Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Gathering of the Cauldron; 4th meeting recap

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Gathering of the Cauldron; 4th meeting recap

Post by Dakkoth »

To all SoulMasters and citizens of Underlight,

During the second Gathering of the Cauldron, we SoulMasters reviewed Bleeding in contrast to Poison. Similarly, it periodically drains our DreamSoul. But, there is no cure for it as there is Antidote for Poison. Protection will protect oneself from Bleeding. However once afflicted with Bleeding, there is no cure until it wears off. It can be Abjured off. However, that’s counter productive as Abjure is random and could end up stripping other protective arts in the process.
As such, we SoulMasters discussed what would be potential cures for Bleeding. Looking at the current restorative arts we SoulMasters have:
• Restore adheres to ones avatar and transmutes into DreamSoul strengthening it. But even restoring ones avatar to perfect form, Bleeding will still ensue
• Purify lifts Curse off only
• Antidote cures Poison only
• Etc.
It would appear we SoulMasters have formed the cure for each specific ailment historically. This begged the question, what would cure Bleeding?

The SoulMasters gathered began to hypothesize that perhaps one of the restorative arts would wield a dual purpose and also be fashioned to remove Bleeding. Relib suggested Purify should do more due to its rather high Resilience cost. Dina began to toss out an idea for a new restorative art she called “Coagulate” and Relib added “Congeal” as two possible names for it. Even “Remedy” was another new art discussed as a “Cure All” for SoulMasters which would include Bleeding. But soon all SoulMasters shuddered the thought of yet another restorative art to manage. Though “Remedy” was favored if any new art were to be made since it would incorporate a cure for all ailments if we were to be successful in creating it.

Magnilia mentioned that “perhaps the shield our restoration offers us could be modified so that it could stop the effect [of Bleeding]. If [Bleeding] weakens the avatar allowing loss of DreamSoul, it would make logical sense the shielding could repair it”. I chimed in with a thought of improving Healing Aura to remove Bleeding. Nearing the end of the gathering, BladeSlayer appeared and joined us. After catching him up with all our discussion, he stated “I would think adding function to something would be a better idea than repurposing something that already has a function. For instance, Purify removes a curse, how then would it also remove a bleed? Rather, by virtue of our focus we apply a mitigation effect via restoring, this could also mend a bleed.” This was very similar to what Magnilia had offered about the shield but in a slightly different manner.

The group then started to ponder on this idea. I offered that restoring the dreamer to full DreamSoul and then further Restoring there after would remove any Bleeding effect. To which BladeSlayer replied “Such as detrimental arts strip away protective arts, restore could do the same, but in reverse. Or opposite? Whichever way you wish to envision it.”. I personally loved this idea. I replied that not only Restore but Healing Aura should also be able to strip away Bleeding effect as for example Paralyze would strip away at Free Action. We capped off the discussion there thus ending the Second Gathering of the Cauldron.

At the Fourth Gathering of the Cauldron, we recalled this topic on the Cure for Bleeding. We reviewed all the previous things mentioned at the Second Gathering of the Cauldron mentioned above but in summary. I began to tell of my research between the Second and the then Fourth Gathering of the Cauldron. I explored heavily on Magnilia and BladeSlayer’s idea in the interim since we all thought it was great. I spoke about our triumph in creating an Energy Shield out of the same Resilience at no extra cost used in Restore and Healing Aura. “This is just a testament to our mastery of Resilience over the many years we SoulMasters have dreamt. The more we channel our Resilience and attune ourselves more to Resilience, the more we can make of it”, I said.

I then began to speak of wounds and bleeding. How, when a wound is open, bleeding gushes out. However, as one begins to heal, the bleeding slows and reduces until such a point when the wound is fully healed, and the bleeding is then as a result fully subsided. In this manner, we should seek to attune ourselves to the thought of reducing the Bleeding, restoring the wound, protecting it with our Energy Shield, and thus removing the Bleeding altogether once fully restored. All by means of Restore and/or Healing Aura. To which the SoulMasters gathered were delighted and cheerful. All appeared to be accepting of the method. We are focused on the method to the Cure for Bleeding. Now we need only enact upon it.

As such, here would be my plan for moving forward with it. To attune ourselves to the idea, we must practice it. I would, with willing participants mind you, subject them to Bleeding. Then begin working on applying the Resilience to form the Energy Shield to combat the Bleeding as if to clot or bandage the wound, reducing the Bleeding. Then once fully restored, administering that Energy Shield as a protective measure from further Bleeding thus removing it entirely. We SoulMasters would attempt this over and over again, attuning ourselves to the idea, refining our use of Resilience, and strengthening our abilities.

We SoulMasters all came to an agreement that the Cure for Bleeding should be our main focus of further Gathering of the Cauldrons moving forward. It was also decided that we should hold our Gatherings of the Cauldron just once a month. While I personally was not in favor of this, I respect that the rest of the SoulMasters wished it. Therefore, we shall gather on the last Thursday of each Month where the next (Fifth) Gathering of the Cauldron will take place on February 28th at 8PM DST. I encourage SoulMasters who are willing to participate in the Cure for Bleeding to seek me out and we shall begin to work on this in the interim to prepare for the upcoming gathering. Until then, be safe.

~D