Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Where There's a Shadow, There's a Light...

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
jtbadn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Belom

Where There's a Shadow, There's a Light...

Post by jtbadn »

Many of us sometimes go to a place where we can just hide away from it all, alone or with a friend, even a lover.
To me, that place could be many places, anyplace even! But there is a deep connection that I hold for the Umbric Planes and on the facade of the stronghold, in my solace late one evening, I had experienced a sort of quickening. So, I gathered up my journal, a gift that was given to me not so long ago, and I begin to write.

Dearest Cianne,

You have brought such joy with you to the brothers of the Monastery. We are so lucky to have you and in knowing that, you have become like that of an anchor, balancing each one of us with your feminine energy. I want you to know that the minute I met you, I was drawn to your magnificent resilient energies. Cia, you are a breath of fresh air which I had been gasping for, and the drink meant to quench the thirst that I longed for.
You became my muse.

When I was given the crest of the Monastery, it was a happy time in my life. However, in everything there is balance, and at that same time, your dreams had become out of focus. I am happy to see that with certainty that your happiness has returned to you. Let us not think back on what had been, or even what could have been. Let us instead be present and mindful of each and every thing we do.

I have struggled in getting along with some among our ranks. I have since, found the support that flows from the others in Shadow and clarity now illuminates the path ahead that I may have overlooked before. The Shadow is known among us as the balance between the Light and the Darkness. Our work in the Shadow will continue and thrive as long as we are grounded, and connected to one another.

On my shard, I hold a profession in weather working. This means basically, my gifts are utilized to manipulate weather conditions in order to support growth, such as plant life. My work is also used to assist others with safe travels. I have been able to use the techniques and the benefits from scrying in my profession on my shard. Through this work I have been able to develop a great number of things and even with the extension of my dreams in the Underlight and with the Monastery.

I know that without the balance you provide so freely and unknowingly, I would not be where I am today. You promote growth in us, strength, wisdom, knowledge, virtue, diligence and to you we openly give you our trust. Thank you for the enrichment that you have gifted my dreams as well as my awakened state.

Whenever I am angry, hurt, sad, or depressed I begin to outwardly show negative characteristics and move to hide away from the City. I use the Art of MindBlank and I go to a place that I can be alone and process thoughts. It is here that I begin to repair the breach in my relations with others. Here is where reconciliation is defined. When I find that I am out of balance, I know what I must do and how to get back to the place of Shadow, the place where I can achieve this balance. It was you, my teacher who had shown me this path.

_____

In all things you do Cianne. I am thankful to have been given the opportunity to know you. I pay this tribute in honor of our dear friend Cianne. And to the City of Dreams I say unto you, "If you are ever feeling stuck, find your inner balance, quiet your thoughts and let things happen naturally, without interference. Seek out your own anchor, your own muse! Dream every dream as it were the one that counts the most."

Again, Cianne, for all that you do, not only for us on the Umbrics, but for the whole of the City. We thank you for being just who you are.

Your friend always,

~Belom
~Belom The Scrying Prophet