Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Alder

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sadara

Alder

Post by Sadara »

My Father... a promise I've made to myself and him was to awaken him. Bring him completely out of his slumber. Bring him into the city, and learn from him. The wisdom that he could give to us. That is why I believe with aid from others we can accomplish this!

Stage 1: Locate and Contain Alder's memories from within the Dreamscape around the City.
Cairn, Upper Illapse, and Gloom Peaks are the three areas that have previously been mentioned in Arnaya's notes to have brief senses of Alders essence. In each area is where I believe hold fragments of my fathers memory. To begin, we will first tap into the Dreamscape itself, that will take a great amount of energy and concentration from those present. It is similar to a spirit form of ones self. A technique that Magnilia taught me. Once within such a form, we can retrieve the fragment and contain it thusly.

Stage 2: Infusion of Memories.
Alder from several occasions of awakening, has shown that he needs blood to sustain a brief moment coherently. This stage will require the making of blood, a mixture of 2 parts Resilience, 2 parts Insight, 3 parts Willpower, 2 parts Lucidity, and 4 parts Dreamsoul. This mixing will take place within the Primordial Breach within the SoulWell. From there the procedure to infuse the memories within the blood will take place within Pedantical Lab, within the Lost Caves.

Stage 3: Transfusion of Blood into Alder.
Transfusing the blood into Alder will be tricky, as we will need to be cautious of his state, doing this slowly as well as being cautious of our surroundings will be very important. Alder may or may not stir during this time, lash out due to memories being infused.

With these steps Alder may awaken. I'm hoping he will. -{S}
Sadara

Alder: Stage 1

Post by Sadara »

Monday, November 2, 2020
Stage 1 Memory Search: Upper Illapse

• Sadara giggles, "Alright first step." She takes a large staff out of her bag and sets it down on the ground, she begins to turn dials on the staff, setting it to, Dreamsoul. Ballaster nods and readies himself. Sadara goes into her bag and takes a Sensor Device, and places it on her ring, she presses a few buttons. Ballaster takes his device and puts it on. Sadara says, "Alright Bally, press the second button on your sensor." Ballaster presses the second button on the sensor. Sadara presses the button on her device again, as it lights up and begins to beep. Sadara smiles warmly as she moves around the room and tries to get a signal, "Alright so when you are close to what appears to be a read of intense Dreamsoul or energy we will enter into the Dreamscape." Sadara says, "Itll beep like crazy once you got something." Ballaster nods
At this point Sixx also has joined us.
  • Sadara says, "Here take this! Unless you are not here for the memory search?" Sixx says, "I am!" Ballaster smiles at Sixx. Sadara says, "And this staff is just setting the room with a Dreamsoul scanner." Sadara then says, "And I appreciate you coming as well both of you..." Sixx fidgets with the scanner device. Sadara says, "I know its kinda last minute... and" Sadara sighs. Sixx says, "How can we help?" Sadara says, "Anyways, the sensor will beep when you get a high energy reading." Sixx fumbles the scanner. Sadara then says, "Press the second button on the scanner!" Ballaster taps his on the side. Sixx presses some buttons and looks around. Sadara says, "And then move around the room and see if you can get a beep, itll beep crazy when you got a large reading."
After searching within Tiraths Pit, Padeas Pit, having Drizzt, Ducky, North Wind, and Pin show up to aid when we heard this.

The device begins to beep weakly as it enters a crack in the wall in the direction of the solitude pits.

We all went to the Forgotten Grotto and within we searched again.
  • Ducky plants the device in the middle of the room and makes sure its set to dreamsoul.
    The beeps eminating from the device begin to grow louder and faster. Sixx holds his scanner towards the Gloom Peak portal. Ducky looks around. Drizzt Do'Urden pokes into a promising looking crevice. Blood oozes from the crevice Drizzt Do'Urden poked at, the from other cracks in the walls. Ducky says, "Dad, ya broke it!" Sixx looks over to Drizzt. Drizzt says, "Oh well, thats a result I suppose." Sadara giggles to Drizzt, "Oh goodness... actually..." Ducky grabs the device and brings it closer to her father. Sadara moves her device over near Drizzt and the crevice, she taps her device. The blood begins to siphon to the center of the room slowly, it pools up. Drizzt Do'Urden hold out his device and pushes the button, running it over the oozing blood. Sixx steps out of the center. Ducky says, "Not sure if thats good or bad..." Sadara watches the blood and runs over near the middle, "Bally you got a signal?" Ballaster shakes his head and says, "I think mine is broke." The blood begins to bubble and froth, it seems as if its trying to take form but lacks the energy to do so.
And so everyone there decided to give their energy so see the scene while Ballaster was ready with the container, everyone channeled their Willpower into the blood and the scene transpired:
The figure of a man stands to one side, and the group of dreamers faces him. The man seems to be shouting and pointing at the group, while they shake their fists and shout back at him. The whole scene seems very frantic.

From there the blood became brittle and shattered forming a globe filled with blood.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Memory Search: Gloom Peaks

The search began with the overview of the plan. With some new faces coming by to aid, Em'et, Starfall, Aketo, Koriania, and Drizzt. Sixx also arriving later on to help.

The search began in the Blood Hall.
  • Sadara says, "Alright you can set down the device and set it to Dreamsoul!" Aketo presses the button on his sensor ring and awkwardly swaps hands to tune Elemental Sensor. Starfall says, "Up here Kori." Sadara giggles lightly to Aketo. Em'et says, "Hang on. This isn't Blood Falls. This is the Blood Hall." Koriania grumbles a bit, lifting her boots. Sadara says, "Well close enough, we are going to search a few other rooms." Em'et mutters, "I liked the last room better, I didn't step in muck. As much!" Drizzt Do'Urden says, "We need to be systematic." Sadara says, "This one I believe will set a good precedent, for the device, and then we will head down to the Mystic Tunnel." Aketo flips the switch with a fair amount of uncertainty and turns a dial. Drizzt Do'Urden brings his search, poking fingers into holes whenever he sees one. Em'et mutters, and presses the second button, listening for beeps! Starfall presses the second button on the device. Sadara taps her device as she listens and moves around the room. Aketo steps back and holds the sensor out in front of him, holding it in his thumb and forefinger.
At that moment Koriania and I were hit with what seemed to be a pain aura. I decided against investigating further in that room and heading to the Falls themselves. There we proceeded and this time were all Mind Blanked and Un-Mind Blanked. We proceeded to the next room over Uther's Crossing, where we were all set with Recall unprecedented. It was at this point I felt that we were on the right track and we continued. Into the Fallen Steps we were all set with Meditate. Within the Blood Canyon Drizzt, Starfall, Aketo, and Em, were all Paralyzed. My mind had set itself to the Mystic Tunnel, however within the Wounded Falls all of us were hit with a barrage of the same arts, Mind Blank, Recall, Meditate, Paralyze, and Pain Aura. At this point Sixx had arrived and was hit with Paralyze as well. Then we heard:

The roar of the wounded falls grows in volume, somehow echoing in this large chamber...

I decided that we proceed further into the Tunnel, however there was nothing within the Tunnel as I had insisted so we proceeded back to the Wounded Falls and saw this:

A small object parts the liquid of the falls as it surges down the liquid, falling to the ground below with a muffled clutter.

This is what it was:
The Harrowed Grimore
Tightly bound in harrow bark, this book contains entirely blank pages. A faint haze always surrounds it, obscuring its cover and back. Glittering forest lettering across its cover spell inscrutable words, lost in the haze. A faint, fictile scent pervades the text.

After some discussion and Nathan arriving as well this is what happened.
  • The book's pages shimmer, shining mirror-like, reflective.
    Sadara says, "Well with this lets see about that next room over, if there is nothing I believe we can call th--" Em'et blinks a bit. Aketo squints at the book. Starfall says, "I wonder if they will have words in Harrow." Em'et says, "Who's got it?" Sadara looks down at the book and places it on the ground. A hazy image of Sadara stares out of the book, looking directly at Sadara, a faint frown on the copy's face. Aketo watches silently. Sixx looks over and winces. Em'et scratches his head, looking between Sadara and book. Sadara tilts her head as she looks at the mirrored image of herself, a curious expression on her face. Drizzt Do'Urden watches the exchange with a raised eyebrow. Sadara looks around the room, "Is... that..." she looks back at the book with a more curious expression. The mirrored image of Sadara does not copy her tilted head. Instead, it turns away. And walks into the distance, into the pages of the book, vanishing entirely. The pages shimmer once more, returning to slightly yellowed parchment.
From there after a short discussion as to what we saw what it could mean and so on, we proceeded to Larrod's Retreat were we didnt find anything there and we ended the search.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Memory Search: Cairn of Sorrow

The search began within the Mt. Illapse Exit of Cairn. With North Wind, Ballaster, Sixx, Koriania, Starfall, Anyasha, and Eldryck Venym in attendance to help.
We started in North West Meditation Hall:
  • Ballaster taps his sensor and starts to move about the room. Sixx searchs in the water. North Wind turns hers on and checks near the portals. Starfall pushes the button on their sensor. Eldryck Venym holds his device out and listens intently. Sadara brushes her hair behind her ear and looks around corners, poking at crevices along the wall.
From there we moved to The Spike Temple, then to the Decoravtive Hall, then into the Lower Palisades where again not much was sensed. All the way until we reached Goril's Room. Within there was this:

A crushed vine, it appears to be extremely delicate but in touching is strong and ageless.

So I took this as the last piece of the puzzle in this long journey. Nothing still sensed, with a quick investigation inside Anelinde's Prison. Within however there was a corner of the room that gave off Invisibility:
  • Sadara looks to Eldryck as he fades in and out and blinks. Sadara says, "Am I seeing things?" Sixx taps his device and scans the spining device. Eldryck says, "Something over here is doing it to me. Come stand here. Its not me. Honest." Sixx scans Eldryck. Sixx went over and also began to fade in and out of transparency, I also went over and began to get the same art placed on me. After some disscussion of what it could it be we were all hit with Peace Aura, then..

Sixx says, "Theres a prime on the floor." Sadara says, "Is that AoE's Prime?" Sixx says, "Thats what it looks like." Eldryck says, "Well color bemused." Sadara giggles and rests her hands on her hips as she looks sort of flabbergasted and says, "Alright.." Eldryck then says, "Who brought that and dropped it?" Sadara then says, "Umm... I guess we take it bac--" Starfall says, "No one from the alliance was here."
With a quick Distress Call, Zahra Haqi came down.
  • Zahra says, "The prime?" Eldryck says, "Zahra, we need to return this, Fin Marda will be quite displeased, though what it has to do with Alder it beyond me, and I think a point of conversation Sadara. Zahra, place your hand in mine." Eldryck Venym extends his hand. Zahra says, "If that's the real prime..." Eldryck says, "Please we must return it." Eldryck Venym looks at Zahra, a hint of desperation on his face. Zahra Haqi looks at him a moment. "Heaven forgive me..." and takes it. Eldryck Venym lifts the prime. Starfall says, "Zahra, drizzt is in gloom peaks." Sadara says, "What the fu..." Eldryck says, "Come Zahra. We have to take this to the Center, to cleanse it." Zahra says, "Whoa, hold on, why to the Center?" Eldryck says, "Because, its at the Center where every thing begins."
And with that they went to the Center. And the search ended with Cik attacking. -{S}
Sadara

Alder: Stage 2

Post by Sadara »

Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Stage 2 Blood Making: SoulWell
  • Sadara nods to Dumah, "Alright I guess we will get started here. Ill go over the plan of action of whats we are going to be doing tonight and answer any questions. FIrst off thank you all for coming." Starfall nods. Seveiron nods listening. Starfall says, "Of course. What can we do?" Sadara says, " "So tonight we will be making blood for Alder. Who's Alder yall know the tree... yea." Sadara giggles. Seveiron chuckles and smiles at Sadara as he listens. Sadara continues, "One of his main things is needing blood, so that what we will be doing, how its going to happen is with this Soulwell, it will be the foundation of the blood. A catalyst for the energies. I have here on me..." Sadara counts to herself, "2 Lucid, 2 Res, 2 Insight... 3 Willpower, and 4 DS elemens." Sadara continues, "Alright so how this will work is I will split up these elemens that are not DS between the four of us, and gradually we will incorporate each elemen. The reasoning behind why there are more Willpower Elemens than the other four foci is because Alder is well a tree, and Will is earth infused... just a little extra!" Dumah says, "I just assumed it was because Will is clearly the best element." Seveiron laughs. Sadara giggles and says, "Alright so to begin ill place these four DS Elemens in the middle of the SoulWell. And then ill have each of you gradually put in the others as I keep the SoulWell spinning."
Within a few moments Kelos, Sixx, Ballaster, and OfF Kilter joined in. Dumah was delegated the spinner of the mixture due to his fast speeds. And within a few moments the blood was mixed however needed some time to settle its energy levels to fully combine together into a blood.

Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Stage 2 Memory Infusion: Conclave, Laboratory

Prior to the start of the project I gathered the blood from the Soulwell that was created the day before.

Blood:
A large vial of firey blood that glows and shifts in colors, upon different lighting. When moved around the blood appears to be as fluid as water, rigid as the earth, light as the air, and bright red as fire.

• Sadara says, "Tonight we will be infusing the memories that we have gathered into the blood that we made. How this process will go is kinda complicated but it sounds less complicated on paper. We will knead the blood or, spin it with our energies, while adding each memory. Now... each memory..." Sadara places the items on the pedestals. Alders Memory, Crushed Plant, Harrowed Grimoire. Sadara continues, "They vary as you can see." Sadara giggles. Ironies II nods. Sadara says, "The blood will be easy to incorporate so, Ironies you will do that... however you will need to be careful." Seveiron chuckles and says, "Iron busy man tonight." Sadara says, "Make sure it doesnt splash and so on." Ironies II nods and smiles. Sadara hands Ironies, Alders Memory. Sadara continues on, "This plant here, is very brittle and yet... kinda just is very interesting. So to incorporate this one youll need to slowly and carefully cut it piece by piece. And then add it in when the time is right. And since Star you exploded us from the Dream." Sadara giggles, and hands Starfall the Crushed Plant. Starfall laughs. Seveiron laughs. Ironies II chuckles. Starfall says, "Hey, I remember this memory." Sadara giggles, nods and says, "You found it!" Sadara continues on, "Now this book, it... its very interesting and has some... It just doesnt seem like it can incorporate. That is why its not just a book its a Grimoire! Or a magical book... So ill handle this part of infusing the missing pieces from each of the pages." Ludakris smiles at Sadara. Seveiron nods.
Sadara continues to explain to Seveiron and Ludakris, how they will spin the vial of blood using the energies of the Conclave. At this point as well Laieus, Niniel, and Sixx joined.
  • Seveiron takes out a pair of stretchy pants and begin to unbutton his other ones. Sadara says, "Alright everyone ready?" Ludakris smiles and says, "I think so." Ironies II holds his memory and smiles to Sadara his cloak flowing behind him over the water. Seveiron he slides the stretchy pants on and nods to Sadara the back of the pants have letters spelling "Juicy" Ironies II looks a Sev and blinks eyes widening a bit. Sadara nods to Ironies, "Well start spinning when Ironies places the first memory in the vial." Starfall says, "So wait When do I do my thing? You explained them but I don't know if you said where I go" Ludakris makes fists at his side ready to spin this thing. Sadara nods to Star, "After Ironies, and the first spin cycle ends. So once he places the blood in the vial, then its spun, then youll place yours in next." Ironies II smiles at Sadara holding the memory gently. Seveiron lifts his right leg stretching the "JU" Expands a bit and jiggles. Starfall nods. Ironies II looks at Sev and shakes his head thinking he should quit. Seveiron laughs. Sadara nods to Ironies and motion him over. Sadara kneels down and opens the vial carefully and nods to Ironies. Seveiron lifts his left leg the letters "ICY" Expands and jiggles, he puts the leg down slaps his leg and says "I'm Ready" Ironies II takese the red liquid of the memories and starts to slowly pour them in the vial trying to be really careful. Sadara shakes her head to Seve and giggles. Seveiron jogs in place a moment to keep his muscles warmed up ready to go. Ludakris feels he is under dressed for this looking at Seveiron. Ironies II tries to not look at Sev and finishes emptying the memory and places it on the pedastal. Ironies says, "Ok it is done." Sadara nods to Ironies and looks to Sev and sighs, she looks to Luda, "Alright spin time!"
From there the first cycle of spinning commenced and Flower arrived as well.
  • Sadara says, "Alright, Star your up!" Sadara kneels down next to the vial and opens it carefully. Starfall uses their fateslayer to carefully cut the crushed plant into tiny bits to add to the vial. Sadara smiles warmly and nods to Star, "It looks good!" she kneels down next to the vial and closes the top very tightly. Sadara says, "Alrighty, everyone make sure Luda and Seve, arent getting horribly drained." Seveiron keeps the cycle going sweating profusely. Sixx scratches his head looking at a vine emerge from the blood sample. Ironies II drains will into sev and luda to give them the will to keep going and the resilience to stay resilient. Ludakris focuses still on the energy in the room, his arms glowing keeping the spinning going. Sadara smiles warmly and nods, "Alright for this last step I dont need to open the vial again. Just keep it spinning you two!" Sadara takes the Harrowed Grimoire from her bag and opens to an empty page, she draws a glyph on the waters surface next to the vial and another one on the page. Sadara sits down on the steps and looks to the Dreamers, "Alright so everyone keep up the pace of the spinning as well. Use the energies from the conclave. This could... get messy... hopefully not." Ludakris readies himself for messy. Niniel yawns "if you blood somehow spatters everywhere, i'll clean it up, so theres no need to worry" Seveiron nods to sadara as he looks to the others. Sadara giggles and looks back down at the empty page, intensely staring at the empty page as her arms begin to glow, and words begins to spiral from the book an into the vial. Ironies II nods and helps keeps giving power to the two. Ludakris feels his hands shaking a bit as he works to keep the spinning going at a steady pace. Sadara focuses intensely as glyphs seemingly begin to appear around her where she sits, the pages flipping slowly. Laieus takes out his crystaline notes and makes sure to record the Glyphs on them. Sadara looks up at the vial and nods gently as the last page flips and the last letter enters into the vial. Sadara closes the book and places it back in her bag, "Alright one more spin, with vigor!" Seveiron takes all might gives the cycle one more big spin push focusing. Starfall focuses and gives it a good hard spin, but not as hard as in the Lost Caves. The blood in the vial churns at an accelerating pace.
Flower suggested to hum to the blood to keep things calm and merge. And so Sadara began to hum.
  • Sadara relaxes the tension in her neck as she eases up on the energies around the vial, "Alright everyone at a constant pace. Ease up on some of the energies, and help to spin it at a relaxing rhythm." Seveiron slows his spin down to keep a steady pace. Starfall backs off on the spinning. Ludakris slows it down some focusing and getting it to the right speed, he looks at Seveiron to coordinate the pace. Ironies II nods to Sadara as his cloak flows gently behind him lowering his energies a soft glow falls over his cloak. The vial wobbles slightly as the churning starts to become uneven. Flower says, "Careful guys!" Sadara adds more energy to the vial attempting to hit the right spot, "Goodness... a little more energy.." she giggles, "Have to hit the right spot. Flower of Cienn snickers and nods, "I think it was the sudden change a bit, too." Laieus observes the process. Seveiron speeds up just slightly. Ironies II smiles and pushes a little harder to the vial. Ludakris matches Seveirons pace. Flower of Cienn nods all around. Sadara contors her fingers attempting to get the energies back up to slow it back down. The wobbling of the vial begins to wane until it remains near motionless, and buoyed by the flow of energy.
Weathered Vial:
A large vial of fiery blood that glows and shifts in colors. The blood inside seems to shift into different states: fluid as water, rigid as the earth, light as air, and as vibrant as fire. There is an odd scent of old leather and verdant vines to the blood.

From there some interesting things began to happen within the Conclave.

A dreadful moan reverberates from the center of the vial.

Some more discussion occurred when:
  • As the blood in the vial changes states, the air in the room becomes scented strongly as a verdant forest, then immediately to a musty library. Sixx covers his nose. Starfall pauses. Ludakris smells the room. Sadara sniffs the air, "Ok... that... doesnt... that makes.. sense?" Starfall sniffs. Laieus says, "ah, now that's something more in line with what I expected" Laieus chuckles. A dreadful moan echoes out from the vial of blood, and suddenly the scent of the room reverts back to normal.
From there I went to speak with Alder and noticed that the tree began to stir at the presence of the vial, and went back to remaning inert. -{S}