Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Fourth gathering for new art project: Transmute Essence recap

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Fourth gathering for new art project: Transmute Essence recap

Post by Dakkoth »

Good evening citizens,

It's taken some time to mull over all the happenings a couple weeks ago in the Pedantical Library. For those who are unaware, the fourth gathering was to put the stew of Resilience I had been brewing in the cauldron to the test. We tried an assortment of essences at different energy intervals. With each increase in interval, a more devastating horror overcame us. Fearing what the last couplet of nightmare essences would do, we decided to use dreamer essences to see if there was any difference. For this, Sadara offered up two of her own essence. After putting them into the cauldron, one of the essences became animated. A true horror reigned over the laboratory. We were overcome with Chaos and collapsed out. When we regained our coherence in the Umbric Exit, a loud explosion could be heard. Upon our return, the Pedantical Laboratory portal had been deactivated. We feared that the laboratory had been blown up. But moments later, Sadara was able to go inside and soon after the rest of us.

Em'et and I discussed what happened in the dreams to come. We inspected the Apparatus and found it to be in tact with seemingly no permanent damage. He explained to me how the Apparatus had conflicted with our experiment. As such, I'll be using the Mt. illapse Cabal Cache for a laboratory moving forward.

Since, I have been looking for a refined method for Transmute Essence which all resulted in failure. I have come to realize that Resilience alone is unable to reshape AND form a new talisman. As all products of my testings have been mutliated, transformed but disfigured remnants of the same talisman and nay anything new. Transmute Essence as it was is a thing of the past now; a failed experiment. But not all is lost.

Following up on my notes and with the help of a fellow alchemist, a new vision has emerged. Through methods of filtration, we will look to extract the energy of Chaos Wells, break it down into each focal element, and combine them to form Elemental Mass. Join me and many others as we continue forward and embark on this new twist on Transmute Essence this Wednesday 02/27/19 at 8pm DST.

~D