Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

HangOver... Amended...

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

HangOver... Amended...

Post by -Lacie- »

A single page lays on the ground. It appears to have been ruffled significantly by a torrent of Wind, two of the corners are beginning to tatter, although the ink used to pen the inscription almost seems... to glow like a fiery ember.

As you reach down to pick it up, you wonder why you haven't seen this parchment laying here before, although your eyes tell you this note has been here for some time. The page appears to have been torn from some sort of notebook or journal.

The week had been a busy one, full of dizzying discussions. The ideas were flying like wildfire; I sure hope someone was writing them all down!

The day after ... I barely had the strength to raise my head in my meager Black Box. Thankfully, it didn't require me to do anything but lay there... in Blissful Instability. That I could do and with ease, knowing the Darkness had been fended off... at least for now.

She manages to raise a finger to her lips, crossing them as if to prohibit some secret from escaping.

Had they noticed.... really? Most likely not, and that was best for them... for now. Rest, I needed rest and as soon as I get this impromptu discussion here concluded, I really need to get some rest. What was it? Three of these type meetings, then there was the discussion... hell, it was an all-out debate on the consequences of our actions that occurred after the FreeSpirit meeting last Sunday. Did it matter? It was done and it wasn't like we could un-do it... well, not ~that~ easily, anyway.

And Nathan! For crying out loud! Gimme a break, dude! I mean your ideas are wonderful, complicated and inclusive! But ye o'erloading me! I can't remember the first and now ye telling me about the fifth! Write this stuff down, dude!

He's so talented and I rarely stop him when he's like this. His eyes see such a different City than I see, and it simply fascinates me how he can see in such a different light. It's invigorating... and exhausting, all at the same time.

Hrrum now... he and I see more alike, but his eyes, his many eyes... take in perspectives that I cannot even imagine.

It had happened though... hadn't it?

She couldn't tell if she actually opened or closed her eyes, but one ~of the two~ had happened. She was nearly certain of it.

The Courtyard seemed in perfect order. "That's always a good sign."

Would they leave her alone for a few hours tonite, or would they all gather where-ever she was... again..., and go over the minute details of what happened a week ago?

She checked her halos and gasped! She turned her mirror around and looked again. Her eyes did not deceive; the large one was Azure and the small one... was blaze with Ruby tones! "Ok, ok, ok, ok... have to think here" She rummaged through her pack, unable to access or use most of the items inside. A heavy breath blown out, dust, debris, and a few leaves get caught up and whirl into a torrent, floating just above the ground.

As her fingers reach the bottom of the satchel, they feel some powdery dust. Coating her hand and bringing it out slowly, she held the powdery-coated hand high in the air. The particulate matter mixed with the whirling dust and debris, changing the whirlwind's color to that of ancient rubescent clay.

"This better work, or I'll have a lot of explaining to do...", she whispers as she walks through the whirlwind and towards a portal. She looked left and right and decided the stronghold would be a better place to see if it worked, and would give her a chance to cover the halos... if it didn't.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."