Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A Vision:

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

A Vision:

Post by Tentacle »

Recently, while taking a step towards a more thorough understanding of my potential, I had a vision. Words are inadequate for expressing the scope of what I experienced. I shall do my best to convey what I witnessed. It was through this vision I came to understand the true power and potential of the Primordial Shrines and Fonts.

I stood in a blanket field of emptiness. A bleak and utter void. In time I was able to choke back my terror and regain my composure. I came to realize all was not as I thought. The darkness all around me had substance. I closed my eyes and willed myself to gain perspective, I felt myself move away. When I opened my eyes again I now viewed the great expanse as if from a distance. The field that lay before me was terrifying in its beauty. I had never before known that tones of darkness rolling over each other could hold such depth. I knew in that instant I looked upon the face of all potential.

On my periphery, I noticed what I thought were stars. As I watched them I detected movement. With nauseating speed, the lights were upon me. As they moved I knew that I was gazing upon the light of individual consciousness. They came upon the rolling void and moved away, changed. Each carried now a tiny portion of the great and rolling void. The heiligenschein each consciousness now carried I knew to be the multitudinous potentials each possessed. I turned my attention back to the ocean of emptiness. It had changed. It too had taken something from the consciousness's it encountered. And so the exchanges continued.

From this great expanse, a figure emerged. I knew its name to be Lyrsha. Though I knew it to be feminine I also knew that it was without true shape or name. I saw her, as I could comprehend. The figure lifted her arms as if to embrace me. Before I could give thought to my approach I knew the word, "witness."

I felt myself moving away from the figure with incalculable speed and yet my perception of her did not change. Between Lyrsha and I, a cobblestone path larger than one could conceive of was falling into place. At once I knew these bricks to be the seeds of reality. What I was witnessing was the birth of all that would be.

From the great womb of potential that Lyrsha stood before, webs of fundamental energy began to grow. Great rivers and smaller streams began to criss-cross and weave themselves across the realities. Though my perception began to lose the capacity to follow every path, I could see that there were always primary paths that led back to Lyrsha. The myriad of realities continued to expand. Though their dimensions escape true description I knew that each of them had parent connection with this fundamental expanse of pure potential... ~

The Primordial Shrines and the Fonts they contain are a connection to our beginning. They feed reality itself. Do not let your conventional senses deceive you. Though the Shrines and the Fonts may, at first glance, seem as mundane as a great many other structures in the city, they are not. Through them, we have reestablished our connection with the raw potential of the Dreamscape, and beyond.

We stand at the threshold of a new age. Will you answer when you are asked to step inside?

The Matron 🕷️
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper