Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Laieus' Notes - Of Alder during CSP 2

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Laieus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Laieus

Laieus' Notes - Of Alder during CSP 2

Post by Laieus »

As I have been part of the Dream for a while, some of you may have come to know me
as an avid note taker, and someone who tries to learn of events past. A few have suggested
that I share my notes with the Dream in a more easily accessible form.

Hopefully each entry will be a relatively complete recounting of events and theories of the time. To be used, preferably, for the betterment of the Dream. When I have more information I will hopefully update them here.

The Following is a firsthand recounting of the happenings around Alder and the cancelled second meeting for the Chaos Singularity Process
I have attempted to convey tones and pauses so as to let interpretation of intent be simpler.
Afterwards I shall share some of the theories that where discussed after the events.

Sadara: so tonight's discussion will be on the blending of chaos how we can achieve it and the mathematics that are involved
with such. We'll start slow and ease our way into the meat of ratios and such so tonight will be a light math tasting
So with this blending, there will be some dangers that are involved, in fact... very dangerous.
Dreamsoul and Chaos are combustive, and Chaos as we all know is unpredictable.
Dreamsoul in its form is a water to fire scenario
it tends to put out the chaos or increase its power

An attack by 4 daymares then took place, unfortunately I didn't manage to note down their names, we where joined by a few other dreamers during this attack and then followed on to continue the Discussion.

Sadara: I had stated to Aileron and Uthanatos, that Chaos wells are a route that we can go down.
Going into well and really looking into how it can be accomplished
However ratios will also be a big thing as we will need equal balance of Chaos and Dreamsoul
So I have already Researched and done small scaled experiments, we will be working with odd and even numbered ratios.
I have noted that Chaos is mostly ratioed in odd sequences,
and evened numbers of Dreamsoul are patterned in similar sequences
So getting a balance of both, will be tricky. so I have an idea of ratios, however I want to get more options on the ratio of Chaos to Dreamsoul

We where then once more interupted by Something Odd whispering:
Bloooooddd isssss memmmorrrriessss...

Sadara : Oh no the blood didn't work...
You remember the blood I administered Ail... I don't know if it worked...
Aileron: are these leaves spreading?
Sadara: I don't know...?
Father are you awakening? or need... blood? or...? I don't know what else is needed... memories?
Sadara seemed to think to herself before shaking her head gently as she looked at the leaves on the ground

The tree slowed, and stopped eerily still...

Sadara summoned a soul Reaper and held the reaper in the palm of her hand and pointing the dagger against her other palm gently
She then cuts an inch of flesh within her hand and proceeds to smear her bloodied hand against Alder's chest
After a while Sadara then closed her hands together as she healed her palm

The Blood Soaked into the Wood, seeping in as if drawing in water...
The Wooden figure sucked in a slow, labored breath. It crackled through the wood like the popping and snapping of a campfire.
The branches above swayed in an unfelt wind, creaking and whistling.

Alder then appeared, for those unfamiliar with his appearance here is what I could gather from observing him closer.
The upper half of a man grows from the tree, here. His eyes are dull, gray, near lifeless things, slightly too far apart.
A strong handsome jaw is wasted on his otherwise plain face. When he speaks, his voice is low, and slow, as if he considers every syllable he utters before making its sound

Sadara looked at Alder with a warm expression and smiled brightly, '' Hello Father, Alder'
Alder: Ssssaadddaarrra...
Sadara: Yes...?
Alder Wheezed, a dark ooze slipping from his lips...failing to speak.
Sadara looks on with widening eyes, 'Father... are...' she envokes purify on alder instantly

(Cloud and Purple Lace seemed to have heard whispers of some sort , Lace's whisper was later confirmed to be:'bloooooodddd iiiisssss mmmmeeeemmmooorrriiieeesss')

Alder coughs black ooze, spitting a pile of it before him.
Nathan nudges Sadara and then says: you sure you don't need help.
Aileron pointing the ooze: anyone have a jar or something
Alder sucks in a slow labored breath: 'Ssssaaa - cough! ddaaaaaraaa....!'

After a bit of a back and forth about who had something to pick up the ooze,
Sadara picked the ooze in a jar and passed it to Aileron. and asked Nathan to put some protections on Alder.
The tree shook and the room trembled..
It shook for a moment before the dreamers present regained their balance.

Chhhillllldddd........ Fffffffreeeee meeeeee..... Releeeassssssse meee...
Alder sucked in another labored breath, coughing more dark ooze.
Sadara looked at alder and gently placed her hand back on his shoulder. asking how she could free him
She then asked Lace what she thinks of the Ooze

I suggested using free action, and Nathan tried seemingly to no effect.

Sadara asked once more how to release Alder
Sadara looked at Alder with a warm and patient expression, as she took out a hankerchief and wiped the corners of his mouth with it. The black ooze staining the cloth quickly.

Cloud: what if we all give him some of our blood?
Liolira: no... not all
Cloud: Right.
Uthanatos: him taking of the blood of others gives him some strength for a time, and lets him see some of your memories, albeit without much context
Sadara: let us... wait and see. I dont want to put anyone in danger, or get hurt. I mean of course I hurt myself in this, which is well...
Alder implored Sadara to free him yet again

I suggest that it might be a connection of blood to enhance the potency of an art that is required
Aileron then let some of his blood flow onto Alder
Nathan shared some of his as well
Alder face split into a grimace of pain 'Aaaaaillllerrroon.... Chillld offf CAALLLLLLENTURE!!'
Sadara looked with widened eyes at Alder and then to Aileron as she continued to hold Alder's shoulder, 'what..?'
Lio suggested it might be feeding an alter ego to Bashir (no one else then and there seemed to agree immediately)
Clouds blood soaked into the wood, like water in soil...
Alder: I neeed... the blood... CHAOSSSSSS..... BEYOND THE VEIL, CHILD, BEYOOOND THEEEE VEEEEEEILLLLL
Alders wooden feature froze, animation failing. The branches above froze, leaves falling in twirling, hypnotic patterns.

This ends the close transcription of the Event, the following are some theories and information that where shared on site and afterwards by various members about things that might be of interest to the case for the ones that I know the origin of the theories I shall mention them:

Raw, pure Chaos?
The Veil could be the division between us and the DA or the Mists
The veil could also be the Acropolis, or the Breach
It seems to be a warning
The Blood could also be reference to blood of the Dark ones

The ooze may have some link to either Cleanse mare background or a perpetual curse machine
He's coughing up poison
which may mean he's filled with it

Lio: the entrance point of the pure energy is in the dream forge
maybe collecting a flow of it and feeding it to his roots
it comes down that shoot... Kanto explains
its the purest form of dreamsoul

Lace: well the only other references should be about the discovery of The Conclave.
I refer to when he first appeared... must be close to two years ago now
Arnaya made a weekly posting of events when she dreamt. There may be a reference there about Alder... she was quite fond of him too.
But a long story short... he appeared after some people were doing something around that big tree at the Totality exit
he mentioned the phrase about 'blood is memories'
but we've ne'er been able to figure out what he's talking about.
People smear blood all o'er him and it hasn't helped yet.
But he did help open up the Conclave.