Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Chimeric Knowledge

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Belom

Chimeric Knowledge

Post by jtbadn »

***Originally Posted in Notices & Edicts, I thought it might be better to keep this around.***

I was late to the initial meeting in the Chimeric Plane and even later getting out the information I intended to release to the City much sooner. However, for the City. So that we are all in the know, this is what happened in the Chimeric Meeting.

After arriving, I apologized for my tardiness to the gathered dreamers. I had just been told about this meetup by Master Em'et after reporting a quest. I was unsure what the whole story was so I asked, "What is this story of someone hunting a war criminal?"
Purple Lace had responded, "That's why we be here, Belom"

Aileron interjected some personal feelings regarding the subject when he said, "Now when it comes to Dr Grave, I am willing to concede that it is possible that all of these accusations are moot without any proof. But also from personal experiences with the person, I bring it to everyone to also ponder the what if they are in fact true?

Liolira argued, "If they are true...we have a damn plague to worry about...because these experiments resulted in genocide."

Then Tamarisk said, "I'd like to point out that Dr Grave said that PoR were his allies. Just throwing that out there. He may be trying to divide us and pit us against each other."

Aileron came back to Liolira and Tamarisk with, "Apparently these three said he was part of some genocide?"

Fin Marda responded, "He certainly doesn't want us united."

Then, Aileron said this, which I found most shocking, "Well both Sadara and myself spoke to Grave and he in fact said he wanted the crown and to quote *rule* the city. That was just after the darkness was dealt with. On top of him personally threatening myself...I have a bit of a lean towards the man could do some pretty dark things."

It was at this time, since I was still a bit out of the loop, I humbly whispered to Tamarisk if he could fill me in on what this meeting was all about.
This is what Tamarisk had explained to me:

Three people from Arret came to the City last night and went straight for Dr Grave. Said that he was to be taken with them to be executed for his crimes in another City. They couldn't restrain him so they took up residence in the Union. And we are here to discuss what we know and create a strategy for the future.

Liolira said that the what she knew was that Dr Grave went in and during experiments on all the Valorians, some went willing and the others were taken out by a plague that caused these citizens to turn into duskmares...
and then died, suffering horrible deaths by shifting between dreamer and duskmares. Liolira stated that there was a point of no return.

There was a bit of discussion about the duskmares and ixu'pi. It was mentioned that it was believed that the duskmare is a dreamer and a maren combined. But everything began to get very confusing at this time so Icarus steps in and said, "Let us just forget about ixu'pi for a moment, it just seems to be clouding the waters."

Aileron continues, saying, "What I am saying is, do we even need to get in the middle of any of this? If they have proof then aye, they can show us and that's done. But do they need to show it after some of the things some of us have experienced with Grave?"

Liolira interjects with, "Well you are owned by him now, according to his words." After hearing what was mentioned, Aileron leans forward somewhat, resting his palms on the stone table. Fin Marda stated then that she had declined the experiment and that she was extremely happy that she had done so.

Purple Lace mentioned, in response to Liolira, "I believe that may be different that he may be saying it." She further went on to state, "The point remains: the dreamer has sought refuge here. So do we just allow another group to bully in and take what they want? What if'n it be ye buddy they come for next? Ye loved one?"

Icarus had poised the question to Hrrum as to what exactly he promised Grave, and Hrrum replied to Icarus's question, "I don't know if my words fall on your ears before I stormed so I'll repeat. Master Akkadian vouched for Dr Grave. He assured us that we don't have to worry about him at all. That they both worked together before on many projects."

I, Belom will vouch for the words Hrrum said here as they were quite true.

Hrrum continued to say, "My part of experiment was exciting. I have worked with some of you and tested our powers. I would recollect the experiences back to Dr Grave and I never felt any oppression coming from the guy. He was excited and head deep in to the experiment."

Icarus interrupts asking, "So let me get this straight, we have a dr graves, vouched for by a prominent and trusted elder, who is alleged by three strangers to have committed atrocities, with no proof or evidence?"

Purple Lace responds first saying, "Correct, Icarus, ... Who seeks sanctuary here.

Aileron, responding to both Icarus and Lace states, "However, Dr Grave also came from the Lower Palisade, threatened this city, threatened to kidnap people against their will and wanted to *rule* us.

Purple Lace replies to Aileron, "But he isn't doing that. Methinks that's just the way he talks."

Fin Marda shrugs "He never tried to kidnap or coerce me"

Hrrum argued, "But...he always sought compliance, he never pushed his agenda on any dreamer. He asked for a volunteer who would agree to join him as his patient."

I interjected my own thoughts here and said, "I think we should first find out if we are all willing to grant or deny Grave Safe Harbor from these visiting dreamers."

Aileron responds, "I am all for keeping an open mind of getting the proof first and then just standing back. But I ask that everyone also keep an open mind that this person may NOT be worth putting any trust or faith in. He said THAT night that he would take people by force if he had to."

I agreed and Lace also, but she did interject saying, "But he hasn't."

Aileron then says, "The fact that he hasn't does not make it any less of a threat towards the citizens of the city."

I listened for a moment but had to ask, "Are these Arrets after anyone of us besides Grave? Do they pose a threat only to Grave?"

Sadara, of sound mind, made a wise cautionary decision when she stated, "Maybe instead we wait... these three people that arrived have only talked and yet to bring any action to the table. Dr Grave has shown some strange actions in the same, as speech. We should reconvene once we get more info."

I thought, that was keeping an open mind and I agreed with Sadara.

Liolira did state that Grave agreed to attend this very meeting with us and yet, he did not show.

Finally, Hrrum came back with a response to my question. Hrrum answered me saying, "The minute they faced the opposition Belom, they included Apothos and myself to the list of dreamers they want to prosecute." Icarus agreed with Hrrum hearing the same.

Aileron spoke up then saying, "Now...to what Hrrum said...I will not stand by while OUR citizens get threatened."

Liolira looked at me dead in the eye and said, "Skewerized....Belom...you remember what they did to Sethyn and Cynthaya?" Anger filled her and Liolira cried out, "DAMNIT! These are our people!"

Aileron then said, "They apparently just want this one man and then they leave? Stay? Did they say?" Liolira answered him saying that Garilus said he would leave.

Icarus stated, "Yes it would be interesting to know what they are charged with what legal defenses they can mount those things."

Purple Lace rebuttals with, "Well they've set up house. I would say the longer haul, if'n ye asked me."

Confusing talk continued and Sadara speaks up once more saying, "I really think we need more info. All these broken ends, only will stir anxiety among us. We have to stay focused and learn a little more about these three."

Rafe agreed with Sadara saying, "Yes, we need more info."

At this point of my own confusion did I call out Liolira saying I felt that she was blaming the Radiant dreamers for these outside dreamers coming to the City but I had apparently misread her entire meaning. What she had meant was, as soon as Dr Graves went to the Protectors of Radiance, the Arrets assumed the Radiant were shielding them and responded by setting up shop, thinking they have to battle
"Garilus," Liolira nods as she continues with, "He is a war monger Belom."

Aileron then says, "Basically they are assuming that PoR is protecting Grave, thus they are camping at one of the houses."

I apologize to Liolira and thank her for the clarity even though, inside my own head this was still very confusing as if too much was being bundled with one thing.

Nathan then walked up beside Lace and Hrrum silently as Tamarisk said, "Well they assumed that because he said that they, being the Radiance, were his followers. He is trying to cause the rest of us to take sides." At this, Aileron mentioned that Tamarisk could very well be right in his thoughts.

Liolira fires in with "... and all they did was respond...to being arted....or attacked. Apothos...fired back because he was attacked. Lace didn't, he kept her calm." Then Hrrum mentioned that they had paralyzed him as soon as he had entered the Ring of Passage. He also stated that he was hit three times before returning fire, after asking them politely not to use any offensive arts. Hrrum then mentioned that their reply was to ward up the room (The Ring of Passage - Edgeward Barrows).

Liolira then says, "The message was clear...*do not interfere. We are taking him. Interfere and you will suffer the consequences.* That is a narcissistic ego maniac warmongering idiot," she exclaims!

Purple Lace then interjected that it was a test of control. "He did it then commanded that we dun Shatter the Wards"

Shocked from everything I have head in this meeting I state very boldly, "These men have no place here. Perhaps Grave doesn't either but Grave has done nothing to merit any sort of removal from Lyraclese. How are we to know what is condign for the so called crimes he may have commuted in other lands?"

Hrrum's response was, "Usually when you come to someone *home* you do not act this way. Maybe they are individuals of different cultures then us. But it doesn't mean we have to accept it easily. As of now, they are here, they set up camp. they are in close proximity to palisades as Mandus mentioned and they showed little or none respect to anyone around them."

In response to Hrrum's words, I declare, "We should not accept them at all. I am neutral in the case of Grave, but I am certainly against his oppressors after hearing they have condemned our own."

Icarus asks, "Did the experiments cause the plague? Did Dr Graves? Or did something else? We don't have a way of telling."

The reply came from Purple Lace who said, "Let's try nay to get flustered just yet. We have questions that need answers."

>Nathan slams his fist on the table abruptly.
In a booming voice he shouts, "I'll be damned if an army of titans overrun our city. I will blow the Union to the ground before that happens!"

Purple Lace blinks, looking at Nathan and says, "If'n they convicted him at trial, there would be evidence shown a jury. We could look at that.

I then stated that I would like to see a list of charges from these men... as well as a list of answers we seek.

Aileron suggests, "Again, one solution is to just give them Grave...putting that out there."

Nathan asks, "Do you honestly think it will stop there?"
And Purple Lace adds, "Aileron, m'problem comes when they come back. What if'n they come for oh... say Uthanatos next?"

Hrrum then explains, "Last night, Grave wished to answer all questions and clear his name. Is it shards that held him away or some other encounters. We should give him a chance to address us."

Tamarisk states then, "I don't trust the Arretians. Their past with us speaks volumes against them. And their recent behavior doesn't help win them any points with me. Grave, he runs hot and cold. I don't know enough about him to just hand him over to someone *just because*.

I reply to Tamarisk saying, "Grave is not from here. I too do not trust these visitors. I am curious to know what Akkadian thinks of all of this."
Rafe agrees with Tamarisk saying, "All of our past Arretian encounters were negative." Then Liolira suggests that she had thought that Akkadian had been played in controlled projects. Fin Marda asked if anyone had seen Akkadian lately?

Aileron brings the focus back to the group by saying , "The biggest issue right now is..what do we DO right now? Are we coming together on this, everyone doing their own?"

Liolira replies, "Well...I am not going to throw conjecture out there. I would hope our teaching Master Elder...didn't know that he has the whole city in his concerns."

Hrrum says to Aileron, "Right now our main sacred mission is to be a solid front. No division among us."

Aileron proclaims, "Right, then where do we all stand?" He looks over the gathered dreamers.

I look up and say, "Aileron, I think Tamarisk and Sadara had valid points... Sadara said we do not have enough information and that it is lacking. Tamarisk had mentioned that it is possible that we are all being played.

Right now we need answers to questions so we all need to question everything.

Aileron added, "We should have Grave also put forth some evidence of innocence while we try to get some evidence of guilt. And make it known that our citizens will not be part of this....whatever these new dreamers are doing.

So our plan is to collect all the knowledge we can from these Arretians and Dr Grave and plan to meet here again and discuss what our actions will be at that time. We need to keep our minds open and judge not.

This is not our fight. This is not our fight yet.

And until then, we need to stay united.

The Monastery, The Alliance, Calenture and The Basin all agreed that without more information we cannot support the Arrets demands and that we are all opposed to anyone being removed from this City without due process.

Tamarisk stated that In the meantime, he would be getting the stores of the Monastery stocked. Nathan nodded stating "I recommend everyone gather their stores. Prepare for the worst."

Hrrum asks, "Belom, is there any way we could instigate your visions. Did you noticed any triggers that starts it?"

I look back at him thoughtfully and respond, "Hmm... I see what happens before its time. However, it is not always the same scene which I saw in a vision. For instance, I never saw Grave until I met him face to face within the Vault of the Dreamers of Light."
Hrrum gathers his thoughts and adds, "What I'm getting at, maybe we could force you to fall in the state of mind when vision strikes. It might give us a seance of what will come."

Liolira then states, "It can't be guaranteed, Hrrum...any decision can alter that future"
Hrrum replies, "We are at the point when we need to get the information with any method."

I look at them both, with the collection of dreamers looking upon us and I say to them, "Perhaps my vision was not about Dr Grave.. . but I can tell you that I did see a dreamer from old... one who had been here in this City... or Lyra, or Idoaclese ... but from ancient times... The Arretians fit that description... And it was in this vision that I saw that a great power had been brought with them. For us? I am not certain of that." I pause for a moment, the voices of the gathered all quiet for just a brief moment and I state, "I will prepare the mirror for another event of Scrying. Perhaps a new vision might show us more."

Tamarisk adds, "I can speak with the Shadow and see if it has any past information that could help us."

Liolira suggests that Belom use the Anvil in the Edgeward Barrows and to utilize its energies as a medium point of conduit. Some dreamers talk among themselves of gazing through scopes, when Belom mentions, "We have no need to look outside the City. Water is a wonderful medium to work with, fire or smoke, even the skies."

Then Aileron replies, "Well we definitely have enough sky...well for now at least, who knows when that goes next."

I continue saying, "Even a wall could certainly do the trick as long as the mind is tamed and trained for it. I think the Anvil is a good choice Liolira.
It is a very grounded place.

Rafe agrees saying, "True, good scrying only needs feet on the ground, and senses open."

Hrrum looks at Belom saying. "As I said, we should use our knowledge and our ways in gathering it then just listening to words of ether side. If Eldenus Titanul knows something....we should seek what he knows."

I was not overly thrilled hearing the mention of the starred dreamer as I personally did not trust him... but then again, what if Eldenus Titanul is the one from my vision? I am still uncertain.

So it is settled, at least for the time being ... to simply find out more information as we cannot act unknowingly for that will only lead to headache and invite more chaos. So I urge you all...keep open your eyes, your ears and your mind and share what you know about such things freely with one another.

Look to the future!

~Belom
Scryer, Prophet, Brother of the Shadow, Friend of many dreamers.
~Belom The Scrying Prophet