Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Duos of Death ~ A History

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Cuero
Dreamer

Duos of Death ~ A History

Post by Cuero »

The secrets of Idaoclesia are often jealously guarded, or faded from memory. This is one such story, as best can be remembered.

Tehthu.

What comes to mind when a Lyran thinks of that name? All of the invocations that can be attributed to that darkmare could be attributed to my former partner, and sometimes ally, Tzra'zik.

Don't stop reading if you hate darkmares... my relationship with Tzra'zik was one of necessity, not one of desire. I was a recent exile from Rulership of the Sect of the Prudent, a militarized, radical house.

I sought revenge... I sought meaning in these new dreams of mine, and Tzra'zik was there, recognizing my need for purpose and gave me one: destroy his enemy Hotax, and in return he would destroy Bortami, the one who betrayed me.

For background, we didn't have one Tehthu, but two. Tzra'zik and Hotax. Idaoclesian dreamers had it rough... we found ourselves on a perpetual turf war between gods, Ancient Ones, darkmares, planeswalkers, and anything else you could imagine. Hotax was a leader of the Hotaii, our division of darkmares who never interacted with dreamers. They came, they collapsed and got collapsed, and they left. Hotax was the most ruthless, the most violent.

Tzra'zik was different, he was smart, calculating, and knew how to exploit weaknesses beyond a simple claw or chakram.

Together we set a plan, a pretty simple plan... take a bomb into Hotax's lair deep on the edge between the Rifts and the Dark Awakening and blow the bastard to smithereens. Few knew of our plan beyond a few brave souls willing to lend their ingenuity toward the crafting of a bomb. It was easy to enlist dreamers to help destroy Hotax, and none knew I was working alongside Tzra'zik save one, Shae. She didn't approve, but she knew I needed a cause... and this was better than others I could be pursuing.

With Tzra'zik's help, I found this lair. I planted the bomb, and activated it, but as I turned to leave, Hotax was waiting. He knew!. Needless to say, after a brief struggle I was collapsed, and purged to the Path of Madness in Threshold Caves. But upon my landing, I heard the boom. Felt it resonate outward in a rush from deeper inside the Caves. The bomb set off. Had Hotax been destroyed?

Many came to me. Restored my coherence and we waited, our senses honed toward tracking any movement from Hotax. We felt him coming. Five rooms over, four, three, two, then one. He entered. He looked a mess, a claw hanging haggard from a mangled bone. His robes ripped more than usually, his maw, forever twisted into a scowl looked more fearsome without his lower jaw. He lunged with a bone-rattling roar.

Tzra'zik emerged at the last instance, and the two fought, and Hotax was pushed back. But when the sounds of chakram fire and clawing ceased, Tzra'zik approached me, and in dreamer's tongue told me 'Well Done.' The secret was out, I had no choice but to embrace it, but not before Tzra'zik turned to Bortami, held up a claw that still dripped of Hotax blood and snarled at Bortami, "Next."
~Cuero/Sevlen