Absence Board

Postby Leolus » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Koi-Owl wrote:
Nio Tak wrote:I've been having some computer issues but hopefully I'll be back ig by this weekend. I'm sure Dar has been dearly missed ;)

~Restel
~Bane
Uthanatos
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Postby Uthanatos » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:09 pm

Pheasant wrote:
Uthanatos wrote:So firstly, ask your son to set up an FTP filedrop somewhere, he should know what that means, if not, we have bigger issues. Secondly, share link to said file drop. Third have aforementioned son grab ISO and DVD-USB tool from that file drop...because I'm certain someone will upload them. Create bootable Win7 Ult USB, insert aforementioned USB into usb port of laptop...restart laptop, use break sequence (Varies by manufacturer) set laptop to boot from USB....install and enjoy!

I may need you to walk me through this to get my fancy pants laptop that died a little while back running again. I know it was just the HD. As soon as I buy a new HD we can try this. That laptop is way too nice for me to just toss. But what I'm reading here is like a foreign language.

Easy peasy I can step you through it no problem, I think I even wrote a process somewhere for our field techs.....now I have to sort through all the processes I've written for work lol
A historian will tell you what happened, a novelist will tell you how it felt.
Yarven Kreen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yarven Kreen

Postby Yarven Kreen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 pm

-Lacie- wrote:Punching is such a .... rough word. One fist to the little space below the Z key. I have little hands. But yea... I slammed my fist down once kinda hard. Ok, what I was doing (and yea, please don't scold me, I know how terrible this is), I was using free virus software to see if anything was slowing my ANCIENT computer down. AVS or whatever that free one is, is what I used. It came up with this GREAT idea of removing duplicate files. So, while discussing politics, economy, & what was for supper with Boy, I decided to hit that horrible button called "Remove All". It took out ALL the duplicates, prolly destroying some silly file that was holding my Vista together.

Here's the message I'm getting now, when I put the harddrive back in and turn the Beast on:

"There is a problem connecting with a device connected to your computer....." blah blah blah, basically saying it can't find the harddrive, and that I should remove and reseat the drive, which I've done more than once. Then...

File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Like I said... XUN'ROK DREAMSTRUCK MY BLACK BOX!

I'm going to try and take the back off (what a ROYAL pain in the ass that is), and see if i can manually shove the harddrive down the throat of this beast. The pins on the harddrive are all set the right way (suppose to be staggered a little), so maybe it's inside the stoopid box.

~L~

Do you know what kind of HDD you need I have one I can send you once you find out for sure!
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Postby Coraal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey everyone!

I am posting here to take a moment to give everyone an update on Purple Lace.

So you are all very well aware that Xun'rok took his loathing to a completely new level when he decided to shove it to Lace and Strike her computer. Unfortunately, Xun'rok was a little TOO excited and did a bit of an overkill. In addition to committing compucide, some residual vibes from the Strike also affected Lace directly! As a result, she took a hit to her health and had to seek medical attention and has been under her doctors care since Wednesday of this past week. But don't you worry! Lace is a tough lady who has proven, time and again, that it takes more than some maniac with a napoleon complex (I'm not referring to Xun'rok's height here) to keep her down.

We spoke today and Lace is well on the road to recovery and expects to be back in game at some point early in this coming week. She is hoping to be back by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. She wanted me to thank everyone for their well wishes and concerns during her absence and can't wait to return and get right back into the thick of things. She also asked me to communicate to those working with her on projects and such to keep at it and she will be with you all very shortly.

Thank you again for keeping her in your thoughts and for all of the supportive wishes for her. She truly appreciates it and misses everyone!

Hoping you're all having an awesome day,

Coraal
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
-Lacie-
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Postby -Lacie- » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:53 pm

DEAR XUN'ROK:
I'M NOT DEAD!!!
LOVE,
LACIE!

Dear Citizens of LyraClasia;

The rumors of my demise are grossly incorrect!!!! I'm not only not Dead, but have proven that I am, in fact, UnDead!!!!! Muahahahahahah!

Another recently proven fact: it is confirmed that I have little to no heart!!!!! Let's see if DreamStrike will work on THAT, you Xun'rok you!!

Ok, enough of the silly stuff, here's the lowdown on what's happened.

So Lacie was minding her own business, holding up some wall, and someone asked her when some event or other was going to go down. I use the nefarious ALT-TAB to switch screens. The stoopid screen goes goofey. So, I hit the laptop on the left side (for those of you who are still computer illiterate, that's where the harddrive is), and BLAMO! Computer bit the dust!

So I'm pissed and stuff, borrowing Boy's "gaming computer" (which has buttons that makes sammiches & calls for pizza and stuff). I was feeling bad anyway, and it just got worse and worse, until Boy (my youngest) said he was going to kick me out if I didn't go to the hospital. Ok, ok, ok, so I go.

So I'm in the ER for "breathing problems" and they do some tests. "Does it hurt when I poke here?" "Why do you still have your gallbladder?" "Cuz I didn't know they had expiration dates?" Ohh, well you need that removed! That's what's making you hurt so bad!"

Ok, so in the middle of "routine tests" they do before "Oh, it's outpatient surgery. You'll be home tomorrow" bullcrap... they determine I have Congestive Heart Failure (which the nurse pokes her head in and blurts out before sending me "upstairs").

Well I'm glad they found the ticker problem because the "simple outpatient surgery" coulda been fatal. Long story short, I've gotten a most wonderful gift from an anonymous source, and I only had to promise not to slam my fist on this one! I've been in the hospital for a week now, getting my heart stronger and all the fluid's gone (I literally lost 11 pounds of fluid weight in 48 hours!), and I'm cleared for surgery now.

There's really good news here, in that I'll not only survive this ordeal, but have a much more secure future, and the doc's want me to sit and behave myself (don't tell the doc's about Lacie). So, I'm on the way back.... Recharge your chakrams and Reweave your shields!
~Lacie~
I didn't do it, but if I ~did~ do it, it was an accident!!!

....Always Be Watching....
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Postby Elmer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am

Take care of yourself, hope you are feeling better soon.
...Seja você mesmo...
Gorgunsun
The Peace Corpse
Character Name(s): Gorgunsun, Gromnir

Postby Gorgunsun » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:13 am

I had no idea, sorry Lace. Gor's been worried about you too...... get better quick! We all miss you.
Jastra
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jastra Shandyr

Postby Jastra » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 pm

What Gorgunsun said.

Get well soon. You are missed.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir
-Lacie-
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Postby -Lacie- » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi all,

Short note... GB surgery successful. Recouping @ home. Be back soon.

Luv ya all.

~L~
~Lacie~
I didn't do it, but if I ~did~ do it, it was an accident!!!

....Always Be Watching....
Pheasant
House of Calenture
Character Name(s): Hael Frost

Postby Pheasant » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Just a few more days and I will be back on my normal schedule and not have to spontaneously leave a role play or resist playing at all. A lot of the action happens so late at night for me that i just cant justify staying up while I know I have to get up at 5:30AM and that's a total bummer because I really, really miss being around regularly. Starting this Saturday you should be seeing a lot more of Hael around like normal. But every summer -as long as I am at this job- I'll be having to wake up and go to bed early. :C
The girl just could not sleep because her thoughts were way too deep. Her mind had gone out for a stroll and had fallen down a rabbit hole.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Postby Star Scream » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Sup guys? Was just talking with my sons bestfriend about games. That led to conversation on my alltime most beloved game, Underlight. That then in turn led to me googling Underlight, reading an article by the RPG Archeologist about UL, that led me to checking out the forums. Awesome to see you guys still playing. Though I would likely not have time to get back in myself who knows, maybe Star Scream could show up. I'm always curious about were the dreams of my old friends has led them. Catch ya later folks!
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Postby fr3y » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 am

Oh man Kendo would love to see his dad again, it's been forever literally!
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Jastra
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jastra Shandyr

Postby Jastra » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Be off for a month or so.

See you when I get back, Jastra still intends to live in Harrow Glades damnit.

Vicki
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir
Butterfly
WordSmith
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Postby Butterfly » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:34 am

Backish when I am not having internet issues. I am not back full time, there is too much life going on, but I will be popping in here and there.
}'|'{
Queen of the Plushies
Amanuensis of all things awesome
Calendar

I'm not a cynic, I just don’t believe a word you say. I'm not a critic, I just hate it all anyway. ~Adapted from Icon for Hire "Cynics and Critics"

Return to “Player Chat”