Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ The Hydra ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ The Hydra ☼

Post by Tentacle »

Dear Reader:

Reality shifts and turns. The time draws near that I will walk a different path. I am not the first to have reached this point, nor will I be the last. Some will have no chronicle of their course; I will not suffer such a fate.

I have spent time in study with dreamers of each focus. Some of them have names and stations which you, the reader, might easily recognize. However, all have been observed during this period of training. One might ask why I would do this, why would I not merely pick. I had considered this method. I have left here for you, dear reader, a collection of my opinions for you to ruminate over. Before we reach that point, I will tell you of my path.

As I become a hydra, I have to consider what second head I would manifest. My path will be like no other because of my link to The Elsewhere and the Primordial. This understanding has led me to believe I am destined to control the pathways of Reality itself. What more extraordinary gates could there be to keep? There are unseen but powerful connections all around us. Some of these connections are limited to a single reality, but not all of them. I know all too well the immense willpower one must have to withstand the madness these connections can manifest. I have witnessed the tremendous force of self that is required to fight the fever found Elsewhere. It is born of knowing how little I know that I must master these roads. I must train myself in strange new ways to master moving through all realms, doing all that I can to master the secrets they contain.

Not everyone will have such a purpose motivating their path. Though, I hope that you will choose a more profound route, reader. There is excitement and trepidation when we approach picking a second focus. I would encourage all dreamers to blend the practical and the profound. Go into the process with an open mind about yourself. Weigh the full measure of who you are, all of your experiences as an awakened entity, and top it off with an ostentatious dream of who you might yet become.

DreamSeer:

Some might have thought this an obvious path for the Soulmaster or Mistress to take. It certainly has its advantages. Were I of a mind to peer into the fabric of Reality itself, to truly focus on the illusions of such: DreamSeer would be a seductive path. The Transmutation masters and oneiromancers of Reality would be truly fearsome if they mastered this path.

FateSender:
Let madness fuel you! To walk the path of primordial fire and water is to invite disaster or immense power. Those deciding on this path for themselves ought to dedicate time to martial skill. In combining these two paths, the student must have an outlet for their volatile expressions. If they train themselves to direct this inherent volatility, they could devastate a battlefield or render a foe mad before a confrontation is even an option.

GateKeeper:
By combining the paths of Soulmaster and Gatekeeper, one manifests a terrifying resolve. One need not be bothered by so many things when they realize how insignificant most things indeed are—turning this understanding, this brutal logic, against one's detractors. One may even stand as a mercenary or knight and suffer the slings and arrows which would strike others down. The power of raw determination, immovable object, an unstoppable force, brought together in a single entity.

The Matron ☼
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper