Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ The Elsewhere, The Expanse, The Old Ones ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ The Elsewhere, The Expanse, The Old Ones ☼

Post by Tentacle »

As I gathered with friends to teach and share time, a terrible site visited us. The silver figure of a lady approached us, hurling vitriol and venom. As quickly as the tempest crashed over us, it receded from our shores. Has madness claimed someone so close to me? Let us hope that this is not the case.

I have done what I can to circulate the Cosmology of the Planes now that it has been printed; with each dream, these teachings may expose new minds to it. I hear tongues attempting to pass on information to each other, and though they are often fumbling and confused, the attempts are noble. Dreamers must come to understand the Elsewhere and the various planes that comprise the universe our dream reality exists in.

Though all dreamers must educate themselves with cosmological knowledge, it should be known I do not control the subject matter. I may intuit the language of various planes; I may cross boundaries most cannot; I may even wield eldritch powers for myself. None of these things should indicate that I am in league with, or friendly towards, any particular entity of The Elsewhere.

We are experiencing conjunction of Madness and Shadow. When Wishbringer was Dreamstruck, in that instant, something swapped places with him. A manifestation of an Old One. An Old One is an entity of The Expanse. The Expanse is the most distant and treacherous plane of our universe. I cannot stress enough how important it is to properly understand the more extraordinary workings of our planar cosmology to more than a rudimentary level before one attempts more advanced expressions of the field. Some are trying to do, or intend to do, cannot and will not be done without significant risk to themselves and those assisting them.

When I speak of risk, I do not do so, having not experienced it myself. During the Festival of Tentacles, the Old One we had previously encountered decided to manifest once more. After a brief communication period and sharing what message we took away with those who had gathered for the festival, we were cast out. Through The Elsewhere, we tumbled, falling through one doorway after another until finally, I found the scattered essences of Wishbringer adrift on a splintered respite crossroad.

I count myself blessed by the opportunities which have been afforded me. Those experiences prepared me for the ejection the Old One visited upon myself and The Scarred One. I genuinely fear for those throwing themselves into the seams of reality on their quest for heroics. I appreciate their enthusiasm and zeal, and yet I know they will lose much if they are careless. We stand between The Elders and Madness, and through these trials we now face, we find the key to our ascension.

The Matron ☼
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper