Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

☼ Crown of Parity ☼

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

☼ Crown of Parity ☼

Post by Tentacle »

Stage 1: The Shards

All that Kanto opened my eyes to as he opened the door to me has led me to this point. I do not think he truly understood just what he had uncovered when he stumbled upon the Primordial Shrines and the Fonts within. Kanto began his work with me with a few basic rules of Planesmithing. Nothing he shared with me in those beginning lessons gave me any indication that he knew where this journey would take us. As our work continued, I witnessed in him a childlike exuberance that came with each discovery. As he continued to excavate more, it became clear that this was no simple archaeological discovery. I do not know what force was behind bringing us together in the way that it did, but as our work continued it became evident that something beyond our imagining was speaking to the both of us through our connections with these terrible and beautiful Primordial secrets.

We quickly moved beyond fundamental topographical discoveries and relationships into fantastic work to establish energetic conduits. I realize now that these first projects laid the groundwork for a deeper understanding of parity and the balance of cosmological forces we had never before considered. There are those who may use the word balance, but they use it only in the most basic sense of understanding and for no higher purpose than agitprop. It has previously only been used as a measure of relativity and justification for reactionary motivations.

My mentor and I found ourselves swept up in a chronologically based anomaly. The Darkness, The Revenant, The Coven of the Echt and the Yissen were found to be caught up in a cycle that turned our notion of time on its head. The details of this Saga will be recorded elsewhere.

Having lost my mentor and being faced with options that do not meet with my pleasure, I have determined that a solution can be found back where this all began. With the Primordial secrets revealed to me through our work and through forces beyond my understanding that are connected to the Breach.

My role in the Saga, now, is to find a resolution. While I have not shown grief as others have, with balloons and games, I have expressed my pain. Those who stood beside me as I empowered the Vacuity Shard and the Profusion Shard can attest to this.

It is my goal now to demonstrate through action and intent just what my potential and my path has now become. I am the mother of creation. I am a vessel of potential. I am Creation, and I am Death. I will ascend and become an energetic being of perfect parity.

Of course, words are easy.

The first step of my current work and resolution for our current predicament is to empower the Vacuity Shard and the Profusion Shard. And so; I did. Within the Temple of the Elements, I did gather with a number of my fellows to attempt an act of empowerment. Channelling the knowledge entrusted to me and that which I have developed on my own, I escaped my physical limitations if only for a short time. Acting as a conduit myself, I shed my avatar as one might peel back the layers of an onion. Through manipulation of the Dreamstate itself and application of elemental mastery, I empowered the Shards as mentioned above, bringing them to life with the raw and unadulterated power of the cosmos beyond. What's more, I used these same skills and knowledge I have within me to safely contain these primal energies, successfully empowering the shards.

This journey has opened my eyes to powers that leave me in awe. I have been humbled and engorged with pride. I have felt the sharpest pangs of loss and blazing moments of adoration. Above all of these things, I hold within my soul a white-hot ember of revenge. It burns, but it does not consume. It tempers me. Through the loss and the grief, I have become stronger, stronger than most can allow themselves to imagine.

I am just getting started.

The Matron 🕷️
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
Tentacle
Dreamer

The Shards: Profusion and Vacuity

Post by Tentacle »

My path has been an arduous one, and I am not a creature who remains idle. There is always a question I want to answer or something fantastic I want to explore. It was during this chance encounter that my current project (one of many) was inspired. An alternate power source must be found. That is if we are to control our destiny. My goal? Escape the temporal anomaly in which we are currently trapped. Might we do this without sacrifice? I intend to find out.

One thing I do know is that whoever is to stand against The Darkness, should we get that far, must be able to withstand the existential tempest that will attack every part of them. The Throne of the Queen is rumoured to give them the power to do just that but at a terrible cost. It is that cost I hope to avoid. I believe it is entirely possible to encapsulate energy enough to circumvent the Throne of the Queen while providing the same crucial resistance that is required for one who would be Champion.

Where would I find such power? Within the Primordial Breach. I have taught much about this place and what lies outside of our city. I have spent countless hours in study and practice learning all I can. That is why I believe that it is from the energetic reserves of the Breach itself that I can draw power enough to create one part of our final solution.

In the laboratory of the Temple, I was able to create two unique items. I had never before created something of their kind — two Shards, grown in a controlled environment whose structure defied my wildest expectations. Within their depths, facets formed and created such a depth that I could scarce believe it. Reality itself seemed to fold in on itself over and over in a myriad of reflective splendour.

One Shard, which I named Profusion, had a marked affinity for amplifying positive energy. Her sister, Vacuity, possessed a similar capability but increased negative energy. Both of them, in their native state, while excellent remained rather mundane. The first stage complete, their creation, it was now time to empower them.

During my first attempt to empower Profusion and Vacuity, I was unsuccessful; partially. While the Breach and I worked together, intimately and energetically and I shall never forget it, a great lesson was learned from my failure. While trying to empower both of the Shards at the same time, their antagonistic energies did begin to feed off of each other. Though they fought against each other, they were not consumed. I could do this!

During my second attempt, I employed the assistance of Sadara. The thought is that as we would be conduits for the energy of the Breach, her and I would each be proxy for one specific power. Our efforts were not in vain. The ritual allowed us to create two Profusion Shards and it taught me that while I think of all energy and being just that, power, the Breach does not allow for the flow or amplification of those energies we would think of as harmful or dark. The Breach and our technique were so powerful that the power of Profusion completely eradicated any trace of Vacuity from the unempowered Vacuity Shard. That is how a second Profusion Shard was formed.

Knowing what I know now, I believe I have found the perfect location to empower the Vacuity Shard. As we speak, I have begun work to create another unempowered Shard. Should I be able to reproduce my earlier work with the same level of quality to my creation, I will be moving forward. We are very close now. I believe I shall have to create many a fruit basket to thank all of those who have followed through with their promises that they would help. If nothing else, I hope they will survive.

The Matron 🕷️
Tentacle
Dreamer

Vacuity - An experience

Post by Tentacle »

Last night a small group if intrepid dreamers gathered together in the Acropolis Rift. What I did not expect was the presence of Ssun-kith and Matron Picco. Upon my entrance into their temple, I could not help but think of potential conflict. Through my broken and archaic dark tongue and the assistance of Mandus, our message was communicated well enough. The Darkness is a threat to all entities, not just those who assume the shape of a dreamer.

I was allowed to pass into the generation chamber and further even into the power room. Within this place, I witnessed a tender display by Picco, and my resolve was strengthened. There was much more at risk here than our comfort and security as dreamers. At that moment, I again gained a sense of universal ties which exist outside of our origins or appearance.

Ancient rites were combined with new techniques learned through my work within the Primordial areas. The Shrines, the Fonts, and Breach all have given of themselves in various ways to assist me at this moment. Setting aside any shred of doubt and fear, I allowed myself to become a conduit for chaotic forces. Those supporting me acknowledged the eternal and pervasive Darkness that exists all around us, and we made it work for us. There is a freedom to be gained in submission, acknowledgement. A sense of peace is found in acknowledging the entropic and destructive forces that are a part of a very natural system. If anything, it is hubris and domination exerted upon these forces that bring with them calamity and failure.

The flowing song I offered gave way to a haunting lament, voice and intent danced together with chaos and chaos drew close because of the siren's call. Through the Conduits, these energies moved and through us into the heart of Vacuity. Together we filled her vacuous depths with luscious, enthralling Darklight. In doing this, a great truth was revealed about those of us who formed this strange triumvirate, we were not dreamers, not entirely.

Now more than ever, I believe the visions which are given over to me through connection with the Primordial powers are the truth. They are not convenient deceptions of some unknown charlatan.

We stand on the threshold of an era of enlightenment. One age is ending. The stories of our past will be remembered but no longer clung to as a babe might stick to a security blanket. A time of slumber is drawing to its close, and unknown entities begin to stir. I, for one, shall not fear.
Tentacle
Dreamer

The Circlet of Parity; what it taught me.

Post by Tentacle »

The gathering itself filled me with hope. Though it is always a disappointment to see those who have sworn their support not follow through with their frequent assurances, I must remember that this has often been the case. Since my return to the city, there have been many times bonds have been tested and friendships have been shown to most often be born of convenience, not of conviction. I would be lying though if I said there was not some sense of betrayal. I am reminded of the early dreams when we found ourselves reawakened and many approached me as if to be friends only to extinguish those flames once they had what they desired. I cannot help but find it ironic for all of my dark charms there are some behaviours I find appalling and yet they are tolerated by so many. Predation seems all too commonplace, and those who speak to the negative effect of it become targets of opportunity. Even in the face of impending destruction, dreamers seem incapable of setting aside this aspect of their nature. Still, even with the sadness that I feel at the betrayal from the Kabal, Ascendency, and Tryhnak - this work is for some higher purpose, and I must see it done. Even the energies coming from emotions, both positive and negative that have been experienced during these trials will empower the Crown of Parity in their way. It is time to focus on the Circlet.

Dreamforge is a beautiful place. A wide assortment of dreamers combined efforts, allowing me to guide them as we began. I wanted them to feel comfortable, at ease, and welcome. The more at ease they felt, I believed, would make the work itself that much easier. Our state of mind, our emotional energy, these things are not separate from the power of creation and what comes to be manifest.

Do note as I am not a metallurgist, I came prepared for failure! My theories led me to believe that with proper placement of dreamers, we could work the substances going into the composition of The Circlet procedurally. We worked in stages, passing the moulds from one station to the next. The methods used by each focus were unique to their knowledge and focally related techniques. I considered using the particular area we were in as a stamping press, instead of mould casting, but our organization was precarious, and I did not think it wise to crush my guests.

Our work began slowly, as is usually the case many of those gathered were intimidated. The pressure one feels on themselves when given brief instructions and led mostly to their imaginations and methods can be daunting. I am proud to say though that those gathered, pulled through. When raw castings needed a bit more work from a particular station, those at that station were quick to redouble or adapt their efforts.

One powerful moment of the work was when we realized the mechanical nature of the Forge and how it could be manipulated. As is so prevalent in the Dreamscape, the obvious may be readily hidden in plain sight. It was Anyasha that first noticed hidden panels of various nobs, dials, and other components. She spoke up, asking if we could experiment with the newfound controls and the effects enlightened all of us.

At the end of it all, one of the moulds did produce a Circlet as I had designed. Unfortunately, even the best quality Circlet out of those we created was not of sufficient quality for our needs. I used somewhat underpowered temporary Shards to test my theories, and it became clear that the Circlet would in no way be strong enough to handle the full power of Profusion and Vacuity.

Frustrated yet indefatigable I paid a visit to the Workshop of Quinthe. Perhaps combining our knowledge could provide me with answers. At first, I had my concerns. I know well that Quinthe does not deal in "spooky" matters or projects. In a stroke of rare good fortune, for me, we were able to compare my design schematic for the Circlet with her collection and together we found a suitable design. I kept a surplus of odds and ends through all of this work just in case "accidents" happen - and because truthfully there are a great many spiteful thieves in the city. This bountiful surplus allowed a redesigned Circlet to be fabricated, and after extensive testing, I feel confident that it will be a worthy component of the Crown of Parity.

Once Profusion and Vacuity come into their full power and are joined to the Circlet of Parity, I have every confidence that the Crown of Parity shall be awakened. We must hurry and find a worthy Champion. Time is running out.