Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Unclear and present dangers ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

Unclear and present dangers ☼

Post by Tentacle »

Attn: All sentient beings
Re: Clear and present dangers

Allo my wards. My words have been few to fall upon the archive in the past weeks. You will forgive me for that.

It has come to my attention that a new army has been formed. Perhaps it will prove only to be a vision of one potential outcome.

Nocven would have us believe that the greatest among us, The Elders, have to the last of them surrender control of themselves. They have become his army. Adjacent to the supplication are others, such as ........ ; they are also alleged to be a part of this movement.

If those who would have us work for them, follow their instruction, be our tutors, and have fallen to this control, I ask; what hope do we have?

I grow weary of being one of the few responsible for saving the many. I grow tired of turning all I am towards these clear and present dangers only to see peace be but a temporary balm.

There are issues far more important to me than this. Whatever the proper depth of this new threat is. There are realms unknown to us and yet so close. There is instability not only in these realms but in the creatures of our primary realm. I am tired of puzzles and cryptic happenings.

I would urge you all to turn your eyes away from the chaotic dance of mystery and omnipotence. It is, quite frankly, beyond us to bring the final solutions needed to the battlefront.

Do not let yourselves be a captive audience. Do not let yourselves be anything more than prisoners of ample open space. You are capable of dreams and desires larger than puppetry.

It is for you to control your dreams and desires and determine what your power will be. I caution against allowing yourself to lead mundane and secular lives. You have already lost if you allow yourself to be wood by trinket and bobble and station. These things will not make you something you are not. They will not give you the power to win or resolve the issues facing us. If you do find these things, you must turn them into a platform from which you do great things and fight against the mundane.

So long as dreamers fail to dream to their full potential, they will continue to be led around by the nose and find themselves drowned in the current of banality.

Do not use the words of others as cloth either to shape yourself from or to hide. Your true character, or lack thereof, can never be truly hidden. Without intellectual honesty, without knowing yourself, you will fall to Nocven and his songs too.

The Matron ☼
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper