Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

It's been awhile

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

It's been awhile

Post by Elmer »

Hey everybody,

I haven't written anything in awhile, I was actually considering reviving my Dear Elms! advice column..ha! We'll see, but it was a lot of fun.

No this is a bit of a more serious topic.

I'm in my 3rd year of dreaming and in that time I've learned a lot, seen a lot, experienced a lot. Joy, heartache, elation, pain. I went from the PC to the Alliance to the Monastery.
I'm a quiet, peaceful sort, for the most part. But sometimes if you are that, you tend to get dismissed a lot.

In my time at the Alliance as an initiate and eventually a ruler, was when I learned the most. It was during that time that I tattooed the word
>Forgive< on my inner wrist.

Let's talk about forgiveness.

It is a subject that most would rather avoid and also a practice that most would rather avoid. How come? Cuz people as a whole are out for numero uno,
and to forgive, means that you must put others before yourself, to TRULY forgive, and let go of things that you might harbour deep inside you have to swallow pride
and ego and any other nasty chunks that are stuck in your throat, humble yourself and forgive.

Carrying grudges is freaking exhausting, trust me, been there, done that and it is also mentally unhealthy. The longer you carry around a grudge
or have a hate on for someone or something, the deeper it eats into you and the more bitter you become.

I used to love to listen to brother Ra'as when he gave his sermons, and maybe in that I learned a little bit of this "preaching" on my own, i miss him, he actually had a profound effect on my dreams, I wish I could have told him that before.... anyhow.

I'm not better than any of you or anybody, none of us are, but I am always trying to learn and strive to be a better person, for me? no, for people around me,
why? because if i am a better me, maybe I can somehow be able to help you more effectively with your goals and dreams.

If you have to say you're sorry, say it, mean it, if somebody has to say sorry to you, accept it, forgive. Try.

Elms
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-