Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Lyceum Charter

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Lyceum Charter

Post by Cherokee »

Purpose:

The Lyceum is a group of individuals with a talent and passion for writing. We are the City's masters of the written word: scribes, historians, journalists, and even artists. We are the stewards of the Archive of Planes and the Convergence Museum.

Once a month the Lyceum will hold a bardic meeting or specialty event.

WordSmith Seekers:
  • Each Seeker must have Inscribe.
  • Each Seeker will be mentored by one of the Wordsmiths.
  • Each Seeker will preform a series of 5 mini quests written by their mentor. (See 'Upkeep Duties' for some quest examples)
  • Fast track exceptions for contributions prior to mentoring. (Only 1-2 will count out of the 5 required quests)
  • A written support must be obtained from the majority of the current Wordsmiths. The Seekers' contributions will be graded based on effort, quality and clear content, as well as spelling and grammar.
Mentors:
  • Each Mentor must keep track of their Seeker's progress and update the rest of the Lyceum regularly.

Upkeep Duties:
  • Interviewing
  • Journalist work (news articles)
  • Historian work (history documentation)
  • Poetry & Fictional stories
  • Art commissions
  • Lyceum related events/projects
  • Mentoring
- Once a month every Mark holder must complete the equivalent of a mini quest, but is urged to do more.

- Three months of inactivity (being absent from the City) will result in removal of the Mark, as well as stagnation while dreaming (not contributing).

- Returning Wordsmiths -from this city- must undergo one admittance task to regain their Mark and Archive privileges. This task will be decided upon by the current Wordsmiths.

Oath:

I, [name], hereby swear to uphold the duties of the WordSmiths and honor the written word. I promise to keep the integrity of my Mark in tact, and to never present a known falsehood as truth within my writing. I understand that this is both an honor and obligation, and will not seek to use this Mark to elevate myself above others.