Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Wishbringer the Darkmare

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Sadara

Wishbringer the Darkmare

Post by Sadara »

From the beginning in this ordeal with Wishbringer, it took several mistakes on my part to get my mind straight with how Wish became a Darkmare. With my actions, there had to also have been something else... behind the scenes that created one of the most dangerous nemesis the city has seen in a while.

A few weeks ago, I had spoken with my father Alder, and per usual my conversation got emotional as I spoke of the Wish ordeal. During meditation he spoke to me, "How much do you want to change things?" he asked me. And it took me a moment to reply that I would give my life to undo what I had put into motion. Alder's branches began crying it seemed, so I got closer to hug him. I could tell he felt my emotions, or it was him sympathizing with me, or just his branches leaking. I prefer to believe the prior. When I looked up I saw a blue light appear from within the bark of Alder's tree, it was a spherical object and it began to slowly creep out of the bark and drop onto the ground. I picked it up and inspected it, to my surprise it was the Soul Essence of Wishbringer.

I hugged Alder tightly, and began to just cry as I knew this was a step in the right direction. Though I had a thought in the back of my head in the same, How did Alder have the Soul Essence of Wish? Did he create it? Did he tap into the Dreamscape to retrieve the essence from a different timeline? So many questions. However in the same I began to regain my determination to fix things.

That week, was the project and several Dreamers and I went to work on a antidote of sorts for the minions of WIsh. Thunderman, Drizzt, Pinhook, Hrrum, and Stellaris, focusing on Thunderman first with this potion. With discussion with Lace, Fin Marda, Nathan, Zahra, Dumah and Brother Timothy, we created the potion using, Pure Dreamsoul, several Willpower Elemens up to around 7 or so, and with the several Seers available gave their Insight energy to the potion. With the power of the SoulWell as well and a little stirring the potion was ready and very helpful as well. The next few days Drizzt was given some as he was the first to be seen, and he was cured of Wish's control.

The next day however was when Wish was sensed around and a lovely newly Daya was around. I was scared of her safety as she was alone within the Chasm so I ran over to make sure she was ok, and she was. In fact she spoke to Wish and said he aided her in hunting and gave her the vial of pure dreamsoul that I originally had prior before giving it to Wish. With the vial and the knowledge that Daya stated to me I began to get confused as to if Wish was starting to revert on his own accord? However after some discussion, with Daya and some traveling to the Primordial Breach we came into contact with Wish. He instantly was scared off by me it seemed. As Daya was the only one he felt comfortable with talking with. He was scared of me, saying that I was the one who killed him and he was scared to be killed again by me. So I instantly got to working on a potion for Wish specifically as many other dreamers began to arrive as a rescue party. With no rescuing really to happen, and some discussion with Laieus, Kanto, Jevik, Marda, and Dumah as Daya, Zahra, Quinthe and Ironies talked with Wish, we decided to instead create a larger potion using the SoulWell as a point of focus for the energy.

The Well is strong enough to affect a person, if we had an essence or soul essence involved. Both of which we had. After some more discussion, a brief walk to the Well, Wish came along to the SoulWell collapsed it seemed. Right behind him appeared Eldryck Venym who Dreamstruck him quickly. With Wish struck, we changed our plan of action and began work on bringing Wish back to his Dreamer state. Eldryck told me to fix my mess. So thats what I did.

Wish came back as a soulsphere, and unable to be coherent at this moment. I am working on fixing that, as Wish's Dreamsoul seems to have left all sphere only leaving enough to have him Dream, not gain coherence however. Though that is another project, the main concern of mine is what Wish stated. He seems to have no recollection of what happened only remembering being in Fayd's with me and then lighting hitting. He also said that he was put in the cell of the Fayd's, and even stated that the Darkmare version of him wasn't him.

These statements bring me to think of a theory I have. Anyasha and I spoke of this theory a few weeks ago as a possibility to the drastic state Wish changed and rampaged through the City so quickly and ruthlessly.

However now is the next steps in this ordeal, fixing the rest of who were affected during all of this. Hrrum, Pinhook, and Thunderman. As well as restoring Wish to coherence. -{S}