Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Second look at a new art project: Transmute Essence

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Second look at a new art project: Transmute Essence

Post by Dakkoth »

Fellow citizens of Underlight,

At this second gathering, we reflected heavily upon the many voices who expressed their opinion and concerns about combining the essence arts. Most of which came from devout members of houses that only wish to Imprison or Banish for instance. Thanks to the help of those gathered, we have a slight but substantial change in how we are going about solving this. The idea being Transmute Essence will restrict the evoker to the essence manipulation specific to their stronghold's core beliefs. This would mean members of DoL would only be able to Imprison, HC only able to Banish, etc. FreeSpirits will be able to choose from all methods as they are not bound to a stronghold of particular belief.

It is my understanding from the discussion that Translocate has a sensor of sorts that will sense the varying status of a dreamer. It is also my understanding and experience with Forge Talisman that I know it restricts what type of Crest one can make, that being reflective of the stronghold you are bound to, as well as restricts particular functions based upon Orbit and Plateau.

In our next gathering, we'll be getting hands on as we deconstruct Translocate and Forge Talisman for their status seeking methods. Then, we'll begin weaving the threads between the varying status of dreamers to each of the essence arts. Each thread will connect a status to an available essence art. This will be how our Transmute Essence art will determine what essence arts are available to each dreamer.

So join us on Friday at 7pm DST as we work on this critical foundation to Transmute Essence. All are welcomed and encouraged to attend. Location to be determined. Watch for my messages in the Courtyard and BYON (Bring Your Own Needles!)

~D