Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Toregords Fictional Tale

Lore, history and other content by the citizens of Underlight preserved for posterity.
Toregord
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Toregord and others

Toregords Fictional Tale

Post by Toregord »

Once upon a time there was a brave girl called Lady Silver. She was on the way to see her student Toregord , when she decided to take a short cut through Trinity Walk.

It wasn't long before Lady Silver got lost. She looked around, but all she could see were plains. Nervously, she felt into her bag for her favourite toy, The Night Chalk Chakram, but The Chakram was nowhere to be found! Lady Silver began to panic. She felt sure she had packed The Chakram. To make matters worse, she was starting to feel hungry.

Unexpectedly, she saw a scary Emphant dressed in a gold color disappearing into the distance.

"How odd!" thought Lady Silver.

For the want of anything better to do, she decided to follow the peculiarly dressed Emphant. Perhaps it could tell her the way out of the plane.

Eventually, Lady Silver reached another clearing. In the clearing were two rooms, one made from rocks with statues and one made of grass and rivers.

Lady Silver could feel her tummy rumbling. Looking at the rooms did nothing to ease her hunger.

"Hello!" she called. "Is anybody there?"

Nobody replied.

Lady looked at the roof on the closest room and wondered if it would be rude to eat somebody else's creation. Obviously it would be impolite to eat a whole room, but perhaps it would be considered acceptable to nibble the odd looking grass or lick the odd flower, in a time of need.

A cackle broke through the air, giving Lady Silver a fright. A GateKeeper named cyborg512 jumped into the space in front of her. He was carrying a ward. In that ward was etched An Emblem from the Order of the Sable Moon!

"The Moon Crest!" shouted Lady Silver. She turned to the GateKeeper. "That's my House!"

The gatekeeper just shrugged.

"Give The Moon Crest back!" cried Lady Silver.

"Not in your dreams!" said the gatekeeper.

"At least let The Moon Crest out of that ward!"

Before she could reply, the scary Emphant in the gold spikes rushed in from a footpath on the other side of the clearing.

"Hello Big Emphant," said the gatekeeper.

"Good morning." The Emphant named Elmer noticed The Moon Crest. "Who is this?"

"That's The Moon Crest guardian," explained the gatekeeper.

"Ooh! The Moon Crest would look lovely in my house. Give it to me!" demanded the Emphant.

The gatekeeper shook his head. "The Moon Crest is staying with me."

"Um... Excuse me..." Lady Silver interrupted. "The Moon Crest lives with me! And not in a ward!"

Big Emphant ignored her. "Is there nothing you'll trade?" he asked the GateKeeper.

The GateKeeper thought for a moment, then said, "I do like to be entertained. I'll release him to anybody who can eat a whole Horron."

Big Emphant looked at the room and nodded and said, "No problem, I could eat an entire horron if I wanted to."

"There's no need to show off," said the gatekeeper. Just eat one rib and I'll let you have The Moon Crest."

Lady Silver watched, feeling very worried. She didn't want the GateKeeper to give The Moon Crest to Big Emphant. She didn't think The Moon Crest would like living with a scary Emphant, away from her house and all her other toys.

Big Emphant put on his bib and withdraw a knife and fork from his pocket.

"I'll eat this whole horron," said Big Emphant. "Just you watch!"

Big Emphant pulled off a corner of the of the rib from the horron making a loud crunch. He gulped it down smiling, and went back for more.

And more.

And more.

Eventually, Big Emphant started to get bigger - just a little bit bigger at first. But after a few more fork-fulls of chaos energy, he grew to the size of a large shamblix- and he was every bit as round.

"Erm... I don't feel too good," said Big Emphant.

Suddenly, he started to roll. He'd grown so round that he could no longer balance!

"Help!" he cried, as he rolled off down a slope into the river.

Big Emphant never finished eating the horron and The Moon Crest remained trapped in the GateKeepers ward.

"That's it," said the Gatekeeper . "I win. I get to keep The Moon Crest."

"Not so fast," said Lady Silver. "There is still one whole rib to go. The front side of the horron made from chaotic energy . And I haven't had a turn yet.

"I don't have to give you a turn!" laughed the GateKeeper. "My game. My rules."

The Knight’s named Prado voice boomed echoing through the room. "I think you should give her a chance. It's only fair."

"Fine," said the GateKeeper. "But you saw what happened to the Emphant. She won't last long."

"I'll be right back," said Lady Silver.

"What?" said the gatekeeper. "Where's your sense of impatience? I thought you wanted The Moon Crest back."

Lady Silver ignored the GateKeeper and gathered a hefty pile of sticks. She came back to the clearing and started a small camp fire. Carefully, she broke off a piece of the horrons rib and toasted it over the fire. Once it had cooked and cooled just a little, she took a bite. She quickly devoured the whole piece.

Lady sat down on a nearby log.

"You fail!" cackled the gatekeeper. "You were supposed to eat the whole horron."

"I haven't finished," explained Lady. "I am just waiting for my food to go down."

When Lady's food had digested, she broke off another piece of the horron. Once more, she toasted her food over the fire and waited for it to cool just a little. She ate it at a leisurely pace then waited for it to digest.

Eventually, after several sittings, Lady was down to the final piece of the horron. Carefully, she toasted it and allowed it to cool just a little. She finished her final course. Lady had eaten the entire Horron.

The gatekeeper stamped his foot angrily. "You must have tricked me!" He said. "I don't reward cheating!"

"I don't think so!" said a voice. It was the Elder Akkadian. He walked back into the clearing, carrying his cane. "This little girl won fair and square. Now hand over The Moon Crest or I will chop your halo in half."

The gatekeeper looked horrified. He grabbed his halo and placed it behind him. Then, huffing, he evoke the amulet of the ward.

Lady hurried over and grabbed The Moon Crest, checking that her favourite toy was all right. Fortunately, The Moon Crest was unharmed.

Lady thanked the elder, grabbed a quick souvenir, and hurried on to meet Toregord. It was starting to get dark.

When Lady got to Toregord's house, her student threw his arms around her.

"I was so worried!" cried Toregord. "You are very late."

As Lady described her day, she could tell that Toregord didn't believe her. So she grabbed a napkin from her pocket.

"What's that?" asked Toregord.

Lady unwrapped a chaos well revealing pieces from the horron. "Pudding!" she said.

Toregord almost fell off his chair.

The End