Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Trap Nightmare Tutorial

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dina

Trap Nightmare Tutorial

Post by Dina »

When it comes to trapping, I feel like I am a pro at it. I can take in thousands easily (if I have the motivation). Now that my Trap Nightmare is in the 80s, I trap Agonights by myself; however, before that I would take a dreamer with me like Krodoc or Pure Rage.

At lower levels of Trap, Your best bet is to go after Emphants, then as you raise the art, you can move up. The way Trap Nightmare works, is that whatever the health the mare has at the time you Trap it, that will be the strength of the essence. Emphants at full are worth 11, Bogroms are worth 55, Agonights are worth 110. Shams are 250, I have yet to get one at full, but I have trapped one as high as 120ish or a bit higher. Horrons, DarkMares, and DayMares are not able to be trapped.

I am going to talk about the areas that I like to Trap, you may have your own, but this is just my guide.

1. Trap Beginners (learn to 39 and possibly 40ish)
Your best way to level up your art is just going around Threshway. You wont be able to get a Bogrom for a few plats unfortunately. You can try and maybe get one, but then you are just losing lots of Resilience. You have to do this the smart way to conserve your Resilience.

Note: Make sure you have these on hand: Chamele alteror, Resilience elemens (I save mine up, I will use any kind of Resilience elemens, low or high), blade or flame. and Dreamsoul. You can Chamele and Trap Nightmare will NOT break your Chamele!

At level 40 you can move onto bogroms, but it will be tough still, till you hit 50 Trap Nightmare.

2. LOST CAVES---Simple route and easy to follow
Umbric Cavern then go left once you enter...
Northeast Cave
East Cave
South East Cave
Filmador's Passing
*tip- When I walk into the room, go directly left to the corner. They seem to spawn around there 90% of the time.
Barok's Cave
The Cavern Of Spirits
Starlight Cavern

Then I just go backwards towards the front, taking the same route.

I have a great route below for this Plane it has Emphants and lots of Bogroms for level 40+. It is a bit difficult at first, but once you get the route down, it is very easy to follow.

3. EDGEWARD BARROWS---
Start in Threshway
Low Road
Gold Sanctuary South turn right to Dark Road
Gold Sanctuary East
Road of Sorrow South
Road of Sorrow North
The Ring Of Passage
The Broken Steps go across
Lake Of Tears

Go to the invisible entrance in the blood water that is all the way to the right and towards to the back to get to Cavern of Tears
Little Cave
Cave Road
Light Road
and then turn back around and go through the same portal
The Barrows, jump out of there then go to the left portal
Lake Of Tears South West
Lake Of Tears North West
, turn around and go back a couple rooms to go back to The Barrows and go straight
Earth Sanctuary Road
Earth Sanctuary South West
Earth Sanctuary South East
The Crossroads
go straight across
Gold Sanctuary North
Road of Sorrow
Road of Sorrow South
Road of Sorrow North
then go left and start your route again going to the same way you did before, if you want to go get the Emphants at the start of the route, just go get them then start over.

Next will be Agoknights, I go to Chasm of Souls because there are many there or you could go to CoD. You need a high Trap for this, I would say 70, possibly 60, but it is worth more getting Bogroms. When my Trap Nightmare was 70, I took a friend or my husband Krodoc with me. He would hit them with his blade then at weakened, I started to Trap them. This can take a lot of Resilience! Just a fair warning, but the payout is nice. Your friend will need to know when to hit it again if the mare is resisting. If they are being a pain in the ass, just have them hit it again and Trap. Don't waste too much Resilience! I would make sure they have a level 50 or higher blade. The Gatekeeper bonus really helps with this.

4. CHASM OF SOULS---
Edgeward Barrows Exit
Main Road
stay to the right and go down
The Cavern Of Battle
The Midnight Cavern
and go to the right
The Fiery Path
The Little Cave
The Black Cavern
The Lava Pits
then start going back, once to the splits (The Midnight Cavern), go towards Lambent and go up half way
The Black Passage
The Deep Cavern
, go straight then go up the path
Lambent Flats Exit
Go back down path
The Midnight Cavern

Short cut through Sanctuary then go to the right so you sart back at the beginning
Main Road
Edgeward Barrows Exit
, then start all over again.

To me it is much easier having a specific route that you and your helper knows.

5. Shamblix---You will want at least a 70 Trap
My favorite spot to get Shamblix is in Glooms Peak. By the time you can get Shamblix, you should know the place already. I stand up on the ledge, point down and flame that sucker to heavily! Easy Peasy! You wont get hit! Just take at least a Protection alteror with you. You don't want fails! I call this Shamblix Pete and he can be a pain at times, he moves around too much, but it is easy.

The Shamblix in Glooms:
Start from the Gloom Peaks Bridge
Go to the side with the entrance The Fallen Steps
Blood Canyon
then go the right
Wounded Falls, this is the room with the Shamblix, I go down to where the "cliff" is. I position myself then flame.
If you want to know how to position yourself, please seek me out in the City, and I will show you.

6. At level 80
I have started getting Agoknights on my own. I do not use Chamele anymore like I used above.
I use the Chasm of Souls route, I take a long a lot of Resilience and Dreamsoul elemens. Depending on your blade and flame level. I use my FlameSear, but even our blade is good for this if it is a high level. If you use your flame, at times you have time to flame it before it gets to you and even a Trap evoke!

Note: You may be able to do above at level 70, I just never tried till 80.

I guess you could go to Ossuary of Dread or Albino Caves, but I just stick to Glooms. Of course there are other places, but again, I stick to Glooms.

TIPS: You have to be in line of sight to get the nightmare. This can be difficult at times since mares have a tendency of moving around. Do remember, if a mare is hit, it can gain vision and your Chamele will be no good. If you have a helper, let them enter the room first because the mare usually goes to the first one entering. There may be times you have to leave the room and let them hit the mare first, to get its attention.

If other SM's have any tips that they want to add to this, please seek me out in the City and I will get it added to this scroll.

Thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say!

DINA~