Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Ascension

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Tentacle
Dreamer

Ascension

Post by Tentacle »

I offer these words in light of what transpired in recent dreams. Ascension within a political movement did collide with a powerful moment of the ascension of self. The true power of this collision will provide ripples across our city, and ourselves, for an undeterminable amount of time. 🕷️

Ascension, the act of ascending; a rising; ascent. Is in very basic terms exactly what we do when we gain a new sphere. It is also what we do when through various avenues we come to gain rank within one of the noble houses.

There is a great deal of metaphysical power behind the act that is often lost upon both teacher and student alike. Over the aeons, the act has lost much of its mystique. This is no one's fault but our own. The concept of ascension is, in fact, one that can and should be handled with a great deal of care.

When a teacher begins to prepare a student for their ascension it is important for both to remember just what this means. It is only by doing this can power and reverence be brought back into the event of ascension itself. While I put these words into this scroll I also realize that not every dreamer is familiar with metaphysical concepts nor are they inclined to look upon anything with a necessarily spiritual eye.

Too often dreamers allow themselves to become limited by their abilities and the sphere they have, or their perceived rank. The level of ascension and ability that they possess come to define them. Dreamers should, instead, seek to define their abilities. Within the dream city, we are limited only by our imagination. Too often our imaginations become subdued and withdrawn and all around us begin to suffer.

There is within the city a distinct lack of personal accountability and personal conviction. Every day the city becomes more corrupted by those who care nothing except for their own perceived codes. Anyone may carry out actions with the best of intentions (subjectively) but because the process has begun with poor information and reasoning, the outcome reflects this.

Teachers cannot be afraid to let revolution occur. The history of the realities has been enriched by those teachers which understand the many ways our forms may experience ascension. I once remarked to a Seneschal that I move forward, not back, and by saying such refused to be a part of his revolution. While initially, this felt only like a loss, I realize now that sometimes loss results in an overall gain.

All of us have two educations: one which we receive from others; another, and the most valuable, which we give ourselves. We must remember who we are and what we hope to be. The fastest is not the best. Conforming is not the easiest path through it can appear deceptively so. If a man loves the labour of his potential, apart from any question of success or fame, the fates have called him. Be not persuaded to change based on the ideals of others. Be the change you wish to see in the city.
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper