Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Elmer who?

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Elmer who?

Post by Elmer »

Elmer Ronald Edwards

That is my name and not an attractive one at that. As a kid and even to this day, I get teased for that name, which is actually pretty ridiculous
seeing as I didn't name myself, but whatever.
Also as a little kid I was incredibly awkward, shy and socially inept and was up until my late teens. Because of this people knew they could
get the upper hand on me and would often prank me, call me names and try to embarrass me to try to look cool.

I lived in a large busy city in a rather opulent neighbourhood.
Our family had a lot of money, I never knew what my father did but he was always able to give my mother anything she wanted and
needed, she lived a very fancy lifestyle, when I would ask about why we were so rich, I'd be brushed off, and told "when you're older".

We always had a lot of visitors, "uncles" who came to the house and would close themselves away in my fathers study. As I aged I started
odd jobs here and there to keep myself busy and one day I was walking home and ran into my father ,we walked together and turned a corner to see
a gang of bullies who always used to wait for me there. They didn't give a shit that my father was there and sprang on me, and literally beat me to a bloody
pulp, when my father stepped in, they stabbed him, as he laid there bleeding to death on the pavement he pulled me close to his face and whispered to
me to go see "Uncle Ceasar" and that this wasn't going to happen to me anymore.

The loss of my father was hard, it made me angry, bitter and cold. After a few days I went to go see Uncle Ceasar. He told me that our family was in the
"banking business" lending money to those who needed it, but sometimes the people didn't want to pay back the money on time or couldn't.

Uncle Ceasar put me to work as a "Debt Collector" at that time in my life I was full of rage and exacting revenge was like a drug to me. I collected my debts
by........... any means possible. I have done things to people that you could not even --- begin to fathom...I am not proud of that.

As the years went on i forgot how to feel, I was void of emotion unless it was anger, until one fateful day.. I was collecting on a debt and the man
began to taunt me, call me names, I was taken back to my childhood and in a blind rage, i snapped his neck, and as his limp lifeless body fell to the floor
behind him, stood his small daughter, she must have been about 6, looking up at me and laughing, clapping and said..."YAAY!! My turn! I play dead now with daddy!"

I turned away from that life, that day and left my shardic home and went to a quiet place on several acres with no neighbours around me,
I have all the money i could ever want or need, but money don't mean shit.

One night in a fitful sleep of nightmares, I woke to find myself in the city of dreams. I was lost, confused, awkward..well, i was me, the old me but with
something else as I realized. I dreamt and dream as a peaceful, caring man as I continue to clear my mind of the horrors of my past.
Also as time and years have passed in the city, I have become stronger and stronger in Empathy, I feel each and every one of your joys but mostly your pains.

The Darkness and the Chaotic energies in the dreamstate quite literally cause me physical and mental anguish, I have come to accept this and believe it is my
punishment for doing, what I did...what I have done.

I also have, what I can only refer to as my "vibes" I am able to sense of something is going to go horribly wrong far far before it happens, this has been tested
over the years, as I had warned of things and people would not listen, only to then later have these "vibes" of mine come to be fact. Now people are more prone to listen.

That is all I have to say. Judge as you will, but we all have.....things, don't we.

>>Elms<<
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-