Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A Study in Alchemy - The Basics

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

A Study in Alchemy - The Basics

Post by -Lacie- »

Alchemy can be defined as a seemingly mystical process of transformation, creation and Combination. This seems all magical, but there are factual processes involved when the basics are understood. Facts, Brother Timothy will say, are negligible and therefore void in a DreamState. There, he and I differ in opinion.

To begin we need to set a down a few consistencies, which I consider facts.

#1 The 5 Elemental forces: Earth, Air, Water, Fire & Spirit. These correspond directly to Willpower, Insight, Resilience, Lucidity & DreamSoul, respectively. (We will refer to them as the former during the conference.)

#2 Elemental Coloring: Yellow, Blue, Green, Red & White. Again, these correspond directly to Earth, Air, Water, Fire & Spirit, respectively.

Now I realize these colors are not purely prime colors. Here's where you have to give in a little to the fact that we are dreaming and this isn't our waking worlds.

#3 Blended Colors:

Pink = Red + White. This means that if Pink is seen, the elemental components of that color would be Fire plus Spirit.

Purple = Red + Blue. This means a purple coloration is the Combination of Fire plus Air.
[/color]

Those wishing to participate in the study are requested to bring as many of the following things as they are able. One to Four (1-4) items would be appreciated.

1. Newcomer Chakrams - All focii and speed. Recharged if able. After the exercise, they will be donated to the Welcome Center. (These are the newer Chakrams that are mostly Chalk in coloration, level zero to one (0-1), slow or very slow with no effect. They are genned on the planes and drop from Bograms.)

2. Pure Talismen - These would be items that seem to have only one color. Examples include: Gold Alteror, Berry Elemen, Night Chakram. Alterors of any and all effect would be exceptionally welcome (Curse, Blind, Stagger, etc). These need to be genned items ONLY, please. Unwanted items of use will also be donated to the Welcome Center.

3. Tools for the first exercise - Any eager student would naturally bring their own Mortar and Pestle. If you cannot Forge your own, either have it made with your own design, or Inscribe a detailed description of it. These will be examined and graded. Rewards are possible for excellence in design.

We will gather at 7pm, with the formal discussion beginning at the quarter hour.
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

A Study in Alchemy - The Process

Post by -Lacie- »

First off, I would like to warmly thank each of you who attended the first class. Attendance was good and we had a fun group. The next class will be at 8pm DST so that more may enjoy the full benefit of the next class. This one will be especially fun, as we get to pull things apart and putting them back together again. You may want to wear protective headgear for this one!

Saturday night's exercise will involve Fire. We will be learning about A FEW of the 109 alchemical processes.

I will bring banners with the information we learned thusfar. The info is available above. Basically, we learned about the 5 elemental forces, how they're presented, and how to use a Mortar and Pestle. I lost mine last class, so if anyone has seen an Abyss Mortar and Pestle, which ID's as a 78/78 78% shield... I'd appreciate its return.

So anyone interested needs to bring their Mortars and Pestle along with 2 items they would like to work with. Here's the stats needed:

--The items cannot be forged; they must be purely genned.
--A non-pure Elemen, Charm or Alteror would be good to bring (This would be something NOT Pure, like a Cyan/Jade Elemen)
--Positive items preferred. Negative items in untrained hands usually leads to #18 - Combustion.
--Shields are the most difficult to use, so they are least preferred.

What you bring will lead to your final product, so put a little thought into this!

If you have any questions, try to hold them for the meeting, unless it's to clarify what you need to bring. Your questions are probably on the minds of others!

~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers

A Study in Alchemy - Serums (addendum)

Post by -Lacie- »

The third lesson in Alchemy will be presented this Thursday, the 30th at 7pm DST. Since the first attempt at this class went bust, due to unforeseen circumstances, and because of the apparent advancement of the Ecthen and their wicked goals, I have changed the approach I will be taking in this class.

There is a spot in the Convergence Museum that is empty. When you enter, go up the right stairway. At the top, will be our workshop... for now. We will begin there, since it's easy to get to and we can set our equipment down. I believe the room is empty enough to do this. We'll see.

Together with others, we are working on a way to rid the City of this Darkness, but on an intellectual... alchemic level. I will explain this further as we go forward.

For now, here's what you need:

1. A Distillation device of some sort. The way you craft it is up to you. You may research my old journals or your own archives for a design. If you need a Forger, ask one. If they refuse, make note of their name and I'd LOVE to hear about the experience!

2. If you want to set your Still in the Museum, please limit your device to 5 items. Any more and you risk filling the available space for others. I will keep a watch on this area. Please sign your work on one piece... the last piece, so we know who made what.

3. An Elemen of your choice. The best choice would be either of your own focus or the item listed in #4.

4. An Alteror which contains an effect you wish to work with. For example, I'm bringing either a Stagger or a Curse Alteror, whichever I can gen. These items MUST be genned. I'll explain to anyone why they must be genned. No Forged items, please.

5. Since we're going to make Serums, if you wish to bring any herbal or elemental items, that would be accepted also. I realize sometimes these items will eventually be Forged, but that's alright in this situation.

Hold onto your ingredients and try to make a recipe up of how you would like your Alteror to turn out. Do you want it to Stagger? Vision? How would you actually make a Stagger Alteror? It's simple to just do it, but how is it actually made? What will your Stagger Alt do? Will it shoot a target with Stagger? Or just lay in wait of someone stepping near it?

Distillation means that you're taking a liquid and Purifying it with heat and evaporating it to steam, cooling it and capturing the condensation. How would you use that? That's the class.

All are welcome to either participate or just watch, learn and ask questions. If you do wish to watch and learn, please be respectful of those trying to work. Let's have a bit of fun and see if we can make something to distract, distort, harass, harry, or irritate or otherwise piss off the Echten!

~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal
~Lacie~
Screchethan Kabal