Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Shield Improvement Theory

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Trisha Pawm
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Trisha Pawm

Shield Improvement Theory

Post by Trisha Pawm »

Shields in this city and the Lyran counterpart have proven to be exceedingly brittle. The theory I have and others share is that Ideocleasian shields were incredibly potent and strong and this could perhaps be imbued somehow onto this city's iteration of shields. I have a single working theory on how to improve shields within this city. We cannot remake shields and shift how they function in this city. It would be far too complicated and odds are towards failure.

What I believe "We can do" is weaving extra space into the shield for a massive durability supercharge. This would be done by supercharging the shield's shell after weaving extra capacity into it. It could in theory multiply the absorption of the shield. The hope would be to get a 10 times multiplication of the Durability of shields. This would allow shields to be useful in many instances. It would give Soulmasters more significant use in the city beyond just as Trappers which seems to be the role many wish for them to have.

From this position the new shield if able to be created would need to be brought to a central style generator to attempt to imprint it onto the city's generator pathways and attempt to "Over-ride" the current shields with this new capacity shield. The theory being they could spread from there and generators in the city would begin offering them like they do normal shields now.

Dakkoth, Purple Lace and others were contributors or offerers of advice or knowledge in the producing of this theorycraft. It will be something we continue to work on!

Sincerely,
Trisha Pawm