Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Lost Seas Expediton - Version Dumah

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dumah
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Dumah, Chaz II

The Lost Seas Expediton - Version Dumah

Post by Dumah »

So first things first, sorry to any I forget to mention by name, it is difficult for me to recall even the order in which the following adventures in the Lost Seas took place, so I'm going to list those I can here, those who took part in, or just watched: Nmoto, Anyasha, Sadara, Pinhook, North Wind, Restel, Tember, Ballaster, Off Kilter, Kelos, Nathan, Drizzt Do'urden, Koriania, Sixx, and Em'et.

Well then, by the time the Lost Seas had opened, we were already receiving strange whispers in our head, many of which seemed to be coming from the entity called the Darkness, while some seemed to be a little more benign. I asked Sadara and Harmony if we could all do a seance to try and summon the spirit of the whispers. When we finished, the Veiled Woman made her appearance, and any time she spoke, her words were contradicted by whispers on the wind, she went to the shrine portal in the Lost Seas Temple and opened it for us with some water trick. Placed an orb of chaos on the pedestal inside, apologized and disappeared. Later on, through some words of hers, and the Lost Seas Library, we were able to determine she was involved with putting down a civil war between her and some House members, she represented the Greens, the opposition, Blues. Now there was also some issues with one who lays claim to the Temple, Cova Esquire, who did not make the greatest of first impressions. Angry at the theft of his blade, he threatened many with a fate of being trapped in a magical prison that exists within his Lantern. Later on he met with the Veiled Woman, whom we called Priestess, although she seemingly had not met him until that point, I imagine she was a historic figure to him or some such. But it appears they both very much despised the Darkness. Now here I am having difficulty remembering where certain fights in the Lost Seas took place, but I do recall being there for them, especially the Revenant fight, which left painful, chakky reminders.. But anyway, one day while in the Temple, Anyasha asked if I could use an Ivunsasu essence and mix it with one of my Amulets to try and have the portal to the Path of Power let us through, as Ivunsasu had been freely going through the portals that weren't spinning. With help from those in the room, using resilience to make the Essence malleable, and Will of course, we successfully made an amulet that made the portal pull us through, and started spinning shortly after. The Veiled Woman came around, was stll affected by contradicting whispers when she spoke, there were also an increasing number of statues appearing within the room, people she had to punish it seems. There was another day where we wished to open the Lower Palisades portal in Path of Power, we used the same method as before, Ballaster being the one to make the Amulet this time, now it did just take us to the Sanctuary there, but it was nice having a portal there that didn't involve trying to get through the hidden one on Illapse. By this time, the whispers surrounding the Veiled Woman had ceased, and she was able to speak freely now. Although as I do still have suspicions about the Lost Seas Temple and their members I felt it would be nice to have the perspective of someone else that could tell us more about them, so going on an idea Nathan had suggested a while back, we attempted to free one of the statue prisoners, certain details of he method elude me, but I do recall Ballaster and I assisting with the Earth element portion, helping the stone to fall off, and out of it came a man covered in blood and dirt, he quickly stumbled into the Guardian Lounge portal. And it seems he did not wish to come out, so later I asked Drizzt Do'urden to forge a Beacon that was powerful enough to ring out across a plane, I did want to put the beacon right outside the portal where the former statue had stumbled into, but there was a Shamblix in the hall being restored by a stave, and although the effect goes both ways, it is quite difficult to work when you're being shot in the face, also we'd have to keep reapplying protectives just to not be afflicted by Curse and Paralyze. So we put the beacon on the front of the facade of the Temple, and using lucidity to make the signal ring clear, and a Seer's winds to help carry the signal further, and then we hit the beacon, and it did indeed ring out. Was quite entrancing. Although there was no response, so we just left it there, thinking the man just needed more time to recover, a week later when we tried it again, there was no Shamblix, so were able to put the beacon right on the side of the portal to the Guardian's Lounge as was originally intended, this time, we had Soulmasters holding water from the pool over the portal, to enhance the strength of the signal, and this time hit the beacon with a big Kinesis mallet, this time we saw someone new appear, not one of the statues, but a woman in a blue outfit, Mya... Something or other.. There was some discussion, basic curiosity, and then the Veiled Woman came in, things between the two women was tense at first, but they made peace, and are now trying to restore their Temple through gems that may be found throughout the dream. I asked about the guy from the statue, apparently stlll recovering. But it seems at the very least the Temple are enemies of Chaos and the Darkness, they wish to bring Order to the Darkness. As for the whispers, they appear to be gone, and while it is difficult to determine any identity behind strange whispers we sometimes hear, it would make sense that Darkness was trying to control the Veiled Woman, and the whispers were either her actual self trying to assert control or vice-versa, and it does seem fairly probably that most whispers emanating from the areas which are under Darkness' control, the Lower Palisades for example, are in fact, from the Darkness itself. But again, not a lot of evidence, mostly instincts and analyses. This is where a good writer would end with some wonderful summarization that makes the reader think deeply about themselves and the world around them, let's pretend I did that.
~Dumah - Angel of Death - Grand Marshall of the Templars of Light