Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ Heart Guardian ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ Heart Guardian ☼

Post by Tentacle »

I am a proponent of the theory that all realities have their place, and, though damaged by the Clash, they can be stabilized and even thrive. It was with this information in mind that I entered the Lightless Hollow. While in the Lightless Hollow, I appealed to Morvant. In keeping with my understanding, one reality did not have to suffer for another to thrive. I expressed to him that I would do all I could to bring parity to the Realities, including investigating the Heart. Knowing what I do of the Heart across different realities, the Heart may be a crucial component of stability. Having finished my theory and speaking of my pledge, Morvant presented me with the opportunity to go to the Heart itself.

While at the Heart, while I was bonding with it, Morvant disclosed a grave misjudgment he had made. To sustain the Lightless Hollow, he had attempted to remove the Heart from its chamber. When Morvant tried this, Morvant broke it. That is all he said; he broke it.Turning my attention back to the Heart, I quickly wove a portion of my tether to the Primordial into a thin and resilient cage. Using this energetic mesh, I permeated the Heart with a steady and sustaining connection to the Primordial. The first act, in likely what will be many, if the Realities are to be supported. I am a Guardian of the Heart, even if I do not have a Club.

I share this information only because of a boisterous and pernicious minority. All awakened creatures have a relationship to the Heart, regardless of their acknowledgment of such. While bureaucracy is content to tell themselves they are the only reliable option, I continue on my path. I appreciate and respect the claims they would make for themselves. However, I know my direction and purpose. If the Council insists on giving great weight to spurious correlations, then they only further convince me that they are not acting in the best interest of reality. Upon an illusion of blood, they began to circulate the dubious claim the Heart was bleeding out. They went on to try and find other erroneous correlations when Silk Nuvas uttered a single statement about the Heart.

I have been to The Elsewhere. Dreamers, by and large, have relatively little imagination for what lies elsewhere. If you are so rattled and sent to frothing my illusionary displays and a cleverly placed phrase, there will be to end to the collective gullibility. Liolira further told me that the civil interrogation I was facing was because it must be determined if I am a friend or foe. What a cretinous statement. I am a foe to no one, except those who would hound me with such inane balderdash.

The status of my friendship, whoever is looking to find an issue with me or my words, is absolutely no consequence to you. I will walk upon a field of the broken bodies of awakened Dreamers and Dark Ones alike if that is what it took to sustain the Realities and mend what the Clash has sundered.

Good Day.

The Matron -=(* *)=-
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper