Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Transcription of Dr Grave's Trial day 3 and 4

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Laieus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Laieus

Transcription of Dr Grave's Trial day 3 and 4

Post by Laieus »

This is a continuation of the Transcription of Dr Grave's trial.
I do apologize for the delay in putting the transcription here.
To facilitate the writing of the transcript the Dreamer's name shall be stated before what they said, Greetings to people who just got there will be omitted as well as irrelevant interactions in between members of the crowd. Should I have missed something please do tell and I will do my best to rectify it.

The Defense, Persecution and Dr Grave arrived around 8 pm DST and the Trial as such began towards 8:15 pm DST Sat Mar 21 2020
Given the Trial being about him I realized that it would be important to add a description of Dr Grave.
Observing him one will likely see that he has piercing red eyes, and sharp edged teeth. His hair is long and hangs down his pack and covers a portion of his face, and a hat that sits uptop his head. He wears a doctor's lab coat.

Brother Timothy: Once again it appears I will be speaking on behalf of the judges. to clarify I am only speaking on our behalf, my vote has no more weight than any others. As there is no balif to do so I will also deliver oaths to witnesses
last session we heard the prosecution call witnesses and enter evidence
next we will hear from the defense.
the defense can call witnesses enter evidence etc

Fin Marda: I would like to call Liolira as my first witness
Liolira stepped down and turned to the judges and raises her right hand
Brother Timothy: the prosecution can then cross examine the witness. finally the defense and prosecution have a second opportunity to clarify the testimony
after the defense is heard there will be closing statements and then we the judges will confer and deliver a verdict
prosecution and defense, are you ready to proceed
Fin Marda: Defense is ready
Hrrum: We are ready.

Brother Timothy nodded and removed from his pack a hammer apparently made of pure insight crystal, he hit the ground with it, and it rung like a bell.
Brother Timothy: then let it proceed. defense? your move
Fin Marda: I had called Liolira and I believe she is ready for the oath again
Brother Timothy: Liolira, please remember you are still under oath, you may proceed
Liolira nodded and lowered her hand before stating: I understand

Fin Marda: Lio, what is your role with the newly awakened?
Liolira: as with any teacher of the city that trains arts, we train the oracles to welcome them in and get them use to dreaming to our cultural standards...they come from many places, its overwhelming..we try to give them suggestions to make it easier on them

Fin Marda nodded before asking
Fin Marda: You mentioned bringing Newlies to visit houses and talking to them about house protocol. Was any of this in the form of a document like some of the information in the Welcome Center?
Liolira: no, that is personal and specific to houses, Example your home is open. I speak for Calenture and then encourage the newlies to visit with other guardians or rulers, or a house mentor...after visiting the archives
I can only speak on Calentures behalf

Fin Marda nodded before continuing
Fin Marda: Since Dr. Grave was new to our city, did you ever talk to him about house protocol or help him in any way to adjust to this city?
Liolira: He crawled out of the pallisades and created a rukus in the library. I am a former warden, I was not happy dreamers followed him blindly to the former Illapse home.
Fin Marda: Pleae answer the question I asked.
Liolira: I did and the answer is no...I know his prior incident with my ruler and threatening this city.
Liolira then fell silent

Fin Marda: So, there was no attempt on your part to help a newly awakened in our city adjust. Do you do this sort of triaging with other newlies deciding who you will help and you you won't?
Liolira: he wasnt a newly

Hrrum: I object
Brother Timothy: on what grounds?
Hrrum: Defense clearly undermines witness credibility
stating not asking

Brother Timothy nodded
Fin Marda: The witness clearly stated she did not attempt to help him.
Hrrum: him but not newly awakened
Fin Marda: I wanted to find out if his was current practice.
Liolira looked on clearly confused, tilting her head at the Defense Attorney

Brother Timothy: upheld defense will rephrase the question, and the witness is reminded to try and answer directly
Hrrum nodded and then said: Thank you, your Honour
Fin Marda: No need The witness has answered.
Hrrum: Question is out, so no answer can be counted.

Fin Marda: Were you with the party that went to see Dr. Grave last night?
Liolira: yes

Nmoto: Question is none out. Judges will remind prosecute to behave.
Hrrum: My apologies, defense was asked to rephrase but didn't.

Fin Marda: Thank you. That is all I had for this witness.
Liolira dipped her chin
Liolira returned to her place
Brother Timothy: ok we need a short recess
Hrrum: I have a few questions to the witness, If I may?
Hrrum nods to Judge Tim
Liolira seemed to wonder if she should return

Brother Timothy: yes you have the right to cross examine Hrrum, but please wait until we have a certain procedural matter worked out
Hrrum: Of course.

After a 23 minute period where the Jury convened for various reasons not discussed fully to the public.

Brother Timothy: sorry friends for the delay, there was some ambiguity as to the judge line up that needed to be addressed before we continued
Hrrum you may proceed with the cross examination
Hrrum: Before I start may I ask the judges for a calling on procedures of the Trial.
Brother Timothy: as in?
Hrrum: Prosecution belives that if question was out of order. It needs to be deleted from the transcript as is the answer.
Brother Timothy: a question was asked, it was objected to as a statement, the objection was sustained and the defense was told to restate as a question, the defense dropped the question the judges will disregard the statement and the response
Brother Timothy: it will remain in the transcript
Hrrum: Our thanks.
Hrrum then inclined his head

Hrrum: We would like to cross question Witness Liolira.
Liolira stepped back down
Hrrum: You have stated that entrance of the defendant caused negative relationship between your house ruling circle and the defendant. What would be the cause of such negativity?
Liolira: Aileron reported...he made certain threatening statements...and was in a fight with Bloody Teeth over the Crown of Paraity
Hrrum: what were the statements?
Liolira: I was not present, I can not verbatim word for word, repeat what transpired.
Hrrum: And who was?
Liolira: generally he threatened our city.
Liolira shrugged
Hrrum: In what way?
Liolira: My ruler reported a threat, it was also reported in the City Guard meeting...we take those threats against our Whole City, seriously. I have no reason to doubt my rulers concern.

Hrrum: can you clarify the treat exactly as you heard it?
Fin Marda: Objectioi
Nmoto and Brother Timothy then asked on what grounds

Fin Marda: The witness has already stated she was not there to hear it
Brother Timothy confered with the judges he speaks for
Jerusalis adjusted the sashes draped across his chest, grunting quietly. The golden eyes keep an intense watch of the entire room and each dreamer one by one.

Hrrum: I belive since the Witness was a ranking officer at the time, the dealing within the house gives motion to pass her knowledge on behalf of any ranking officer in the House.
Brother Timothy: sustained
Hrrum: what were the treats that build the negativity between you as a member of Calenture and the defendant
Liolira: That he wanted the Crown of Parity that....is needed to take the Throne in the Pallisades...and over throw our city.
Hrrum: Thank you Liolira.

Liolira nodded before asking if she could go
Fin Marda: Redirect please
Liolira paused
Hrrum nodded to the Judges
Brother Timothy: defenses you may
Fin Marda: Did you actually hear him state that?
Liolira: him and others...later at the City Guard meeting, that was present that evening
Liolira fell silent
Brother Timothy: on grounds?
Hrrum: We already sustained that line of thought.
Fin Marda shook her head
Tamarisk: You asked her share her thoughts.
Silverwake: Sustain means that we "continue" unless an objection is made to counter that we would overrule on.
Fin Marda: No further questions of this witness
Brother Timothy: we sustained that the witness cannot testify on items she was told by a third party

Fin Marda: I would like to call Dr. Grave to testify.
Dr Grave nodded twice
Brother Timothy: Dr graves please raise your right hand
Dr Grave raised both hands, as they are cuffed together
Brother Timothy: do you swear on your honor to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
Dr Grave: I swear that I will be truthful and honest with all of my answers.
Brother Timothy: a point you are not required to answer a question posed to you
Dr Grave: I understand.
Brother Timothy: but those questions you do answer must be truthfull
Dr Grave: Of course. I will answer truthfully and honestly.
Brother Timothy: you may proceed defense

Fin Marda: Dr. Grave, when did you arrive in our city?
Dr Grave: After leaving Valora, I eventually arrived at the Lower Palisades while the Coven of the Echt ruled there. I was taken in there, and allowed some space, but I was never allowed to leave beyond the lower palisades. I am told, this occured many, many years ago.
For my introduction to your city, this only occured after the Echten were defeated. And myself and several individuals were able to leave there.
As I've understood it, they have scattered and gone about doing their own things. With varying degrees of ethics.
Fin Marda: Thank you.

Fin Marda: So, it was only fairly recently in your days here that you were actuallly in the part of the city that most dreamers reside in. Would you say that was an accurate statement?
Dr Grave: That would be accurate.
Fin Marda: During that time, did anyone approach you and try to assist you with the ways of the city?
Dr Grave: They did not.

Fin Marda: You have been charged with Violation of house protocol for placing devices on house facades without permission of the rulers. Why did that happen?
Dr Grave: May I ask for clarification. Why did the charge happen? Or why was there no permission requested? Or something else?
Fin Marda: Why did you not ask permission.
Dr Grave: Thank you for clarifying, I only wish to be precise and truthful with my response.
There are several reasons for this. First, I was not made aware of any formal requirements that this was required, especially of simple, non-intrusive, benign devices. The houses themselves, by prior observation, have a considerable amount of things out front. This includes randomly generating items.
To an observer like me, there didn't seem to be an immediate reason for concern. Secondly, this was the second experiment that I conducted. The first one, took place in the houes atop the Luminous Mountain.

Fin Marda: Did anyone question that experiment?
Dr Grave: That first experiment did not have protestors, considering that I stationed my experiment there. No one formally objected to my running of that experiment out of that location.
To me, that showed that there was some general leeway being given to how I might use some of that space there.

Fin Marda: I see. Was there any intent to do harm from either of these experiments?
Dr Grave: When it came to setting up the second experiment here, I didn't think there would be an issue in placing the devices at five houses.
To clarify, those experiments were quite different. The objectives in the first, and second, differed greatly. In both experiments, it was not my intent to do harm.
Fin Marda: Thank you for clarifying that.
Now it's my understanding that last dream Aileron and other came to visit you.
Dr Grave: That is correct.
Fin Marda: Aileron brought you the Manual of Instruction.
Dr Grave: To clarify, he brought a copy of the instruction manual that he transcribed, from the original copy that apparently his house keeps.
Fin Marda: Yes, that was my understanding too that it was a copy. Could you please tell the court what was discovered by reading the Manual?
Dr Grave: The instruction manual details the initialization, the operating procedure, and how to shut down the experiment safely. It also contains information about which devices were assigned to each house, including which house had the dummy device.
Fin Marda: And, could you please tell the court which house had the dummy device?
Dr Grave: As was produced with the data points, there are a set of five labels that are used to denote each house. Following by a single decimal precision number, positve or negative, representing the aggregated measurement.
As we saw last night, the labels are as follows: Rectangle: Monastary, Ocean: Radiance, Cherry: Alliance, Iceberg: Temple, Control: Calenture. This means that Calenture has the dummy device.
What this means is, the dummy device does not measure anything.

Fin Marda: What would happen if someone tried to remove the device without following proper procedure?
Dr Grave: It would threaten the integrity of the experiment to start. However, the devices themselves are benign and passive. It would be difficult to remove these, but it is not impossible. The instruction manual details exactly how shutting down should occur, and that starts at the control panel. To add to that,
There would be issue and disruption at the control panel's side, if proper shutting down procedure was not followed. I've been abundantly vocal with more than several individuals about this fact.
However, at the device's side there would not be an extreme response. The devices themselves do not produce energy, nor are they explosive.

Fin Marda: Did any rulers come to you asking you to remove the devices?
Dr Grave:There have been rulers from many house that have asked about the devices removal. I have offered to aid in the shutting down of the experiment, which includes removal of all devices.
Fin Marda: How could someone be hurt by trying to remove a device if they contain no energy?
Dr Grave: That is a mystery to me. As I was made aware last night, some took a pickaxe to one of the devices--a fact which was concealed from me--and they received somewhat of a shock. As I created the devices, these were never produced with any such functionality.
Fin Marda: Thank you. Your witness
Dr Grave: The devices themselves were made to be elusive and hard to grasp. They were never designed to be dangerous.

Hrrum: We wish to cross question the Defendant.
Brother Timothy: your witness then Hrrum

Hrrum: Doctor you have stated that you found yourself within the City under the Rule of Coven of Echt. With its advancements against the City have you ever fought dreamers from this City?
Dr Grave: Fought? No, I am not a fighter. I am a doctor. My capacity within the Lower Palisades was attending to the many imprisoned that were held there.

Hrrum: Honorable Judges, I can present 4 essences of Dr Grave that were left after numerouse fights at the Lower Palisades. But the defendant said no.

Brother Timothy nodded
Silverwake: Proceed.
Brother Timothy: please pass them to us

Fin Marda: objection
Hrrum: They are within the Protectors of Radiance halls.
Brother Timothy: grounds?
Fin Marda: Where is the proof that they were after a fight in the Palisades?
Brother Timothy: if you do not have them they cannot be presented as evidence.
Hrrum: I can name dreamers that present here who fought him during those times.
Fin Marda: I can produce esseences of mine and I've never fought anyone.
Brother Timothy conferred with the other judges

Silverwake: Let's have some order. Hrrum, if you are going to quote "evidence" then please present it and also inform the Defense as with the other items that have been shared. If you dont then let's strike this reference from the line of questioning? Judges?
Hrrum: I was unaware that Dr Grave would respond that he was always peaceful
My hopes that the defendant would be truthful in his statements
And I wont need evidence to clearly show that he is not.
Dr Grave: If I may clarify.
Brother Timothy: the objection is sustained. there is no providence, no and no essences to be entered into evidence
Dr Grave: Have I had to defend myself in a fight in my life ever? Yes, I have. I do not enjoy having to do that. I am a doctor first and foremost, and wish to help others.
Hrrum: may I proceed with questions?
Brother Timothy: prosecution will cease the essence line of questioning and continue

Silverwake: Hrrum? Since you have no "evidence" to present to the Defense, you need to reword or rephrase your question.

Hrrum: Defendant stated that it was his first visit to the City, During the first experiment Master Akkadian shared with us that he knows defendant and can vouch for him that he wont cause any harm to those in experiment. my question is,
are you certain that it was your first visit to our City?
Dr Grave: As certain as I can be. I recall after leaving Valora, I eventually encountered the Coven of the Echt. I was taken in an confined to the Lower Palisades. As I have learned, this happened many years ago.

Hrrum: But yet, Master Akkadian assured us that you both worked before in the early days. Which prompts me to ask the court if we could believe the defendant as truthful in his statements.
Fin Marda: Objection on grounds of hearsay
Silverwake: One moment Fin Marda...
Hrrum: Prosecution show doubt in truthfulness of defendant statements, how else would I bring it to your attentions besides facts that transpired.

Silverwake: We are confurring.

Dr Grave: If I may say something.
Dr Grave then awaited a response

Brother Timothy: objection sustained, Akkadian has testified to nothing in this court. there for for these proceedings the question is hearsay

Hrrum nodded before continuing
Hrrum: May I ask a following question?
Silverwake: Until Akkadian is sworn in as a witness Hrrum, its not a fact until it has been presented to this court.

Dr Grave: I wish to state something, to that prior question.
If that is allowed, otherwise I will have to proceed to answering the following question. The original question was unclear.
Brother Timothy: defense? your response to your clients request please?

Fin Marda conferred with her client
Fin Marda: My client wishes to address Hrrum's question about Akkadian.
Dr Grave nodded twice to the statement

Hrrum: that question was out
I don't see the reason to listen for a reply to it

After a short deliberation it was decided that the trial would pass on to a new question

Hrrum: After Arretians arrived you were given sanctuary at the Protectors of Radiance, were you asked to address the City at the Chimeric Meeting before all houses and explain yourself and present your stance within the City?
Dr Grave: I do not recall. I am somewhat traumatized by my interactions with the Arretians, and I have avoided being near them if at all possible. It is likely that I avoided such a meeting, and redoubled my efforts on preparing traps in the house atop the Luminous Mountain, should they storm through.

Hrrum: Honorable Judges, I would like to note that defendant was given all opportunities to address the Rulers of the City. Under the treat of Arretian prosecution instead getting support from us he planed devices as a of form of his defense.
Dr Grave: If I did not show up to a meeting that I was supposed to attend, I do apologize for that. I am deeply concerned for my wellbeing, with Arretians arriving.
That is not true at all.
That is not what I said.
I never conducted the second experiment as a form of defense.

Silverwake: Hrrum, you're out of order. This isn't an opportunity for you to make your closing statements unless you're done with your questioning in which case you'll have that opportunity.
Brother Timothy: after the defense redirects
Silverwake: Hrrum do you have any further questions for Dr. Grave? Please stick to that please.
Hrrum: In the events of last night, you said that you saw the copy of the notebook written by you. You read the notebook , translating from the language that only you know. The information from that notebook that you shared was truthful or not
Dr Grave: I have no reason to lie about the contents of the instruction manual. I have been vocal that is the reference source in properly shutting down the experiment. I was truthful in my translation, and I will continue to be truthful in translating it to shut the experiment down. I have offered that, more than several times.
Hrrum: I have no more questions.
Dr Grave: The notebook was written in my native script, from my original city. I did not have time, at the time, to make translations into the common language here in this city. It was fully my intent to do that, but I was captured and imprisoned.

Brother Timothy: defense do you wish to redirect?
Fin Marda: I only have one question on redirect.
Brother Timothy: then proceeded
Fin Marda: Actually two. Where did you first work with Akkadian? Was it in this city?

Brother Timothy: on grounds?
Hrrum: It have nothing to do with the charges rolled against the defendant.
Fin Marda: I am not asking about what Akkadian said or didn't say.
Hrrum: We all know what he said.
Brother Timothy: objection overruled, goes to characters background information

Dr Grave: Thank you. It was not in this city. I first met him prior to my encountering of the Coven of the Echt. We worked together in a newly formed city, distant from here. The experience was amicable. I consider him trustworthy and honorable.
Fin Marda: No more questions
Brother Timothy: hrrum? do you wish to redirect on the redirect?
Hrrum: We do not.

Brother Timothy: we have decided to adjourn for tonight, the hour is late, especially for some, we will resume Monday night at 7 pm if there is no objections to that time by the prosecution, defense or witness
Fin Marda: Will we be doing clossing statements at that time?

A decent amount of frustration was expressed from the crowd

Silverwake: If there are no further questions or witnesses.
Brother Timothy: unless you have more witnesses to call yes
Brother Timothy: defense prosecution any objection to that time?
Hrrum: If prosecution have known that tonight wont be the last day of trial. We would provide evidence to the Court based on answers of defendant that his statements are fale.

Brother Timothy: very well court adjourned till monday night at 7pm

Day 4
Given the long nature of the transcription here are the
This is a continuation of the Transcription of Dr Grave's trial.
To facilitate the writing of the transcript the Dreamer's name shall be stated before what they said, Greetings to people who just got there will be omitted as well as irrelevant interactions in between members of the crowd. Should I have missed something please do tell and I will do my best to rectify it.

The proceedings on this day started in the roundabouts of 7:20 pm DST. I was absent during this day, Dissoc let me copy his memories of the day to be able to put them in transcription here.

Nmoto: Vote should wait, us. For some longer. Important, that judges, all, are here.

Brother Timothy: we stopped in the middle of fin's defense
after that we have closing arguments

Hrrum: I have a question to the Judges, If I may?
Silverwake: Sure of course.
Brother Timothy: go ahead, but be advised the trial has not yer restarted
Hrrum: In prosecution closing statements, is there a practice that it could be interrupted by the defense?
Or I could complete my statement without interruptions?
Brother Timothy: your closing statements are not testimony. so there should be no objections
Silverwake: You'll be able to speak without any interruptions and so will the accused.
Brother Timothy: and the defense
Hrrum: Thank you, Your Honour.
Dr Grave: I will also refrain from interruptions, for the record.
Brother Timothy: yes please do
Fin Marda: I will be speaking for the accused.
Brother Timothy: the prosecution closes first, the defense second, and finally the accused gets the last word if they wish it

Fin Marda: I have one more witness to call.
Brother Timothy: well lets wait another 2 minuets for tam
one minute

Brother Timothy pulled out the hammer crafted of a pure insight crystal before nodding to the other judges then struck the floor with it, it hit with the sound of a bell

Brother Timothy: the defense will continue its defense
Fin Marda: I would like to call Purple Lace to the stand.
Purple Lace mumbled and walked to the stand
Purple Lace looked around and nodded to Fin
Fin Marda: Lace, do you also work with the newly awakened and those newly returned to the city?
Silverwake: Fin?
Can you please swear in your witness?
Fin Marda: Sorry, that's Tim's job
Brother Timothy: remember purple lace you are still under oath

Purple Lace looked from one to another and then nodded once to Tim
Purple Lace: Aye
Purple Lace: I do work extensively with both, aye.
Brother Timothy: purple lace was previously sworn in. so just remember you are still sworn in
Purple Lace nodded again
Fin Marda: Is there any place in the Welcome Center or perhaps the Library that details house protocols?
Purple Lace: Nay to m'knowledge.
They be mentioned, and e'en beliefs may be found in the Archives of the Planes...
But as to protocols, nothing around the City explains them in any detail.
Fin Marda: Have you ever taken newly awakened to show them houses?
Purple Lace: Aye
Fin Marda: In your experience, how do they act when on the facade?
They want to see e'erything. They may hear about what is and aint done, but if'n there be a way, they like to get on the steps, look all around and explore....
I've had experience, when the main house portals were still open, that many went in, e'en tho I told them it wasn't allowed.
Their reply was....
"If it's not allowed, why can I enter?"
Fin Marda nodded
Fin Marda: So, they don't always follow the rules.
Purple Lace: True.
Fin Marda: Thank you. That is all the questions I had for this witness.

Hrrum: If I may.
Nmoto: Can, can.
Silverwake: Yes you may.
Brother Timothy: prosecution gets to cross
Hrrum: Purple Lace are you familiar with the facade ethics or rules as defense put it?
Purple Lace: I be familiar with what be established, aye.
Hrrum: Have you ever enforced such rules at houses you resigned?
Purple Lace: I have at times, Blasted a stairclimber in m'time, aye.

Hrrum: On a journey to the any house, didn't you instructed your students to behave once at place?
Purple Lace: I dunno if'n "behave" be what I do for the newcomer. I tell them the houses be a place of members and needs to be respected, but I cannot control the actions of another.
Hrrum: Those who you witnessed to not behave once at the Facade, did you attempted to stop them or guide them further.?
Purple Lace: Hmm, "Get down off them steps" comes to mind, and Blast be a helpful tool now and then...
Purple Lace tilted her head
Purple Lace: But newcomers want to explore and i dun wanna hinder that.
And it's nay like the rules be written in stone.
Purple Lace shrugged
Hrrum: And what would you do with a student or newly awakened who would disrespect your wishes and clearly show you any lack of respect towards your teachings?
Purple Lace: Me personally?
Hrrum nodded
Purple Lace: Blast....lots of Blast.
Hrrum: A punishment.
Purple Lace nodded
Hrrum: Thank you. No more questions

Purple Lace: If'n I may....
I haven't Blasted any newcomers in hours.
Purple Lace smiles sweetly and returns to her seat
Brother Timothy: defense do you wish to redirect?
or do you have more witnesses to call?
Fin Marda: Just one more question, Lace
Purple Lace: sorry
Sure

Fin Marda: When Dr. Grave first came up into the city after the Echten were defeated, did you try and assist him with becoming acclimated to the city?
Purple Lace: The only aid I or the house I was associated with was to offer him asylum, which I believe he took the house up on.
Fin Marda: Thank you
That is all

Hrrum: A relevant question if I may?
Brother Timothy: ion?
Purple Lace: of me?
Brother Timothy: prosecution?
Purple Lace looked to Hrrum

Hrrum: On a -first- entrance from within Lower Palisades, how did the first meeting occur?
Purple Lace: I was unaware of exactly where he had come from, nor did I care. He mentioned being hunted by the Arretians.... that was enough for me to hear.
Hrrum: No more questions.
Brother Timothy: defense, your next witness?
Fin Marda: Defense rests

Brother Timothy: prosecution are you prepared for closing arguments?
Hrrum: We are.
Brother Timothy: you may proceed
Hrrum nodded and looked at his notes for the last time.
Hrrum: Greetings Citizens of the City, Honorable Judges, Office of Defense.
I was called to the Trial in a office of prosecution to direct a City Calling...to charge Doctor Grave upon his Crimes against the Great Houses and disturbing the peace of our beloved City.

I would like to set a chronological time frame of how Doctor arrived in the City to the time he found himself facing all of us behind the zapping bars
As the horrid Ruling of Coven emerged to our City, spreading its agents in to depth of our City a smiling, person came out from the depth of Lower Palisades.

Doctor Grave.

Prisoners that were shaking in corners at lower palisades were screaming when they seen him or heard his name.
After City amassed an army and defeated the Darkness, Doctor Grave threatened the City to conquer all its Houses

Fin Marda: I object. None of this was established.
Silverwake: Order Fin Marda. This is a closing statement.
Nmoto: Are none interruptions, during final statements. Continue, prosecute.
Brother Timothy: we have already established closing arguments are not testimony. you cannot object

Hrrum: After a few fights leaving trails of Doctor essences he vanished from sight just to reappear within the City and offering help to all who wish for it.

Fin Marda: You also said if we said something, it had to have been already established.
Hrrum: But the happy times for the defendant didn't last long enough. Arretians have came and asked for his head.

Nmoto: Judges remember what said, us. And. Will take things, that, into decision, ours. Please, please. Continue, prosecute.

Hrrum: Houses repelled against the intrusions and showed empathy to the defendant. A great Chimeric meeting was called in his favor to address all his problems and show him support.
Doctor decided that City help is not of his first choice of defense. And under the cover of night, sneaked between all houses and installed a devices that City have never seen before.
Working in his Laboratory, not coming out for days. When Houses were seeking who have done such thing to their facades.
In the day when he wondered off from his walls, He was captured by the Arretian visitors and chained in to the cell block of Palisades.
Once in the Cell, he have shared that it was him who installed the devices and that if all of us wont help him escape, only he could remove such devices and if we attempt to do it ourselves there will be a great destruction.
Once this method didn't work, he changed the tune and offer help with a smiling face. Let us work together and I will help you.
His escape was out of his words as he is so carried about the City and wish no Harm to it in any form especially from Arret.
Right here, infront of your eyes stand a man, a doctor...Dr Grave.
Who is also backtracks his words of care to our City fates by pleading not Guilty as long as it could save him again.
I am asking you the Honorable Judges to end this tonight, and Banish the Man out of the City so he could never cause any more of disturbance here.
Hrrum inclined his head

Brother Timothy: defense are you ready to make closing arguments?

Fin Marda nodded her head and turned to face the judges
Brother Timothy: then proceed

Fin Marda: Your honors, citizens of the city, in my opening statement, I said that I would show that the charges brought against the doctor were all ado about nothing. And, that is what I will show you now.
The first part of the charge was about violating house sovereignty. There is no codified set of laws in this city. There is nowhere a citizen can go to read up on laws and protocols. It is all by trial and error.
We established that when Dr. Grave first came to our city to tend to the health of the Echten, he stayed exclusively in the Palisade giving him no chance to learn the ways of the citizens and houses.
Both Liolira and Purple Lace stated that they did not instruct him.
Liolira, who puts in many hours working with newlies, admitted never contacted him to offer any help and while she considered house protocol important enough to explain to all newlies.
she obviously didn't consider it important enough to seek out Dr. Grave and make him aware of the protocols
She later admitted that the protocols were different for each house. So, without a written set of laws and no assistance to conform to the city, it is no wonder that mistakes might have been made.

Now to the second part of the charge, that the devices caused a disturbance of the peace.
I'm not going to speculate on whether or not there was a disturbance of the peace, but I would put forth that if there was, it was not caused by the devices.
You have heard Dr. Grave state, under oath, that the devices were not placed to do harm. You have heard the testimony of several house rulers that no members were hurt nor was any damage done to the houses except for one incident.
Aileron testified that Liolira, in an act ofŅ..now what was the word that he used?.....oh, yes, Liolira in an act of emotion tried to remove the device physically.
Dr. Grave has stated that the devices were benign and contained no energy. Further, translation of the Manual of Instruction showed that the device placed at House Calenture was a dummy one.

So, it remains a mystery as to how Liolira ever became injured from the device. As she was, as Aileron testified, in an emotional state, perhaps she perceived an injury that never happened. I don't know.
Placing devices that do not harm houses nor the dreamers that inhabit them, dreamers who go about their daily business inside and outside of the house with no interference from the devices can hardly be said to cause
a "disturbance of the peace."

Fin Marda begun to tick off her recommendations on the fingers of her left hand.

Fin Marda: We humbly request the court to

find the defendant, not guilty,

give him sanctuary in our city,

and order HC to return to him his Manual of Instruction so that he can safely remove the devices from the house facades.

Thank you

Fin Marda bowed her head respectfully and turned back to her desk.

Nmoto nods once and asks, "Grave, want make final statement, you?"
Dr Grave: That I would.
Nmoto: Please, please, speak, you.

Dr Grave: It is an odd feeling being asked to speak like this, and while I disagree vehemently with what the prosecution outlines, on issues he was not present for. I will instead speak to the facts and my experience here.
After being released from captivity of the lower palisades, I admit I was optimistic and forward thinking, especially after years of captivity there. Have I taken actions that were out of lines? Perhaps. Is the first or even second experiment one of those things? Of course not. I will outline this.
I was not locked away hiding during this time of the second experiment. I engaged in conversation with many of you. I was eager to learn about your dreams, the ideas that you believe, and kinds of topics that are intriguing to you.
From this, I have met more than several of you, that I believe are honorable, and brilliant, and truly sought to understand your dreams better. These are admirable virtues. I am grateful for those conversations, and even in those times in which we disagreed, I did not think the worst of you.
I want to be clear with what the prosecution is asking. They seek my exile from this city. That is to mean, the seek my death at the hands of the Arretians.

Now, even in those conversations, I've learned of several of your projects that I think are terrible or disastrous. I've learned that there is a brewing collective of dopplegangers, one of which appears like me, and I've learned that there is a project of chaos filtering that could flatten several planes.

Do I think, that even in those bad projects that you should deserve to be exiled to your death? Absolutely not.

Part of learning about our dreams, is in learning our bounds, and how we interact with each other. There are times in which perceived slights, turn molehills into mountains. At those times, what we must do is work towards righting our wrongs.

I admit, when I was first imprisoned I was angry at my situation. Yes my ego was large and arrogant. This had never happened to me before. However, through these months of captivity, and through the conversations of the good souls of this city, I've learned from this.

I ask of you, dreamers of this city, allow me the opportunity to make right what has been done. Even if we disagree on the terms that, allow me asylum here to improve my dreams and right any wrongs. Condemning me to die, does not solve these issues. And I am afraid if I am condemned to die, I will not be the first that meets this new standard of trial then execution.

If the path of maintaining sovereignty and peace is so narrow that a simple benign experiment would through someone off of it. I am afraid what that means for the society as a whole. We should be allowed to seek and improve our dreams, even if there are faults made along the way. Failure, should not warrant death. That is all.
Dr Grave turned to the judges

Brother Timothy: this concludes this portion of the trial, we will now deliberate
shall we retire to chambers?
Silverwake: Yes.
Nmoto: Should, should.
Liolira: there is a judge missing
Dumah: Provided there is an odd number, it should be fine.

Cik then appeared in the memories, the details of the exact fight where unclear, however the dreamers seemed to have repelled Cik without notable issues.

After many dreamers discussed the attack Brother Timothy came back from deliberation

Brother Timothy: a clarification if you would
Dr Grave
Dr Grave nodded twice in response

Brother Timothy: if you translated the manual could anyone disable your experiment safely?
Dr Grave: They would be able to. There would be difficulty in getting to the control room, but once deciphered, the instruction manual would allow for any reasonable and intelligent dreamer to shut down the experiment.
Brother Timothy: thank you
Dr Grave: It would need to be done as a group, however.

During the wait for the deliberations to be finished Mengyao who hadn't been present for much of the proceedings inquired about the missing judge and the lack of possibility of a tie, this was responded by the dreamers who where present for the trial that the trial was already long enough and that doing so just for the possibility of a tie was something that was counterproductive.

a notable excerpt from this period of wait was a response from Jerusalis.
Jerusalis: I wouldn't say this has been enjoying to watch, no. However it's what was asked from your city and agreed upon by my superiors.

At 10pm DST the Judges returned

Silverwake took her seat.
Brother Timothy stood up
Brother Timothy: We have reached our verdic

Many where looking towards the judges

Brother Timothy: Dr grave, on the charge of violation of house sovernty, we find you guilty throught neglect.
Brother Timothy stis down
Silverwake waits...
Nmoto: On charge, of disturb peace, find not guilty, him.
Silverwake stands up.
Silverwake: And as a result of the guilty charge on negligence, we have unanimously come up with a fair sentence.
In which we've written down as a task.
I will read the sentence...

Silverwake produced a codex and read it...
Silverwake: Dr. Grave must perform the following....
One.
Removal of the experiments on the effected Facades IN-FULL with proper supervision.
Two.
No teaching of Any kind until you, Dr. Grave, have taken the Teaching Oath of our City and are approved by Akkadian under the same teaching guidelines as a Teacher returning to the City of Underlight.
Silverwake: and three....
You must right the wrongs of those affected in this City to the best of your abilities.
You will be given temporary asylum to work on this task and then full asylum once its been completed. Do you accept this task and verdict Dr. Grave?

Dr Grave: I do. I will adhere to it.

Silverwake and Brother Timothy nodded

Silverwake: Then you will work with the Alliance of the Eclipse as your "parole" representation on the task.

Jerusalis adjusted his armor, the medals clinking against each other. His scowling features denoted no emotion to the words.

Silverwake hands the task to Fin Marda.
Fin Marda turned and looked at Dr. Grave
Silverwake: Please give that to your client. We are adjurned.
Hrrum turned to Fin marda and shook her hand.
Dr Grave nodded twice
Fin Marda handed the task to Dr. Grave
Brother Timothy: the court would like to thank the defense and prosecution for their participation
Silverwake: This court has now concluded and reached its final verdict. Please release Dr. Grave to the care and supervision of the Alliance of the Eclipse effective immediately.

From this point on the Trial as such was complete however there was a conflict of interest with Jerusalis representing the Arretians. The following is the discussion that followed.

Jerusalis: I commend this city for completing a search for justice.
Jerusalis: However your verdict contradicts the orders of myself and the search of justice from others. You wish to effectively deny others what you yourselves have just accomplished here?

Dumah: You have no jurisdiction in our city, Arretian.
Silverwake: The Arrets agreed to allow Grave a trial of his crimes here in the City of Underlight. That is what this was. You agreed to it.
His crimes else where were not in question or consideration.

Jerusalis: And a trial was had, and judgement given. Now he will face judgement of matters not of this place.
Nor should they have been, because those matters don't concern you, just as I didn't interrupt your trial here.
So, let us dispense with the formalities and come down to what is about to be the outcome here.

Dissoc: Could you not hold your own trial here, as well? You seem comfortable enough with the place.
Silverwake: That isn't anything that I or anyone else has powers over... However, this is the City of Underlight and you, yourself are a foreigner... Do what you must but we reached a verdict and would like to thank you for your assistance.
The next steps are something needs to be brought up later.

Jerusalis's lips purse, breaking the scowl for the first time. He clasps his hands together in front of himself, giving a stiff nod.
Liolira: you agree?
Jerusalis: I agree that what I will do what I must.
Liolira: I was just speaking on Dissocs suggestion
Nmoto: With trial, and justice, it. Have reached conclude, us. Needs make good, him, on what been state in verdict, it. Is decision, of Grave, if choose to pursue, that, or no.
Brother Timothy drops the glamour of his original self and returns to his normal dark angel appearance

Nmoto says of Dr. Grave, "But. Should be given chance to, pursue that, him. For atone, for wrongs done, him, here."
Jerusalis: It was stated by Grave himself that if he translated his manual, that a group of citizen's could then take the steps to remove his experiment.
Silverwake: Yes, and we also said that needs to be done through supervision.. that could be you Jerusalis or it could be Leonard.
its up to his parole House to coordinate that

Fin Marda: We can certainly coordinate that
Dr Grave: I will adhere to the provisions made in that verdict. I agreed to those.
Hrrum: You have heard the City ruling, how would you respond Grave?
Silverwake: If you're willing to assist the Alliance in this matters Jerusalis, I think it would be warmly welcomed.

Jerusalis: Grave will not be let free at this time. You have a solution in front of you, and there are people who seek their own justice. Neither I nor any of you will deny them that.
Dr Grave: I will not be let free? I will remain imprisoned? What does temporary asylum mean then?
Liolira: we have a way to ...get the manual deciphered
Silverwake: Unfornately the prosecution did not bring any of that up in their case. We made our decisions on what the prosecution brought up as grievances, as what was testified and brought up as evidence. If there was "more" it was the duty...
Jerusalis: After Grave has been tried on Arret, if the justice is found in his favor, he will be returned here to dream out his asylum.

Dr Grave hung his head low
Dumah: That's a death-sentence.
Silverwake: Its not for us to decide Dumah.
Hrrum: If I may
Jerusalis: So I keep hearing, from mouths that have no knowledge of what they speak.
Hrrum looks to the Judges and to the Dreamers gathered.
Silverwake: We were all tasked to interpret wrong-doings here... That's it. The Arrets have their own grievances and those are separate.
Liolira: dont add me to that...I heard the prisoners complaining up at Calenture of his tortures

Dr Grave: A death sentence. With the offering that should I somehow survive and you manage to let me out of there, which we both know you wont, and assuming I still have a coherent mind, then I'm to help those good souls here?

Fin Marda holds on to the task as Dr. Grave's shackled hands prevent him from taking it.
Dumah: We shouldn't be letting them dictate how we conduct our affairs.
Silverwake: May we talk with you Jerusalis?
Nmoto, myself and Tim?
Jerusalis: You may speak as you wish, I will not leave this room with Grave alone.
Liolira: you speak for the whole city Silverwake?
Silverwake: No, I dont speak for the City.
Purple Lace: Then that conversation needs to be public.
Nmoto: Does.
Silverwake: Oh I did not mean it to be private.
Hrrum: Protector of Radiance would seek the Judgement to be carried out and protect the decision from any outside involvement. Justice was served and we will rise to protect it.
I encourage City Guard to stand with us to protect our City.
Dumah nods

Silverwake: The Arrets supported this City is making a decision with the doings of Dr. Grave. There is nothing to prevent him from working on that task with supervision. How that is to be done, is really up to the City.
Purple Lace: The Arretians nay be letting us decide what happens to Grave regarding things Grave has done against the Arretians.
Stormy Edwards: tell ya what
Silverwake: i would imagine that the three things he needs to do, can be carried out in a way that is beneficial to everyone. All of you...
Purple Lace: The charges against Grave here be what he's done HERE.
Silverwake: Need to decide on how that is to be carried out.
Purple Lace: The Arretians want to take him to face his accusers somewhere ELSE.

Stormy Edwards: Take me in his sted, as an insurance policy. Let him have his asylum. If he doesn't come, willingly to serve at your trial.. just take me.
Stormy Edwards: I mean you know where he is.
Liolira: Stormy hun
Dumah: Say what?
Aileron scratches the back of his head a few times
Stormy Edwards eyes jeru
Stormy Edwards: If its all about serving justice, then let it be just.
Purple Lace: But it isn't.
Jerusalis: Those involved don't want a stand-in, citizen. However your offer is honorable and valiant, I commend that.

Liolira: thats not just, he is accused of torture and genocide
Dr Grave: It is my plan to fully carry out the terms of the verdict, Jerusalis. I am not going to run away from them. But to deprive these good people of their justice, is beyond the pale. I have been truthful, honest and compliant.
Stormy Edwards: I'm sure.
Dumah: Honorable and valiant, when was the last time the Arretians ever did something like that?
Stormy Edwards: But if he's not to be set free, then besides a really big fight.. why you just standing here for them?
Liolira: Stormy hun...comer. I dont want you hurt
Jerusalis: You're correct, citizen. The discussion will go no where.
Stormy Edwards: It's not sounds tacticts. It's not making sense.
Plenty of time to talk either way.

Liolira: Stormy hun...comer. I dont want you hurt
please
Stormy Edwards: sorry, to interrupt.
Liolira: hun come on
thank you
Stormy Edwards: none of this is making any sense.
Liolira: its not our business...he dragged us into their affairs
Purple Lace: Tis why drinking during a trial aint the best of ideas.

Jerusalis polished one of the medals hanging from his chest, light enveloping him.
Dissoc: Had your superiors considered this potential outcome, Jerusalis? If so, did you already have a particular directive, in this case?

A Tempest raged the memories where unclear as to the specifics of who did so.

Dr Grave: Jerusalis, reconsider this. These are honorable good people, have exercised justice, one that I agree to it's verdict.

Jerusalis placed his hands on Grave's cuffs, polishing the same medal once more.
Dr Grave was then transported to the Cell Block, in Palisade
Jerusalis: Now, you wish to converse, or take more matters.

Stormy Edwards: which portal gets me out of here?
Jerusalis: Just to be clear. This city will deny the same justice they sought for themselves, correct?
Jerusalis: this one, citizen.
Stormy Edwards: thanks
Liolira: I am not denying anything
Purple Lace: Nay.
Liolira: they can speak for themselves
Hrrum: Never
We can meet in the middle.
Purple Lace: So when will ye be taking Grave to meet his Arretian accusers?
Brother Timothy: the punishment is correct for the crimes commited here

Dissoc: It has been asked if you could hold your trial here as well, I don't know if any others here would disagree with that.
Liolira: better yet, how much time do we have to get Dr. Grave to decipher the manual so we understand it?
Jerusalis: Either tomorrow eve or the next day. Then we will leave your city, this is the solution that has been spouted to me again and again, correct?
Liolira: Ail, go talk to him now please
Jerusalis: If you wish to have the manual translated, I will give a day for that.
Purple Lace: Sounds reasonable.
Aileron: Hey Jeru, can you get me to where Grave is? I have a copy of the manual?
Dissoc: I do apologize, I did what I could to try to get that done sooner.
Liolira: you did Dissoc, and we thank you. Seriously
Jerusalis gave a stiff nod to Aileron, polishing one of the medals on his chest.

The Memories shared ended at this point.
However from what I have gathered post event Dr Grave was then broken out of the cell block by Dumah and PoR. Dr Grave then did start working on the task he was given to repair his crimes in the city. The Runic devices that where placed on the facades of the Houses where removed. However Dr Graves still had the Cuffs, but that could be a subject on its own, and thus I will end this transcript here.
Thank you for the patience in the delay for releasing the full transcription.