Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Au Courant

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Koriania
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Koriania

Au Courant

Post by Koriania »

Dreamer's Au Courant

Welcome to the Dreamer's Au Courant, a (roughly) bi-weekly newspaper covering major events and changes within the city.

We are back after a brief hiatus. If you would like to assist with the publication of the paper, please contact Koriania.

Eldryck Venym
Written by Ironies II

After the striking of Koriania and restoring her back to normal from the strike of Eldryck the city joined together and organized in secret using codex, a known form of communication Eldryck cannot hear, and met together to make Eldryck pay for his crimes. Leaders of all open houses met in the Chimeric Decree to discuss Eldryck. With the crimes that Eldryck committed against the city the houses decided it was time for him to pay for his crimes and be expelled from the city. With Eldryck being the Guardian of the Heart of the City that bond had to be broken. Research on the heart was conducted using Arnaya’s notes as well as a set of scrolls held by the Keepers that would bring an answer to find a way to get the heart to reject Eldryck as the Guardian of the Heart. The first step was to create a city ID which every house gathered in Chimeric each bringing their house primes to the meeting each created a placeholder ID token then shattered it to direct its energy to the ID in the center. This transformed the token into one that represented the will of the entire city. Using Translocation Rods created by Sadara and a few assistants and the hearts energy that she donated to Starfall to use to create a way to the center of the city.

With everyone gathered in the Provenance the translocation rods were placed and the rods calibrated redirecting the portal in the fountain to go to the center. Once there Starfall placed her hand on the heart and repeated the charges against Eldryck. The names of dreamers Eldryck had hurt were spoken and others added their own stories speaking to the heart. The ruler and those around placed a hand on the heart and demote was evoked letting the heart know the desires of those around. Everyone was invited to touch the heart and pledged to take personal responsibility for the safety of the heart of the city. We would all bear the burden in Eldryck’s place. As this was happening Eldryck’s voice could be heard imploring everyone to recognize his good deeds he has done. He was wanting his good deeds to make up for the harms he had done to others. The heart accepted the token and the energy everyone offered and pulled elemental energy from everyone there then it expelled everyone from the room. At that point, a loud crack was heard throughout the dream and a wave of Dark Mares attacked. Which the dreamers took up the charge to protect the city as they promised.

The club has recently been found in the dream and with the help of the oracle the club chose Dumah, Guardian of House Calenture, as the wielder of the club. With this, he has learned the art of dreamstrike and displays the red ring on his sphere crest. More details are coming on this as the days go on.

Meet the Dreamer
Written by Mugsaith

Welcome to meet the dreamer, where every month I will sit down with a dreamer of our city to get to delve into what makes them tick. Over the past month his name has been on everyone's tongues, even if we don’t completely know how to pronounce it. Ethor Frilg, our new head of teaching and resident half-giant. Master Ethor was kind enough to sit down with me and keep me awake during a recent Dreamseer Guild meeting. He is a man of intimidating stature and each time he would nod that big head of his I was reminded of a boulder tumbling from theside of the cliff. Despite this however, his mannerism is that of a kind uncle with a bit of aspeech impediment.

M: “Let's start with what drew you to the city. You are a new face to us, but with your knowledge of our teaching ways you are certainly no newlie! When did you first connect with our city andwhat draws you back?”

E: “Well sir, the waken place I’m from teachin is'nt really a thing ya see. But catching onta things quick to survive is, so that helped me a lot. When I got tha ability ta reach my home city I guessya'd call it teachin was something that really got me goin. It was diffr'nt and challengin so I put my all inta it. When our version of what Akkadian is ta ur city talked ta me a bit he offered me an apprenticeship ta be assistant to the teachin leaders of other cities much like yer apprentice system here for regular teachers.”

M: “Well then this place indeed must feel pretty new to you still then. I know you've been busy with meetings and everyone's questions. Have you had any time to enjoy the city? Find any areas that really speak to you?”

E: “Yessir I met some folks on the Umbric plane, and comin here. I understand most teachers like ta stick to places like libraries but I like ta explore around a bit. I guess you could say I am an explorer at heart. It helps ya learn peoples situations and feel and experience what they do, and that helps a lot in the teaching realm.”

M: “Can you offer our readers a bit of advice? Whether it be as a teacher or student?”

E: “Hmm I reckon I'd tell em to embrace the things they love, and find ways to grow in those areas when being taught. Don't be scared ta tell yer teachers the kinda thing ya like, and the teachers to try and find out what their students like so they can be as successful as possible, sir.”

M: “Great advice indeed, something me and Lio were just chatting about. And my final question for you today. You are a BIG man! How much dreamsoul does it take to craft a new pair of shoes for feet that big?”

*Ethor has a large chuckle at this and the room seems to reverberate*
E: “Well Id say a bucketload, f'sure.”

M: “Maybe two! Thank you Ethor for your time and I hope this gives folks in our city a warm introduction to you.”

And there you have a warm, simple conversation with our new Teaching Master. I found it easy to talk to Ethor, but I have to say I did sense something deeper under that mass of his. When he spoke of teaching his eyes seemed to burn and I suspect even with his laughs and gentle disposition Ethor will take his role very seriously.

Thank you for reading along with this month’s Meet the Dreamer. If you have suggestions on who I should sit down with next, by all means let me know. Until then dream safe, and dream well.

Other Snippets
Dreamers of Light
While we were away, the Au Courant missed the opening of the city's fifth house, the Dreamers of Light. Rulers Krodoc and Harkyn have posted the tenets of the house elsewhere on these scrolls, and members can likely be reached for any who'd like to know more. Their proud home sits atop Mt Illapse.

Focal artifacts
The SoulMaster's guild was successful in forging the Unbroken Flow, a font of resilience for use by dreamers. Work on repairing the Knowing Glass (the DreamSeer artifact) begins anew. The Thought in Stone (GateKeeper) and the Everglow (FateSender) remain in progress.

WordSmith Guild
Inducting new members Koriania, Mandus, and Seveiron before re-marking prior members Starfall and Magnilia, the wordsmith's guild is growing strong. Look for their work to continue throughout the city. Seek out those members or other existing members, Sadara, Tember, and Princess Rivin if you have any questions.

Leftover Dreamer Essences and Nightmare Eggs
Dina of the Dreamers of Light is leading an effort to locate and remove dreamer essences which empower the nightmares and any eggs that are brooding within the city. Seek her out for more details of her plan.

Ravyn Morpheus Update
Ballaster of House Calenture wields the Blade of Light designed to cut through Ravyn's invulnerability. Ravyn himself has been seen rarely. Of greater note is the Dreamer Bladeslayer who is returned to the city in a chaotic and broken state after finding and dueling Ravyn somewhere outside the city. Bladeslayer and several darkmares show signs of corruption related to Ravyn's tampering.

Temple of the Abundant Soul
The Temple meets to keep an eye on new and existing entities of the dream. They will communicate, rehabilitate, or anything else required to keep tabs on and appropriately deal with these entities. For a record of their meetings and endeavors, please seek out Sadara.

Standing Meetings
  • Sundays at 7pm: FreeSpirit Meeting in the FreeSpirit Sanctuary on Edgeward Barrows (the Earth Sanctuary)
  • Wednesdays at 7pm: Temple of the Abundant Soul
  • Thursdays (biweekly) at 7pm: Study Hall in the Main Library
  • Fridays (biweekly) at 7pm: SoulMaster's Guild
  • Fridays (biweekly) at 7pm: DreamSeer's Guild
  • Saturdays at 7pm: Alliance of the Eclipse House Meeting
  • Saturdays at 7:30pm KoES house meeting
  • Other standing meetings will need to be reconfirmed before being added to this scroll.
Photograph Submissions
If you'd like to submit an area or photograph for consideration, please contact Koriania.

This week’s photograph was taken by Harkyn. It depicts BladeSlayer in his corrupted form.

If you'd like to contribute articles, events, or other ideas for the paper, please contact Koriania.