Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Recent News: Vistor from Candela

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sadara

Recent News: Vistor from Candela

Post by Sadara »

6/20/2021
Within the last weekend, a visitor from another city names Candela, arrived within the City. His name is Seenah, a lovely man who seeks knowledge of the city, its memories and its houses. He has an encampment on Evernight, there he rests and fills his mind with books, and look at stars above with his astrolabe. Buzz and myself, went to visit him and have a discussion. The following is information about his lovely city Candela, what the houses are like, what they are named and so on:

I asked, "How is Candela's House System different?"

Sennah said, "Our five houses are distinctly different, without any room for overlap. We at peace with each other, and do not seek conflict. If I may illuminate that, I can describe our five houses... Each of the five noble houses operates as a unified organization, around a particular contribution to the city. To start, there is the Temple of Rebirth. They are the librarians and historians of our city, and they keep record of every event, meeting, and so forth, that has occurred. Their halls are filled with tomes, and scrolls, and books. They are responsible for maintain all records. It is a busy task, but their house is among the oldest within Candela.

Next are the Four Stings Keep. They are the most militaristic within our city. Atop a treacherous mountain, they pursue their own paths of combat. They hold rigid beliefs, and are trained both in archery, and hawk-raising. Should one of their members be caught in any melee combat, those members are immediately collapsed and demoted. That is the zealous nature of their beliefs. They are often isolationist, but from atop their mountain they keep watch on the affairs of the city.

Next are the Warden of Sun Dreamers. They are very peaceful and reasonable group. They believe strongly that through tilling and reworking the planes for agriculture, their physical labor will allow them to reach peaceful enlightenment. They are quite kind hearted, and the food efforts of their labor are enjoyed throughout the city. They are a friend to everyone.

Quite distinctly different, are the Genesis Society. They are also one of the oldest houses in the city. They believe that efforts of creating a dream city were the result of a mental collaboration between many individual on their respective shards. They are more scientifically minded, and seek to understand what the Heart of Candela is capable of. As well as seeking to research the Soul of the city as well. That is the house my predecessor is a member of.

Lastly, but not least important, is the Fortress of Jade Silk. The house that I belong to. Our beliefs are three-fold. First, we seek to embrace our elemental focus wholly, seeking to master every facet of it. Second, upon initiation, we are instructed to choose a tool that will be our elemental anchor. One that will keep us ground, as we encounter the chaos of the dream."

The bandana wrapped around Seenah's head loosens of its own accord, and the piece of cloth hovers weightlessly in the air next to him.

Seenah said, "This is my anchor. Lastly, we believe we that the dream by design, is order created from chaos. However, chaos is its original nature. We believe we must push ourselves closer to understand the true nature of the dream, so as to understand it. The dream itself, comprised of many memories, lores, and experiences, has been compressed throughout time. Creating layers to the dream, representative of our actions and contributions. Our thoughts and experiences."

I asked, "Thats so interesting. Well then let me finally ask you, what are your thoughts on Darkmares?"

Seenah said, "Often, the dream is a mirror in which we understand the deep layers of our own minds. We believe we must embrace our focus, wield it as an instrument, to understand the layers of the dream. That perhaps the greatest difference between our cities. We do not have the great nightmares roaming about. Long ago, a treaty was formed, and they and the dreamers have been separated since. It is deeply uncommon for me to see them about. Upon my first dreams in your city, I was greeted to one taking residence within your city's tavern. It was very surprising. I believe, that it is for the betterment of dreamers and nightmares alike, to be separated from each other."

With that I thanked him for his time and for enlightening us about his home. Seenah has stated that Candela is very difficult to get to, for those that do not live there. Hopefully one day we will be able to visit! -{S}