Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Bardic Submissions 2 28 2020

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Bardic Submissions 2 28 2020

Post by Roleplayer »

A soft melody of wind chimes tickles the ears, seeming to originate from Lambent. Bardic has begun.
Liolira~ the Missing Skull

Crystal skull, where will you lead?
If we find you, will you give us what we need?
Judgement...
offering answers. erasing doubt in our drastic time of need.
War drums beat, haphazard plans made...
a luminous mountainous path from here it seems,
a dilemma, bent truth, we must address to preserve our dreams.
Crystal skull please reveal what you hold of lucid dreams, will those memories be of a a dark place, full of screams?
secrets in crystallized memories held in hollow sockets was destined to never be shown;
held sacred within those hallow veins of sand we perceive as skull bones.
Like footsteps heard faintly in one's ear.
the pitter patter of a dreamers past steps a journey of
remembered, time warped, are they victims or were they cared for beyond imagination in a corrupted time,
down below, equal to hell, all dreamers know.
Crystal memories reach out with a focused gaze, time no longer frozen, the truth appears.
will it freeze our hearts with fear, dread?
or this skull of crystal truly is made of dreams advanced, free to actualize, fortify

Hrrum
Little Birdie.
A little Birdie jumped from branch to branch one day, Collecting worms and building comfy nest. Its life was simple, crude but full of adventures around the tree that mother left behind.
One day a man that was looking at the Birdie every day from open window, decided that such simple world is not enough for such a beauty creature and placed a birdie in the gold plated cage.
Bird was so scared and cried without end, hoping to escape the treacherous walls between herself and window. The man has clapped his hands and listened to the birdie song as if the birdie granted it to him for all the kindness that he has
given her
Each day has passed, the light in birdie eyes went blank, each day it eat the food and drinked its drink but voice was gone from all the crying.
the little shit! one day man screamed when heard no song in so many days. I gave you everything he said in anger. He reached and squished the birdie out of her life.
the summer past, the tree is empty still. the man closed off his curtains to the windows. the birdie carcus still lays there untouched, becoming part of world around it.

Jade This poem is short and sweet.
You never know what lies beneath
What lurks in the shadows,
What creeps in your sleep
Voices beyond murmur, unknown
Listening, observing, waiting
Chilling to the bone
Be wary or fall prey
To the Palisade

Cyborg, the title is unknown
A cabin dark in valley night
Inside a man, a woman and child
A warm glow, yellow candle light.
Smiles, laughter, love tonight.
Time for bed, the child is tucked
the mother kisses, the father touch
Sleep comes, the dream begins.
A beacon bright! A flash of light!
Awakens the warrior to the dream. A nightmare stalks the city fair.
A flash of blade, a scream of pain the combat joined. A victory gained.
The blade is sheathed, grin face grim. Safe are loved one at this time.
Awakens the warrior, proud and sated. Her parents never knowing what she has done.

Kivander
5 blue ... 4 green.
Good enough
better
Return to Childhood
A pleasant life, so long ago, a child of the kingdom
With parents fair, a roof above, a boy grew happily
He read his books, he learned a trade
His manners found their way
Life was good, his path was clear
... And then his life was changed
One wondrous night he found the Dream
And walked these hallowed realms
So much to see. So much to learn
Each dream another turn
For many moons he ventured off
Learned and shared with others
Goals set, achieved, set again
War had broke out with other shards
The chaos reigned complete
And while he tried so very hard
He could not find the Dream
His family lost, his business gone
Blades became his trade
The years crawled by, his skills did grow
The shadow became his friend
Tricks at first then poisons too
Misery with no end
Each night a different place to sleep
Many on an enemy's shard
And every night, though he tried
The Dream hid better than he
Kivander looks about, then back to his notes
Not long ago, truly recent news
The war did finally cease
And while it is an uneasy peace
His service is at an end
This boy from so long ago
... can now Dream again

Flower of Cienn
There was an old lady named Jo
Whos false teeth were bothering her so
She laid them on her chair
And forgot they were there
Sat down and got bit on her bo-bo

Drizzt’s
Caladar was a Soulmaster and Lyran advisor to the Moon in days gone by
Sadly he was torn from the Dream and lost to the chaos
But that is not the tale I wish to tell
This is about a young Soulmaster named Joram, who Caladar had taken under his wing. Joram would not let sleeping dogs lie and make plans to bring the lost Lyran back from the chaos
for weeks he planned, hardly waking at all to spend time on his shard. He could be found at all hours at the Sable Moon.
Finally the day came, and we all gathered in the Hall of the Moon. Joram, exhausted but hopeful began to channel his energy to pull Caladar back
The members of the Moon, as one, channeled our energy to Joram.
Some of us collapsed from the strain. Others simple woke unable to continue to maintain their hold on the Dream
Then it happened. A rift opened and Caladar stepped through. Then fell to the floor, Cianne and Joram rushed toward him. I focused my energy on closing the rift.
Before Joram could reach our Lyran he was pulled back in!
cyborg almost blurts out, "No!"
Without a single though to his own safety Joram dove in after him
Cianne grabbed his legs. guardDog grabbed Cianne
I, and the others, shifted from trying to close the rift to keeping it open.
With a mighty pull, guardDog yanked Cianne, Joram and Caladar back into the Dream.
With a mighty cheer rising up from the Moon, Caladar had been returned to us!
But it was not meant to be. His condition was too weakened from his time beyond the walls. But with a smile and these final words he slipped from the Dream into the wakening world for the last time
"The Dream will always Persevere."
Drizzt Do'Urden closes his book

Aileron

I don't speak about myself much, however there are peoples or events that somehow shape who we are or how we end up looking at our own existence
My uncle raised me from a young age. And he had a good friend in the village he lives in. He works as a healer for the farmers and the more rural merchants
We would go visit this friend of his from time to time, she was a compassionate woman, filled with sass and vigor. I would interact with her kids, well as much as I could..
It was recently that on returning to my old home from a summons, that i discovered the woman had become ill
My uncle and some others had been doing what they could, but he told me to go visit her while I still could.
I was shocked when I saw her...I've seen a lot in my travels but it's more impactful when it's close to you. I sat down, taking her hand in mine and she, as weak as she was, began telling me stories of her life
How she watched her kids grow, the trials of raising children in the first place, and even though some things didn't turn out how she liked...she always was proud of them. About how she tried to fill her days living in the moment, for that moment.
There was more but i don't want to drone on and on...i left that home later that evening....knowing that even though i couldn't tell her, this woman shaped part of my own being.
Take nothing for granted, dream to the fullest, don't leave the city feeling as if you could have done more. Leave the mark upon the people.

Tamarisk I had never met two of them but I did meet the last one once in passing when he came to seek out Sil when we were smacking Steve the shammie around in Albino.
She said that she was going to go to the pits and help him get better with his blade and flame. I offered to come along and to keep him restored as I was a new big bad SoulMaster.
We all three went down to the pits. We all formed a party.
Sil went into the left side and the guy and I went into the right side. I used chamele and got my restore ready.
Sil kept whispering to me and distracting me.
He was doing alright for a newly. I restored him when I needed to.
The last whisper from Silver was that I should stop talking and pay more attention to what I was doing.
I of course said, If I can't keep one newly from floating to an ago, then I should just give up already.
Wellllll....
Completely forgetting to heal him from his last battle with the ago, I let a 50 chak fire slip and BLAMMO! Floating newly.
Tamarisk shrugs a bit
I wanted to crawl into a hole and disappear.
Sil ran in and asked what happened.
I said, I might have done a thing.
I pointed to Meng floating in the distance.
Of course, Sil had to say, I thought you could keep a newly from floating.
responded, I did keep him from floating. I just didn't say I wasn't going to float him myself.
Meanwhile Meng was just floating there listening.
So moral is, sometimes you have to beat your husbands to get their attention...or something like that
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung