Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Idoaclesian History: Em'et and Teaching

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Emet
Dreamer

Idoaclesian History: Em'et and Teaching

Post by Emet »

When I was a newly, there were very few dreamers of high sphere. The highest sphere in the dream was 3rd -- and only 3-4 dreamers had reached that height. Being able to wield 2nd sphere chakrams with the 10-22 range was a mark of great distinction, allowed you to be competitive in battle.

And there were no FateSender teachers. Oh, a few filtered in and out of the city. Jack and Ellie were the only two I can remember. Every FateSender major I learned was tasked from an Elder Master.

I enjoyed tasking, and didn't mind (much) having to wait to find teachers. I'd seek tasks from any and every teacher possible. But I never envisioned becoming a teacher; it seemed such a thankless job to me. Teaching seemed like a new time sink, in a time during which I already had a lot on my plate. Despite a few folks recommending me for the job, I ignored the path of teaching and just tasked as fast I could.

So what changed? I had a rather strange dream, some years later, when I had attained the lofty height of 3rd sphere myself. It was some time later, and there were still no regularly dreaming Fatesender teachers. And on that one fateful dream, I encountered no less than FOUR Newly Awakened FateSenders, looking for teachers, for tasks. This was during a time in which we saw a newly once per WEEK, if we were lucky. And I couldn't help but feel that if I had been a teacher, I might've been able to keep them dreaming. I also felt that it was my responsibility to teach; why had I accumulated all this power, if not to share it? I've never been political or ambitious, I learn because I love it.

I found, to my delight, a certain talent for teaching. Match this with the fact that teaching actually ending up teaching me? And I knew I had been a fool. Teaching was amazing! I don't know why I didn't see it before, but teaching is the ultimate way to learn.

I still get overwhelmed sometimes. And there are times, still, when it feels like a thankless job. But thank goodness, those moments are few and far between. Teaching is an essential part of me now, as much as FateSending is.