Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Bundle tasking - Ward/Amulet - why or why not?

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Craig
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Corin, Thaniel, KuKai, Lume

Bundle tasking - Ward/Amulet - why or why not?

Post by Craig »

Greetings citizens,

Traditionally, Ward and Amulet were bundled together into a single task for both arts. As I understand it so were certain other arts for other foci, such as Chamele and Vision. However, as I understand it, this is no longer allowed.

I think from the perspective of the Elders, Amulet now improves more than just it's evoke time but also allows you to lower the charges as you have higher plateaus so by 9th plateau you can give a one use Amulet to someone to pass your ward.

Still, Amulet does otherwise nothing unless one of your Wards is there to pass through. There would be a better argument against bundling Chamele and Vision as the DreamSeers used to do, because Vision not only reveals Chameled and Invisible dreamers, as well as protects against Blind.

I could possibly see an argument of using someone's Amulet to proxy them for some kind of ritual, perhaps. Ultimately, they've made Ward and Amulet learn to 20 free with the Oracle system. I think it may be unfair to other foci if we could still bundle two arts where the others are expected to task for each of their arts individually.

However, the final point I think is that Wards can't even be passed through without an Amulet. So does it make sense to train someone in Ward without also training them in Amulet?

I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

Radiant Paths,
Corin Papen
Protector of the Radiance
~Craig