Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Nightstalkers... Alive?

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sadara

The Nightstalkers... Alive?

Post by Sadara »

An image appears within the plum book that lays on the ground. Though blurry, sound can be heard:

Sadara says, "Nocven!"

Nocven Oneirsom says, "What."

Sadara says, "I want to speak with you... about Ravyn. I know that is who you are looking for."

Nocven says, "Do you know where he is?"

Sadara says, "Can I see you..."

Nocven says, "I am not in your realm of view."

"Rayvn was killed."

"He can not be."

"Novcen... I saw it with my own eyes. Right here in Thresh. Ravyn attacked one of the Dreamers. And Eldryck
dreamstruck him."

"Hoax. Illusion. He can not die. This is not so."

"It was not an illusion this time... Nocven.." Sadara looks down sadly at the tile. " I am sorry."
Nocven says, "Its not possible. Death is not something we are familiar with, it doesnt happen. Ravyn did not die."

Nocven then begins to explain, "Let me explain something to you. We are immortal, because we have no soul. So there could not, have been a Soul Essence as you describe. Do you bleed?" Sadara nods gently. " We do not. We have no blood."

Sadara says, "So... what would happen if Rayvn were to get Dreamstruck? Would he.. be able to come back?"

Nocven says, "If he chose to, because it couldnt have landed. Precision illusions."

Sadara says, "What if I told you I have his Soul Essence?"

"It contains no soul."

"What does it contain...?"

"Nothing."

Pure Rage, and North Wind enter into the Lost Caves and join the conversation at this point.

Nocven says, "Do you trust me for a moment Sadara. Just a single moment." Sadara nods. Sadara feels a bite on her shoulder and screams aloud as she sees blood trickling down her arm from two small holes.

Nocven says, "Now abjure me."

Rage says, "So you trust us, then. Because now you're vulnerable."

Nocven says, "And even now, as you could attack me, I could be defeated yes. But I can not be killed."

Sadara says, "Is there a chance that... Rayvn can be... summoned or resummoned with the Soul Essence?"

Nocven says, "That is like asking if a bird can be summoned or resummoned from an empty egg shell."

Sadara nods to Nocven, "Is there a chance that you can summon him?"

Nocven says, "If I could summon him. I would have already. He is likely stuck in a conduit again."

Rage says, "So he's claimed, many times. But he was Struck and hasn't been seen since, nor have his pet mares, that I'm aware of."

Nocven says, "Is the conduit Bladeslayer still around?"

Rage says, "From time to time."

Nocven says, "Then Ravyn still exists."

Rage says, "Ah...well then. He must be stuck inside Blade. Would explain his outburst, last we saw him."

Nocven explains, "Ravyn was using Bladeslayer, if Bladeslayer is still around, and he has been seen after this "event" involving my brother, then Ravyn is as I said, not dead. Ravyn uses illusions of dreamers quite regularly. Its how he toys with inhabitants of these Citys. Foolish really."

Sadara brushes her hair behind her ear, "There was like 5 Ironies..."

Nocven says, "This is all Ravyn's doing. He is not dead. I need to find Bladeslayer so I can remove my brother from within."

North says, "So Edlryck is going to die and he didnt even kill Ravyn? Lame.

Sadara says, "Not on my watch..." and winks to North. -{S}