Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Observations

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Observations

Post by Butterfly »

Since my return to the City a few months ago, I have found that while some things have changed, others remain a curse. None of this is directed at a single dreamer or group, they are merely general observations.

Apathy is the greatest enemy of our fair Underlight and I have found that it appears primarily in two forms: environmental and social.

The city of Underlight is vast and diverse, but many do not take the time to wander the planes, explore the nuances of each room and get out of their comfort zones. We tend to gravitate towards well known and traveled areas like the Facades and Threshold. I fear that we are missing out on the hidden gems that this remarkable place has through our inaction. I implore you to get out and explore a plane you are unfamiliar with and let yourself get lost.

In an effort to aid you, I have arranged a scavenger hunt for room names and auras.

Social apathy is perhaps our greatest curse. Many complain that this is only an issue due to the size of our population, but I feel that is a cop out. Houses, guilds and cliques are necessary within the City, but not to the complete and utter exclusion of others. There are few ways for a new dreamer or a returned dreamer to engage in many of the activities either due to the location or the cold reception they receive. None are immune to this. I am not stating that everyone should always get along, but effort should be made. Inclusion should be our focus rather than exclusion and isolation.

Attending a different house’s meeting, asking about guilds, walking up to someone you don’t know and talking to them are all possible solutions. Our population is too small for us all to be enemies, we don’t have to be friends, but we have to share the dream. To quote a knight upon my shard “Team work makes the Dream work”.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ