Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Unbroken Flow - Forge Improvement Step 1

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Starfall
Dreamer

The Unbroken Flow - Forge Improvement Step 1

Post by Starfall »

I write this now as Drizzt Do'urden is no longer available to do so.

The Guardians of Soul met on 1/8/21 to discuss the tools needed to construct an artifact of this magnitude. An initial attempt at tools was made by Sadara and Drizzt, but once the final designs were presented, we all quickly realized that we were moving in different directions from one another. So the entire guild, with me as a guest, put our heads together to come up with new ones.

We decided upon a set of items that "flow": water, blood, energy, music, words. We would start with the base objects, or objects that represent them, and then draw the very concept of "flow" out of them into a coherent talisman of its own.

The group adjourned to procure the items.

On 1/11, we met again in a special meeting of the Guardians of Soul.

This time we set about actually producing the Unbroken Flow. Sadara led the group in song, while Drizzt did the actual forging. For each of the provided items, an orb of water, a donation of energy, and so on, we drew the "flow" out of each object, using it as both inspiration and material for Drizzt's work.

At the end, we had a partially functioning "Contained Flow" that acted like a mold for the item to set within.

We elected to wait a couple weeks for that process to complete and at the next full meeting of the Guardians of Soul, we cracked open the container.

Inside was the Unbroken Flow, exactly as I had imagined it. I am grateful to all who participated. Thank you so much for taking this step.

_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison