Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Successful Expedition

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Successful Expedition

Post by Elmer »

The Aquatic Expedition went very well! In attendance were Pixar, Ironies, Mandus, Alice, Sadara, Coraal and Maisie.

Pixar & Ironies chose to go to the Lost Sea and they caught these incredibly beautiful creatures.

Maui & Mo the Flying Fish: WIth a torpedo silver & grey shaped body that helps these amazing Flying Fish gain speed to soar high out of the water performing acrobats before diving back into the water. With large iridescent pink & clear pectoral angel like fins, fluttering long eyelashes, sapphire bubble eyes that luminess. These two Flying Fish can be heard making clicking sounds when hungry or when greeting you.

A small beautiful red fish with huge green eyes and massive square teeth are seen on this fish as it looks at you. The skin is slick to the touch and as your fingers glide across it the skin turns transparent making it hard to find the little fish. When you put the fish down it turns back into a bright red color as it makes strange noises that sound like "graw.. graw... rech rech

Sparkles the Enope Squid: This tiny 3" inch blue and orange rounded creature, found in the depts of the Glorious Seas, with long beak like mouth puts off a magnificent light show from flashing cobalt blue lights. These lights emit from around its eyes to its tentacles and entire body. Its body has a slimy feel and big bubble eyes that watch your every move when surfaced.

Mandus and Alice headed up to the Ziggurat where Mandus had been trying to catch something for the last couple weeks, but it kept escaping him. I do believe it was Alice who was finally able to grab him as they lured it out with Agoknight essence! It is a fine specimen.

A hand-sized creature of bleached bone and black ink. Five, wriggling appendages droop down from its cylindrical body, giving it the appearance of a hand walking around on its fingers. Two beady little eyes sit in recessed areas near what could be described as its knuckles. It moves languidly, resting its appendages on nearby shores, occasionally dousing itself in fresh ink from beneath its legs.

Coraal, all decked out in fisherman's gear and waders, headed to the Citadel, he came back with a most interesting find!

A small round-shelled creature whose body appears covered in a mass of shells that resemble clams. The shells open and close randomly in an odd display that looks like bunches of mouths moving. Water and bubbles forced outward through the shells allows multi-directional movement as it drifts. When threatened, the shells open and close rapidly making a disturbing rattling noise as long, spiked tendrils emerge from the main body between the shells to thrash in the water in a threatening manner. ~¢~

Sadie tried her luck in various locales and she came back with a bucket FULL of beauties!

A medium sized flat fish with beige scales. At the ends of the scales are fiery red tips. The fish has small eyes that have a small fiery red in the middle of its iris. The fish swims quickly and peacefully as the bright white waters from the Peaceful Grotto.

A medium sized dark brown scaled fish, with a blood colored strip that spirals around the fish from head to tail. The fishes eyes are bright sapphire blue. The fish swims with purpose and is rather slow, like the mud from Sapphire Steppes. -{S}

A small fish that shimmers with vibrant blue skin. A pattern of seemingly white flowers spot the fish all over. The fish has large beautiful eyes that are bright yellow. The fish swims with freeness and confidence as the waters from the Pond of Reflections. -{S}

I did my exploring yesterday afternoon and I thought of Aethimir's Lab in the Inchoate Realm, I was not disappointed in my find

A unique creature found in the waters of Aethimir's Lab. It has the long body of an eel, but with tufts of fur dotted along it's spine. It crackles and snaps with electricity as it slithers along languidly in the pool, occasionally lifting it's flattened head from the water to gaze at you with double lidded eyes and yawn, it's long tongue lolling about, before it ducks back under the water. >>elms<<

A wonderful time was had by all. Miss Maisie graciously helped us to get the creatures settled into their new home in the pool at the Menagerie. As you walk around the pool you will see them popping in and out of the water, sometimes hiding, sometimes splashing about! I encourage all to visit, such a wonderful place to relax.

ALSO! We have opened the new room in the center, The INSECTARIUM, for now it houses one lone moth, it is incredibly beautiful and seems quite content to sit under the Oak tree there. Grass and greenery has been planted in the habitat and will take some time to mature and grow, when it does we will be ready to go on our next expedition!

Thank you to those who joined in on the fun tonight, you have given us many new beautiful creatures to visit and study and enjoy!
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-