Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

What I Have Learned as Truths

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Zilly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Zilly

What I Have Learned as Truths

Post by Zilly »

Entry #1

My name is Zillyanca Browning. Most call me Zilly.

My shardic career and Calling is Head Librarian, Mistress and Devotee of the Pantheon of the Divine Galyan.

These are my Truths as I have come to know them so far in the City of Dreams.

I have met many interesting people here, many have been super helpful showing me around, answering my questions and gifting me with items.
My original quest was to visit and learn about the houses, their beliefs, what they do, what they stand for.
I have spoken one on one with many dreamers from different houses, and observed others from a distance as I listened.
I have found only two of these, that sparked any interest or desire in me to gather more information.
One of those two, I have scratched off of my list as I observed and listened from a distance.

A person can learn a whole lot just by doing that. Don't get me wrong though, I do love to talk and I do more of it than
I probably should, but it is the nature of my work and my life. Learning, teaching, knowing, asking.

There is a whole lot of anger in this City, dissension, arguing, posturing. I usually absent myself from those situations
except when something can be learned from it, as has been the case a couple of times. There is no such thing as peace in any
society, ancient or modern day but I think that there can always be resolution.

The houses in this City do not seem to have much in the way of respect for one another as a whole, except for one
that I have encountered.
Most will balk when I reveal that the one I refer to is the Temple of the Abundant Soul. The one most refer to as
"The Blood Cult" but I will speak on that a little later in my missive.

I have witnessed and heard at least one person from each house, arguing fighting and cussing at other dreamers, this seems to usually
take place in a place of Sanctuary.

Each house, that is, except for the members of the Temple, the Chosen. Now perhaps there has been a time before mine when this
may have happened, but these are my present truths. In all of these arguments I have been witness to, I have heard no retorts or
slander or anything like that from any member of the Temple. They carry themselves with dignity and respect. So far as I have seen
they are friendly with most every dreamer they see, only to often times be met with mockery when they exit the room.
Many have warned me away from "The Blood Cult" and also warned me away from many of you. It is not pertinent to name names,
though I appreciate your, concern? I will make my own judgements and decisions. This group is comprised of incredibly intelligent
and driven dreamers, who want to explore what has never been explored, learn as much as they can and try to better themselves and the City.

The Chosen have not told me or asked me to write these things, in fact they will likely be surprised to read these things.
On the contrary, they are not even aware that they have become one of
my Truths, but they have, and I do not feel any uneasiness about this or have any reservations or misgivings.

Blood Cult you say. Here is my truth as it pertains to that. This is our shared dream. This is a dream I am having. I am not going to
bleed here, I am not going to die here, I am not going to murder someone here.
Blood letting? I do not see it as such, what I see is Dreamsoul. Dreamsoul, being the "blood" being given in a bond, or a ritual, or to help things grow.
Soulmasters give of themselves to heal, to me those are not very much different. Many may disagree, but again, these are my Truths, my perceptions, not yours and
I do not need approval for those. Trust me, I am of perfectly sound mind.

I am very thankful for everyone who has been so kind and helpful in my journey so far. I look forward to many more
dreams and adventures with all of you, which I will chronicle in this Book of Truths as I go along.

Zill