Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Hiding Mind - #1 The Bonking Knob.

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Belom

The Hiding Mind - #1 The Bonking Knob.

Post by jtbadn »

The Hidden Mind - The Dreamer Belom's more private thoughts.

#001 The Bonking Knob.

The mind you see... such a tricky thing, that; which all it sees, all it knows and it's all right at arms reach.
...Turn the knob, Push.

Knob? Now you're thinking, 'this guy has lost it,' but I assure you, it is there.

The 'knob' that is our entry to anything and everything. All possibilities lie just inside a little, simple thing like the 'knob'.

I overheard Purple Lace talking just the other day about 'bonking' (not to be confused with 'boinking'). She said that all three must exist, The Darkness, The Light, The Shadow ... or did she mean Imprison, Cleanse, Banish?

Hmmm... That's a door.. Turn the knob one of you! See where it leads!

Something Coraal had mentioned around the time of the bonking, has brought me struggle in finding agreement with is when he said "The Darkness is the sentient manifestation of all that is negative about the sapient experience". I do not know if I agree that The Darkness is a manifestation of negativity, but rather would lean to "The Darkness portrays more negative aspects regarding the sapient experience than does The Light, depending on how it is viewed." The Darkness is quite simply, the absence of The Light, therefore The Darkness could be viewed in the City as The Unknown, a shrouded persona, or the even void of The Light.

If The Light were knowledge, then would not The Darkness be the knowledge yet unknowns is sporadic and The Light, collected as is The Darkness a risk taker, which would cause The Light to keep on course. Each of them balanced to do great and powerful things in our lives! If The Light portrayed strength, would The Darkness then be viewed as weakness? I think not. Who says that The Darkness is opposite of The Light? If this were true, who is the opposite of The Shadow?

If there be a door and The Light was seen as the knob, then The Darkness would be the turning.

The mind has many doors and many knobs and likely a great deal of thinks that bonk. What lies beyond the doorways that the mind keeps hidden?

One last thing ...

'bonk' in a mirror looks more like 'knob'

bonk|knob // knob|bonk
~Belom The Scrying Prophet