Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

To the Keepers of the Monastery:

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

To the Keepers of the Monastery:

Post by Tentacle »

It's my hope today that I can give a statement removed of reactionary responses. It is clear to me that in the heat of the moment, reactions have not been doing any of those recently involved in situations any favors.

I want it to be clear that while I have serious concerns with some policy decisions, such as the perceived revision of history to write out figures on the Shadowed Past, there is in my heart of hearts no animosity. Had I an axe to grind I most certainly would not have humbled myself before two separate administrations seeking entry into the Monastery of this new age.

I do not know what I am thought to have done in past ages or the current one to warrant the frequent reports of anger and threats communicated through a line of politicians and back to me. I truly felt nothing but respect and love for members of my family old, and new, and hoped in time wounds would be mended, and a new era would expand before us. Sadly this has not come to pass, and conversations continue to bring with them confusion and mixed messages.

If I have done something, I will answer for it. But I cannot enter into a relationship, personal or political, based on mutual respect and a desire to understand if I am treated only to backbiting and character assassination. I seek only to make our existence better, not worse. I truly believe if people were to enter into a calm and rational conversation with me, this would be the truth that they would take away.

I cannot be in all places at all times, just as I cannot be all things to all people. When you attack me for the crimes and slights of others, I respond in what ways I can to protect myself. If you have been interfered with by word or by action, share this with me, and I shall act. When approached with condescension and vitriol, I must first process through all of the poison before I can arrive at anything that is buried within. The process is exhausting. It is not a complicated relationship that I desire for us. Preferably a mutually beneficial and fortifying one. We share many of the same enemies and are only made weaker for our division. Division, intolerance, the suspicion is not something I want for either of us.

I am not an enemy of the Temple of Shadows; I am and ever shall be one of the Shadowed in all that I do.

The Matron
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper