Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Experiments for the DreamSeer's Guild - A journal

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Experiments for the DreamSeer's Guild - A journal

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

So, this has always been billed as an experiment for the DreamSeer's Guild. I did my best to ensure that DreamSeers were invited, present, and informed. I believe that the goal, in my head, was to show that the guilds have a relevant place. I think that, given the incoming number of new dreamers, there may be further opportunities for dreamers who find themselves on the fringes of the houses looking for opportunities in a big way. Regardless of how this report goes, I am going to continue prompting the guilds to work and ensure their relevance. Especially the DreamSeer guild, as I think we have some great contributors in Lace and Sil.

The first experiment was more of a thought experiment. It led dreamers down the path of what they are actually able to perceive in a dreamer from a variety of afflictions and observations without having to invasively inspect a dreamer's core.
It started with great debate over the ethics and what dreamers wanted the city to know and what they didn't. There was heated debate about, specifically, house memberships. Dreamers wanted to maintain their anonymity when it came to their allegiances. Which was interesting, so I think there would be a lot of resistance to that particular skill.

We went through and identified many of the things we can learn about a dreamer by simply observing them or their behaviour. Watching them walk into walls implying blindness, or failing when they evoke their arts to imply curse. Running for no reason may be attributed to scare, and drunken staggering can have a number of reasons.

The important part was that dreamers don't need to do much to tweak ID curse, except to expand on the idea of identifying curse to reflect all arts. That's mostly what this experiment is trying to accomplish. There was some great participation from a number of dreamers. I think that the dreamers provided a great deal of direction.

The second experiment was a practical experiment that attuned dreamers to items that reside in one's pack or are associated with a particular skill or ability or affiliation. For example, the ability to train comes with support train and therefore the ability to create an item attuned to a skill. Being able to make house crests with forge, another direct link to a physical attribute, rather than just an affiliation. Same with being able to forge Stars, or the ability to create Amulets, or combine or having a DreamSmith Mark or a halo. All of these things have a physical requirement that allows a dreamer to "make" or do something.

We went over the house ID's and the items I could forge, or the colours I could forge with and the like. We were able to link them to the arts and crests and such that a dreamer has. The whole experiment was actually a learning opportunity to see that the physical is a lot more observable than how we actually see things. Everyone looks for a metaphysical cause or reason, but the reality is that everything we do has an impact. This may be a little biased, however, since I am very much an illuminate. This is just a great example of how there is a physical presence, not just a mental projection.

Experiment three was basically the binding of the energy that is created when a dreamer makes those observations. In my shard, it is believed that reality is a reflection of our observations, yet, our observations of that reality is what causes everything to exist. The final experiment utilized a Dynamo that captures the observations and refines them down into a single, cohesive current that can be directed. It essentially winds up the observations and creative thought and churns it into a single source, not unlike the telescope of the DreamSeer's Teaching Hall or AoE. It concentrates that energy and then expels it outwards.

I decided the easiest way to get people involved was to give them a bit of a spectacle, followed by using their energy to put something familiar back together as a group. I chose myself. It was risky, I could have been put back together poorly. I came back, however, and I was still in one old piece. The experiment went well and I have kept the Dynamo for future use.

The end goal is to have ID Curse and Judgement combined into a single art that will allow a dreamer to detect some variation of the following:

1: Sphere
2: Condition (%age of Dreamsoul)
3: Active arts on the Target
4: Duration of Arts on the Target
5: Focus
6: Train/Sphere
7: Train Level
8: MT/WordSmith/DreamSmith
9: Possession of DreamStrike

Though perhaps there is something that the city will come up with of its own accord. It is always a mystery.