Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Reflections on Teaching

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Reflections on Teaching

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

For a task, I was asked to reflect on my feelings of teaching over the years.

The task asked for my favorite student, which I have had many over the years.

My favorite students fall into two categories - ones who are willing to throw themselves into a task to get the most out of it, and those who surprise me by going in an entirely different direction.

There are many examples of both - but I will actually pick on a specific dreamer for a report that really impressed me.

Rasputin's report for a forge plateau is one that sticks out to me. His report was completely open and honest. The forge project he presented revolved around a kingfisher. He spoke at length about the reason he chose that bird, and he articulated the significance of the kingfisher in a very open way. This willingness to be open and to give everything into the report impressed me. As a stand-alone task, I think that was one of my favorite reports I have ever taken as an observer and as a teacher.

As for how teaching has changed, I think we have gotten away from busy work, and moved more towards either learning or meaningful outcomes. Dreamers are more willing to think and work - which is a nice change from the "jump up and down 30 times" task I once received, long - long ago.

OfF